test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No I.R.W. prefix for t6 D'Deridex

velzandarvelzandar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Not quite sure what the best forum for this is, so I'm putting it here.

Like the title says, the T6 Fleet D'Deridex/D'khellra warbird doesn't have the option of setting the "I.R.W" prefix. Not sure if this is intentional, but I imagine its an oversight. Doesn't seem logical that it would have U.S.S. and not I.R.W.

I'd appreciate it if it could be added!

This isn't just me right, everyone's having this issue?
Post edited by velzandar on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm pretty sure the T6 D'deridex is like the Ha'apax in that its was built solely by the republic and therefore is only allowed to use the R.R.W. prefix.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • velzandarvelzandar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just checked my Ha'apax, thinking the same thing, and it can use the I.R.W. Prefix, so that argument doesn't seem to hold.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westx211 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the T6 D'deridex is like the Ha'apax in that its was built solely by the republic and therefore is only allowed to use the R.R.W. prefix.
    velzandar wrote: »
    I just checked my Ha'apax, thinking the same thing, and it can use the I.R.W. Prefix, so that argument doesn't seem to hold.
    I'm pretty sure the T6 D'deridex... was built solely by the Republic and therefore is only allowed to use the R.R.W. prefix.

Better?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westx211 wrote: »

You're thinking of the Ar'kif. The Ha'apax/Haakona was built by the Romulans from the stolen Prometheus tech. The Ar'kif can't use the I.R.W. prefix.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,213 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    You're thinking of the Ar'kif. The Ha'apax/Haakona was built by the Romulans from the stolen Prometheus tech. The Ar'kif can't use the I.R.W. prefix.

Thanks for clarifying.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    velzandar wrote: »
    Not quite sure what the best forum for this is, so I'm putting it here.

Like the title says, the T6 Fleet D'Deridex/D'khellra warbird doesn't have the option of setting the "I.R.W" prefix. Not sure if this is intentional, but I imagine its an oversight. Doesn't seem logical that it would have U.S.S. and not I.R.W.

I'd appreciate it if it could be added!

This isn't just me right, everyone's having this issue?

I am also having this issue. I am not having this issue because this ship was only built by the "Republic". The ship was programmed by Cryptic, who stays in business because I dropped like $50 for this ship, a fleet module and some similarly related items. I don't care what the Republic is building. If I'm spending money on something, I choose how I interact with it.

If there is going to be a D'Deridex skin on a new T6 Fleet ship and it won't have the IRW prefix customization, then it needs to read that way in the description. I've consistently spent money on STO when I thought the items would be a value to me. Once these items are no longer a value to me and I cannot seek remuneration, then I have to consider ending my financial support for STO.

I wouldn't complain but in this age $50 is a tank full of gas. I would be willing to accept the trade off if it is worth it. There isn't enough bad-TRIBBLE in the STO universe that you could pack into one warbird that would make me pay to fly around with an RRW prefix. I simply don't support the idea of the Republic. It's a neat story. I think Cryptic did a pretty good job considering that Star Trek is held hostage under an IP with CBS and the mindless JJ writing team.

All of the above well considered we should have to option of flying a ship that shows an identity we want to associate with or we should know the limitations ahead of purchase so we can simply choose not to spend money so we don't have to ***** about it later.
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Although I would appreciate an I.R.W. prefix myself, I can see why they aren't here.

All T6 Romulan ships are built by the Republic, for the Republic. They only come in Republic versions, so only Republic (R.R.W.) prefixes.
    edited April 2015
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Although I would appreciate an I.R.W. prefix myself, I can see why they aren't here.

All T6 Romulan ships are built by the Republic, for the Republic. They only come in Republic versions, so only Republic (R.R.W.) prefixes.

I could see the reasoning from a storyline perspective. I don't see the purpose from a customer service perspective. It's logical to assume there is a fan base here that RPs or at least runs with other players in a manner that chooses to ignore the Repiblic and the unfortunate reason for its existence.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can you choose NO prefix and include I.R.W. as part of the name?

