test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Next Fleet Holding

stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
What would you like to see in the next fleet holding?

My suggestion is a fleet project time discount, in the style of Fleet Dilithium Mine's discounts on projects' marks and commodity costs. Earning higher tiers would cause the fleet's projects to complete more quickly, allowing members of both large and small fleets to finish their filled projects and earn credits more quickly.

What are your ideas and suggestions?
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Post edited by stararmy on

Comments

• Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The warehouse on ESD.

It holds all the fleet stores, doff stuff, ship stuff, etc. So I don't have to transwarp to various places (hello cooldown) to look if I need something or want something.

Centralise all the stuff you're giving us cryptic! One ui window with everything the fleet has to offer. Don't hide it on npc's spread across the galaxy!

Never have I seen an mmo so tedious as this one.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Our own dyson sphere of course.

All costumizeable for us. Including foundry maps.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My own Taco bar ,in the DS-9 food court.
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to see a colony that grows as you level it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    pennylong wrote: »
    This seems interesting. What services would the colony provide to the fleet, though?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fleet Delta Outpost (Trade as main track, Espionage and Colonial sub-tracks)

Reduced Specialization XP requirement for next spec point (scaling with outpost tier)
    Embassy-style engineering consoles (with delta themed bonus stats; Hirogen resiliency, Hierarchy sensors, etc)
    Career Specific DOff recruit missions with new powers
    Ultra-Rare DOff store (UR qualities of first round/original DOff powers)
    Space and Ground Device store with reusable, tailored anti-species features (Anti-Borg Adaptation Suppressor, etc)
    UR Kit Power Store with 2-4 modules per career, 2-4 modules per spec field

Costume Store with new full costume set and catalog of minor new options (earrings, hairstyles, belts, etc)
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would love that. Like the old Tradewars 2000 BBS game. Being a fleet admiral might actually mean something.
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would like to see the tech which places deep space encounters in sector space put to use for fleets.

Specifically I want a section of the Gamma quadrant left empty for fleets to explore by running projects, such as:

Deploy deep space Probe.
    Send Survey team to uninhabited system.
    Send Trade delegation to make contact with indigenous species.
    Construct outpost.

As your fleet complete these special projects new locations could be revealed on the sector map for its fleet members. These would remain hidden and invisible to those who's fleets had not yet discovered them. Possibly becoming visible while your in a team with some one who's fleet has discovered them.

In this way we could get to be explorers again and fleets could offer content to their members as well as just shopping. Which is realy all we have now.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2015

As much fun as I think this could be, I doubt that the game engine could sustain it for multiple fleets, unless it was stripped down to cardboard cutout simplicity. The most fun option for me would be something on the order of Sim City or Caesar with respect to colony growth dynamics, but without all the downside of bad decision-making consequences.

In lieu of something that dynamic, I'd be happy to see a functional holodeck, where Foundry missions could be run, perhaps with a reduced reward scale vs. the missions located in sector space.

A crafting workshop/research lab would also be very cool, if we were able to experiment with different combinations of mods to gear; maybe even testing the prototypes in the holodeck. Think of the alien weapons lab in the basement in District 9... :P
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would like to see the tech which places deep space encounters in sector space put to use for fleets.

Specifically I want a section of the Gamma quadrant left empty for fleets to explore by running projects, such as:

Deploy deep space Probe.
    Send Survey team to uninhabited system.
    Send Trade delegation to make contact with indigenous species.
    Construct outpost.

As your fleet complete these special projects new locations could be revealed on the sector map for its fleet members. These would remain hidden and invisible to those who's fleets had not yet discovered them. Possibly becoming visible while your in a team with some one who's fleet has discovered them.

In this way we could get to be explorers again and fleets could offer content to their members as well as just shopping. Which is realy all we have now.

This. A thousand times this. Much as I love fighting in the Star Trek setting, it is a tale first and foremost about exploration.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd prefer a non-Tier based Holding based off the "Colony" idea.

A village on New romulus, with the map around the same size.
    Each project allows for a new building:
    • A Tailor
    • A Shuttlebay with shuttle specialties
    • An Engineering bay with upgrades
    • Houses for villagers (that decrease the time it takes for you to upgrade/build things from the village)
    • A hospital (For curing injuries, and getting healing thingies for Advanced/Elites)

... and so on...

Each building can receive individual upgrades, so rather than rely on Tiers, you rely on a single entity, or a broad accessibility of services.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i did expect that after DR sort of new talax colony. but probably will be someting connected with iconians.
  • Options
    crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kinda strange they forgo Delta and Iconian holdings...Perhaps they will wait till a Cardassian or Borg Cooperative expansion comes along? Then again STO defies any sense of logic. My fleet is topping 500 and would be awesome to have another holding to work on rather than to expand to another fleet extension.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fleet Training Academy. Sure, there's some thematic overlap with other holdings, but that's true for all the holdings.

+ The ability to (EXPENSIVELY) train and promote (upgrade) your DOFFS so as to increase their quality or have them learn a different active-duty power, etc
    + Vendor selling the boff powers that you usually have to craft, for FC + Dil
    + Vendor selling VERY MINOR skill point gain buff (like 1% or 2% or something) consumables
    + Vendor selling new unique doffs
    + New personnel officer who offers the (species) Cultural Exchange and doff up/downgrinding assignments - you know, the stuff for which you'd otherwise go to your homeworld's academy
    + Contact with Recruitment assignments
    + Expertise sinks (does anyone ever run out?)
    + Other functionality thematically related to training/promotion/etc

Words cannot express how much I would combust with happiness at the ability to ugprade/promote my doffs.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Fleet planetary Colony. I like it.

I was opening this thread and thinking great more terrible ideas that just are filler for Fleets, and nothing good.

But the Fleet Colony idea really has some great potential if done right.

I'd love to see some brain storming on this idea on what all it could entail.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Id rather see them fix the Captains Table first amongst a bunch of other things before they add another Holding. Maybe add a tier to the Embassy, DIl Mine or Spire. SOmething with the ability to get a Superior Operative trait with out having to use a Romulan.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stararmy wrote: »
    This seems interesting. What services would the colony provide to the fleet, though?

a red light district like on Qnos.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I thought we would see one for DR. I helped my Fleet on theirs on my Romulan. As I got the Senator Robes and Dyson outfit from them.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A library holding on Memory Alpha that emphasizes bonuses for the R&D and upgrade systems.
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    A library holding on Memory Alpha that emphasizes bonuses for the R&D and upgrade systems.

Put the Colony on Memory Alpha to give bonus to crafting.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    A Exploration holding set up so players can colonize new worlds build player citys use diplomacy with new races

Star Trek stuff
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stararmy wrote: »

Any of this not Delta themed (unless the colony is there):
    mreeves7a wrote: »

Reduced Specialization XP requirement for next spec point (scaling with outpost tier)
    Embassy-style engineering consoles (with delta themed bonus stats; Hirogen resiliency, Hierarchy sensors, etc)
    Career Specific DOff recruit missions with new powers
    Ultra-Rare DOff store (UR qualities of first round/original DOff powers)
    Space and Ground Device store with reusable, tailored anti-species features (Anti-Borg Adaptation Suppressor, etc)
    UR Kit Power Store with 2-4 modules per career, 2-4 modules per spec field

Costume Store with new full costume set and catalog of minor new options (earrings, hairstyles, belts, etc)

A building in the colony could be an R&D lab that benefits that somehow also.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    IF we could purchase a couple extra R&D slots the way we can purchase 3 doff slots at the embassy, that would be huge.