test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New ESD asset positioning data

paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
While building a map on the new ESD for my new Iconian War mission, I compiled a spreadsheet of basic ESD assets and their coordinates for other authors to use.

This only includes basic stuff such as the locations of doors (for turbolifts and Club 47, and also a few regular doors for use in the shuttlebay), water planes (for the pools), and a few items like invisi-walls and floors to keep players from getting stuck, or wandering off the "edge" of ESD into space. It does not include Club 47 lighting, or any shuttles or ships, as I presume authors will want to set those for themselves.

Here is the link to the document. Enjoy...

Update: The above link is no longer valid, as I have updated the document. See the new link downthread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Not to be mean and say that your work has been for nothing... but some of your work has been for nothing... :(

The Room Platform of the Map is Highly Screwed up... yup I borke it and told Taco and he said he is working on it. The 0Y Value is relativly Random, it doesn't follow the variations in the floor like it is supposed to. To explain my point here a a bunch of Screenshots. All of these were Taken with the Same Settings... 0Y Value compared to Room Platform. If they were working correctly this would place th Console in the Picture, directly on the Floor.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/su6dbrvsd4p3ps0/AADey9h20BSkPnuV1HeTVsVha?dl=0

Taco is Working on it, and when it gets fixed many of your numbers will be off. X&Z will be fine, but you'll have to Adjust the Y.

Also, We have some special items. There are a few "Invisible Wall" Assets. One in particular contains ALL the Invisible Walls used in the Social Map. Taco thought with our Budgets in Mind. This allows us to use one asset instead of about 50 Invisible Walls to Cover Everything. He also made a few more, that are broken up for the Specific Regions. Ops, Shuttlebay, Shipyard/Concourse, Club 47, and so forth. THANK YOU TACO

Also, why are you adding Water Planes? They are Baked in with he Waterfalls. :)

Really I will be using your Numbers for the Turbolift Doors and the Changing Room Doors. I also have some numbers for you for the Animated Items.

According to Taco to Place the Yellowstones and Moving Ships. Y value should be 0, (Actually between (-50 and -125) Depending on the Asset, and 5000 Feet to the Left. so for us in Meters that -1524.

x -1524, Y 0 Z, 0

You will have to Adjust the Y values on a Per Item Basis, Our "Zero Altitude" is Different from his.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Now that I read that... I kinda sound like a ****.

Sorry Pax Buddy. :(
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    The Room Platform of the Map is Highly Screwed up... yup I borke it and told Taco and he said he is working on it. The 0Y Value is relativly Random, it doesn't follow the variations in the floor like it is supposed to. To explain my point here a a bunch of Screenshots. All of these were Taken with the Same Settings... 0Y Value compared to Room Platform. If they were working correctly this would place th Console in the Picture, directly on the Floor.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/su6dbrvsd4p3ps0/AADey9h20BSkPnuV1HeTVsVha?dl=0

Taco is Working on it, and when it gets fixed many of your numbers will be off. X&Z will be fine, but you'll have to Adjust the Y.

Well then, that'll at least give me an excuse to redo the Y numbers as relative to zero, once the map is fixed.
    Also, We have some special items. There are a few "Invisible Wall" Assets. One in particular contains ALL the Invisible Walls used in the Social Map. Taco thought with our Budgets in Mind. This allows us to use one asset instead of about 50 Invisible Walls to Cover Everything. He also made a few more, that are broken up for the Specific Regions. Ops, Shuttlebay, Shipyard/Concourse, Club 47, and so forth. THANK YOU TACO

What are the coordinates to place these so that they line up with the map's physical geometry? When I try to drag & drop these assets onto the map they don't show any geometry, and these are the kind of assets that would have to be placed very precisely in order to not TRIBBLE up the entire map. Until that is known, I will continue to use the regular invisi-walls that I added.
    Also, why are you adding Water Planes? They are Baked in with he Waterfalls. :)

Actually they're not. What's baked in is just a generic surface effect. The pools do look different when you actually add the ESD water volumes. They also cause your toon to drip water on the floor after jumping out of the pools (which doesn't happen when you use the map as is).
    Really I will be using your Numbers for the Turbolift Doors and the Changing Room Doors. I also have some numbers for you for the Animated Items.

According to Taco to Place the Yellowstones and Moving Ships. Y value should be 0, (Actually between (-50 and -125) Depending on the Asset, and 5000 Feet to the Left. so for us in Meters that -1524.

x -1524, Y 0 Z, 0

You will have to Adjust the Y values on a Per Item Basis, Our "Zero Altitude" is Different from his.

As I said in the OP, I left the ships off the list on purpose - not everyone will be using the same ships in the same place for their missions. (I know I won't need the animated ships for my purposes, for example.)
    edited May 2015
    I have updated the asset list! I've decided to include the shuttle and cargo assets after all, including the animated ones. More importantly, now all Y-coordinates are relative to zero altitude.

Here's the new link: ESD asset placement
  • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tried your numbers, works pretty fiine pax, thanx! It will be so useful when it wll be possible to actually publish a mission with Taco's ESD interior ... there's an issue with the cargo deck though, I noticed that the farer you get from concourse balcony, the more essential it comes, like no ceiling on the ESD inner view or the fake perspective backdrop at the end. Wouldn't be nice to add an invisible wall to prevent walking into those undefined zones ?
    edited May 2015
    Tried your numbers, works pretty fiine pax, thanx! It will be so useful when it wll be possible to actually publish a mission with Taco's ESD interior ... there's an issue with the cargo deck though, I noticed that the farer you get from concourse balcony, the more essential it comes, like no ceiling on the ESD inner view or the fake perspective backdrop at the end. Wouldn't be nice to add an invisible wall to prevent walking into those undefined zones ?

The assets I included in the list are just the bare-bones stuff. You're right that the south end of the shuttlebay is pretty sparse, but there also seems to be a lot of space beyond the south-end door for people to build a custom "extension" (more corridors, rooms, etc.). The skycastle potential on a map with this much vast empty space is mind-boggling. :)
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What I was looking for here were the Club 47 lights, both the column outside and the dancefloor.
    edited May 2015
    What I was looking for here were the Club 47 lights, both the column outside and the dancefloor.

I may still add these, once I figure out their coordinates.
    edited May 2015
    I have added the Club 47 dance floor lights to the spreadsheet.

I've also added the pillar lights that go in the fountain, but I'm not sure if they'll work. When I put them in the middle of the fountain they are invisible, but when I add Interact objectives to them and go into preview mode, there is a waypoint at the spot where I put them, and their interact buttons do appear when my test toon gets near them.

Here is the updated link to the file.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for doing this. I was dreading figuring all this stuff out myself.