I think the Breen ships? (one of the event ones) let you decide whether or not to include a prefix.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I could see the reasoning from a storyline perspective. I don't see the purpose from a customer service perspective. It's logical to assume there is a fan base here that RPs or at least runs with other players in a manner that chooses to ignore the Repiblic and the unfortunate reason for its existence.

Oh please... lets be honest here most people buying the T6 ships couldn't care less about whether there was a RRW or an IRW prefix. They just want the OP ship.

And for the very miniscule minority that do care... most will simply buy it anyway and simply ignore it when they RP and suspend disbelief.

And for the few that simply won't buy the ship because it doesn't have the IRW prefix I honestly think it's such a small number of people that it doesn't effect them at all.

They may get around to it eventually since it's a fairly easy fix... but I'm pretty sure it's not a priority.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How come there's no ISS prefix for the T6 Galaxy?

I don't care if it was built by the Federation, I spent money on it, and if I want to RP that it's a member of the Terran Empire, I should be able to give it an ISS prefix.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I simply don't support the idea of the Republic. It's a neat story. I think Cryptic did a pretty good job considering that Star Trek is held hostage under an IP with CBS and the mindless JJ writing team.

All Romulan PCs are part of the Republic, you shouldn't play Romulan if you feel this way.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    All Romulan PCs are part of the Republic, you shouldn't play Romulan if you feel this way.
    "We'll introduce a Romulan faction, but you can't actually play as the faction you enjoyed watching in the show..."
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "We'll introduce a Romulan faction, but you can't actually play as the faction you enjoyed watching in the show..."

Ahh, the truth...
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited May 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    How come there's no ISS prefix for the T6 Galaxy?

I don't care if it was built by the Federation, I spent money on it, and if I want to RP that it's a member of the Terran Empire, I should be able to give it an ISS prefix.

You're absolutely correct! I also support this because we see tons of Galaxy class vessels in game from the mirror universe. Just as the D'Deridex warbirds is not a "Republic" design it should have the IRW prefix, because I paid for that, imperial-designed vessel with the expectation that it would have the correct prefix label. That fugly T6 republic fleet heavy warbirds can keep the RRW prefix restriction. Let someone else argue for an exception to that if they so wish. I would also point out that if USS is a prefix registry option for a Romulan ship, then any prefix from anywhere should at that point, be allowed. This isn't a purity issue if you can have something as Rediculous as a Romulan warbird flying around called the USS "so and so".
    edited May 2015
    thegcbacon wrote: »

I'm at end game and I don't have to deal primarily with the Republic command but with my fleet, which is largely imperial in its sympathy. I've made no complaints about the Republic, it's TRIBBLE backwards home world or the schizophrenic, bi-polar nature of a government that would split its people into a divide so that they can ally with two other faction who are at war with one another. Second- the faction, and the republic it calls itself, is a objective delivery and reward system. Every bit as much as playing in a warbird as an "Imperial Romulan" and every bit as fictional as the whole IP. the difference is that the objective delivery mechanism is game wide and I have to interact with it initially.

My ship- one of many. Hundreds of dollars in total. Hundreds of dollars in bridge packs, fleet modules, and dilithium for equipment- all totaling upward beyond the $2,000 range - are not game wide. The server will some day go dark and not one red cent of my investment here will show a return. It will be all about making profits to pay incomes, all for me to rent some fun, that will one day come to an end. I am totally okay with this knowledge. But while the server is up, while I'm paying $30-$50 or more to rent the privilege of flying a ship of my choice, I should be able to put the prefix that it appeared with in canon.

Love the Republic and support the idea of it. Thats fine. It's the primary Romulan mechanic of the game you're getting the cake and eating it too. Disagree with my opinion that the Republic isn't a particularly interesting faction, fine. Disagree with my opinion that STO or any interactive Star Trek game, not specifically set in the Abrams universe, should be completely Abrams agnostic so that fans can avoid this whole mess, fine.

