test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(S10) Mission Publishing Failing

primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
Frost and Crew.

Mission Publishing Seems to be Failing. Most of us have begun Publishing and had it Stop anywhere from 42-60 Percent Through..

Mission ID's

5 Star Challenge ST-HL26F18WU
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captpfdenniscaptpfdennis Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just discovered it is the new ESD map that will not publish.
    25971704528_706d57fcf0_n.jpg
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    We are beginning to think the Problem may be the result of the use of the new Earth Spacedock Map.
    My Mission included it.

So if you are having Publishing issues, Please let us know weather you are using this map or not
  • johnnysnowballjohnnysnowball Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    We are beginning to think the Problem may be the result of the use of the new Earth Spacedock Map.
    My Mission included it.

So if you are having Publishing issues, Please let us know weather you are using this map or not

I was republishing all my missions with no problem. Tried publishing one with the NEW ESD ground map and it stalled - would not publish. I went on to other missions that DON'T use new ESD and again publishing went well.

In short, it may be that the new ESD ground map can't be published.
    Is it too massive? or just bugged?
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am also having trouble publishing with the new ESD map.

The mission in question is "ESD Demonstration Project" (ST-HB72WXX55).
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hopefully this huge bug will be resolved soon... It will be folly on STO to keep it unpublishable
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    Issue with missions using the new ESD failing publish is verified. Thanks for the reports. I don't know when we might get a fix.
    STO QA Team
    edited May 2015
    issue With Missions Using The New Esd Failing Publish Is Verified. Thanks For The Reports. I Don't Know When We Might Get A Fix.

Thank You!
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey y'all! Question!

The ESD thing, is this:
    1) Projects with an objective placed on the normal ESD social map? OR
    2) Projects for which you've used ESD as one of your template maps?

Thanks!
    edited May 2015
    The ESD Template Map Taco just Added.

Any Project that includes it, fails to Publish.

Good Luck Z

I tried publsihing another Mission Yesterday, it got to 75% but Didn't Finish.

This Mission, only has 1 Map, the ESD Map.
    It also includes a dialogue prompt on the Social ESD, so you can probably test both with this mission. :)

5 Star Challenge ST-HL26F18WU
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the quick response! :)
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On the topic of the foundry ESD map, I noticed that if you somehow fall out of the foundry version of the map, you are beamed back to the social version.
    edited May 2015
    On the topic of the foundry ESD map, I noticed that if you somehow fall out of the foundry version of the map, you are beamed back to the social version.

I think its supposed to do that...

Like any interior Foundry Map... If you fall outside of the bounds and hit the invisible Floor, it give you the popup to "Beam Up" Which will automatically take you to the last social map you were on.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It will beam you to wherever the "entry point" for a given mission was on the world map. I have tested this with multiple results. If your entry point is somewhere other than ground ESD, that is a bug.

As a side, note, I'd appreciate it on the standard Foundry forums if people could identify the coordinates and rotation needed for animated props and invisible wall collisions. The "stock" options are included as details that can be placed but it was taking me HOURS of fine tuning to position any one. Being able to position the collisions especially would allow me to have fewer player-side bugs as an author.
    edited May 2015
    It will beam you to wherever the "entry point" for a given mission was on the world map. I have tested this with multiple results. If your entry point is somewhere other than ground ESD, that is a bug.

As a side, note, I'd appreciate it on the standard Foundry forums if people could identify the coordinates and rotation needed for animated props and invisible wall collisions. The "stock" options are included as details that can be placed but it was taking me HOURS of fine tuning to position any one. Being able to position the collisions especially would allow me to have fewer player-side bugs as an author.

Already Done.... All you needed to do was look.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1455951
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm having a separate problem on publishing. My Featured episode Interwarp Experiment has not shown up on the servers yet and today when I checked I saw a failed publish error, but nothing else I could access (featured eps are no longer editable by the creators).

Fortunately I did save a backup and found 4 new map errors that had never been a problem before.

All 4 were (I'm paraphrasing) "asset out of bounds of playable area" and all were on the Belfast set.

I checked and located 2 invisible walls and one console that failed on 2 instances of the map.

In all cases, their y coordinate was around -1 to -2. In all cases, they were in playable and valid locations (for the generator console I needed to sink it into the floor for visual reasons).

So the bug is that range checks for playable areas have been set overaggressively, at least on this map.

My other problem is that I would love for someone at Cryptic to UNfeature my episode long enough for me to put in workarounds so it will successfully publish! I'm not sure how to initiate this, other than posting here.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, I got that too on "One of Our Telepaths is Missing", with the Defiant interior. In my case, they were at -2 because they were in the little side room whose floor actually is at -2. (That is, the player's FEET are at -2 - there's a bit of a bug with it, because the floor is a little lower still so the player appears to float.) In my case it was fixable by putting in a false floor so that the player and furniture could be at altitude 0, like I should have done ages ago anyway to get rid of the floating effect, but I can see the problem.
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the quick response! :)

Thank you Zer0 and Thank you Frost for the Quick Repair.

It Works Now, Publishing went by Smoothly.
This discussion has been closed.