But don't for one moment get on here and tell someone that if they don't agree with you or the outcome that we've been shoe horned into, that they shouldn't expect to be able to salvage something of this faction for themselves. I mean, who do you think you are?

I have never told anyone on this forum that they should flame riot the republic and refuse to play unless cryptic puts the empire in its place. Was it me who released Romulan ships with IRW prefixes, setting a precedent and the expectation in the first place?

I think lastly, that you can pull up your big brass ones and tell me how to play, when you refund what I've put in this game. I have played and supported this game from launch in the hopes of having THE Romulan faction come to the game. Long since cryptic releases some other Romulan faction, I've still stayed and supported this game with real money.

A better description ought to be made for classic skins on newer tiered vessels. It's a small few lines of text to prevent a flame war. As a customer it's not unreasonable to expect as cryptic won't take their ship back, I won't get get $30 bucks or zen back and I've spent almost three weeks logged off deciding whether I should waste the money on principle or play with the ship and complain to everyone who will listen. It's unnecessary either way and frankly I think descriptions for C-Store ships should have a better description or a table that tells what skins/customizations, etc. will be available before the purchase. After all, my money isn't nearly as imaginary as this ship is.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The T6 D'Deridex not having the IRW prefix is what has prevented me from buying it. I recognize I'm not most players, so I'm not going to demand they include it. But the fact of the matter is that is entirely why I didn't. It would have been my very first T6 ship purchase.

I understand the new fancy version of the ship is 100% built by the Romulan Republic, but since it can use the D'Deridex skin and D'Dridthau skins, it could conceivably be given the IRW prefix as well -- at least in my opinion. Since I would just be using the D'Deridex skin, not the upgraded designs.

The Ha'apax and the two ships designed alongside it were Imperial designs, not Republic designs. Says so in the C-store.

Also, considering the flagship of the Romulan Flotilla is a Ha'apax and it exists well before the foundation of the Romulan Republic (it's there before you even discover Mol'Rihan), then I think it's safe to say the Republic didn't build that line of ships.

But yeah, no IRW prefix? No sale. At least for this player. I'm just peachy with my T5-U Fleet D'Deridex.
    Ahh, the truth...

Also this. I can try to emulate the Romulans of the show as much as I possibly can, but in the end it only stretches as far as Cryptic is willing to accomodate me. If they can't throw me a bone, I'll work with what they can give me.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited May 2015
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    Oh please... lets be honest here most people buying the T6 ships couldn't care less about whether there was a RRW or an IRW prefix. They just want the OP ship.

And for the very miniscule minority that do care... most will simply buy it anyway and simply ignore it when they RP and suspend disbelief.

And for the few that simply won't buy the ship because it doesn't have the IRW prefix I honestly think it's such a small number of people that it doesn't effect them at all.

They may get around to it eventually since it's a fairly easy fix... but I'm pretty sure it's not a priority.

Yes, let us be honest. I'm not everyone else and I am a paying customer here. Group "everyone else" into a collective group and let them play as they seem fit and group the nut jobs like me together and let us play how we want to. Or give some notice that custome prefix options won't be available for classic skins anymore. Just 75-100 characters of text in the description of the ship would have made this moot. All it would have cost Cryptic is my $30 on this one ship. Maybe times the one or three other people who are picky the same way. Now it's cost $30 from me from this one ship and my goodwill to spend money on other items. It's been well over three weeks and a new expansion has launched. I still can't bring myself to play in the game yet.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    I am certainly one of those players that wants the I.R.W. prefix for this ship. I just bought the Fleet T6 version, in hopes that it had it... but, alas, it's just like it's C-Store brother.

This line about the D'Khellra being "built by the Republic, so it shouldn't have the prefix" is garbage. Sorry, but the same kind of lore is written about the Intel ships, and I can put the prefix on them. It's an oversight, plain and simple... just like how the T6 Klink ships don't use the Klink computer voice.

Question, though... has anyone posted a bug report about this?
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited May 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    Question, though... has anyone posted a bug report about this?

That is an excellent question. I don't know the answer to it. I honestly didn't even think to report it as a bug. I may just do that and see what becomes of it. Surely it can't take that much effort to fix.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    That is an excellent question. I don't know the answer to it. I honestly didn't even think to report it as a bug. I may just do that and see what becomes of it. Surely it can't take that much effort to fix.

I'll add my name to it, if you do. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    edited May 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I'll add my name to it, if you do. :)

That sub-thread can be found here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1455271
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm pretty sure I was able to give the Kobali and Breen ships the I.R.W so this sounds like an oversight. You might post in bug reports.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm pretty sure I was able to give the Kobali and Breen ships the I.R.W so this sounds like an oversight. You might post in bug reports.

The Real oddity i found.... My Qib Intel Battlecruiser, a KDF ship, Received an R.R.W. Prefix when unboxing it. yes, a Klingon Ship apparently is owned by the Rom Republic and my KDF char is just renting it.
  • wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since I am flying around in the Delta Quadrant, representing Earth (even when I am Klingon-aligned), I honestly don't care if it has IRW or RRW prefix. These aliens there throw me into the same boat with Humans, Vulcans and Klingons.
    The Romulans do not represent their own power, military or culture in the Delta Quadrant, but obey to the laws and directives of the Federation.

Sure, IRW would be nice, but I can live without it. However, I understand people who don't buy the ship because it has no IRW prefix. I am so picky sometimes too ^^

Though what I actually would like to know is, if the T6 D'Deridex is actually worth the money, or is a T5 / T5-U ship enough ?
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to see them prefixes gone, really.
    Or at least, not mentioned for delete.
    Quite bloody annoying.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In the spirit of this post, I want an IRW for my Ambassador because the Enterprise-C was captured by the Romulans. I want an HMS for a B'rel as well in spirit of the HMS Bounty. I spent a buttloads, not a cheek load, but a full buttload of money on the game.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am also having this issue. I am not having this issue because this ship was only built by the "Republic". The ship was programmed by Cryptic, who stays in business because I dropped like $50 for this ship, a fleet module and some similarly related items. I don't care what the Republic is building. If I'm spending money on something, I choose how I interact with it.

I used that exact same reasoning once and then tried to run my character through the window of the Qonos Spacedock. I figured, "I paid 30 bucks for my Guramba, so I decide I can run out into space and swim my way towards it." Chastened by the window, I then switched over to my Starfleet toon and bought some fleet ship modules. I had decided the best way to interact with them was to buy a Fleet Miranda, a ship I've always wanted to exist.

On that day I learned that I'm not paying Cryptic for unlimited customization, I am paying Cryptic for toys to use in an MMO-RPG and that, ultimately, they decide how the ways that I can interact with those toys.

I do support your request for a refund and the removal of that ship from your account.

Edit, and I guess since it can use the D'Deridex skin, prefixes are meaningless and I like to pretend like my T6 ship is the exact same as the T5 ship I was using earlier, because my captain loves his ship and he'd never trade her away for something shinier or newer, I suppose I also support IRW being an available prefix for the Iconic D'Deridex.
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tenkari wrote: »
    The Real oddity i found.... My Qib Intel Battlecruiser, a KDF ship, Received an R.R.W. Prefix when unboxing it. yes, a Klingon Ship apparently is owned by the Rom Republic and my KDF char is just renting it.

So I guess that means intel is like science, something the Klingons have to hire out to get access too.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Slightly off topic. I can use the Mirror universe skins on my T-5U ships. But, I can't use the I.S.S. prefix. Really annoying.