test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Testing the Tac Pilot Rom Warbird out in ISA

spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
https://youtu.be/SGbs2azyNSE

Tested using all 3 consoles.

The Spatial Sinkhole Generator from the Science Variant is the most handy out of the bunch, very nice crowd control for groups of spheres, as seen in the video.

The Subspace Eddy from the Engineering Variant is quite nice as well, if you can swing around a large target or a group of targets, it can do a nice bit.

The Microprojectile Barrage Launcher from the Tactical Variant is quite underwhelming, but is worth slotting if you use any Torps or Mines. The +25% is a Cat 1 buff, so same as the Adapted Maco 2pc.

The 2pc is nice if you're loading up on Pilot abilities, not worth slotting for the CrtD or Acc buffs as they are not that huge.

The 3pc enhances the consoles quite a bit, makes them a bit more viable, but I'm not certain I'd slot all 3 in most runs.
ffluoti63bi9.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cool man thx for the vid there. :)

I also eye on the new ships but think I’ll only go with the sci version. I simply love the playstyle it provides.

Meh, hope I don’t end up buying it twice for my fed as well as Romulan toons. :mad:
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Some of those maneuvres are amazing! You literally fly in a square!
    animated.gif
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was thinking hmm perhaps I will log in and check out these new ships.

Your video convinced me to not waste my time.

Not that there is anything wrong with the video or your gameplay... its just the game. I mean seriously look at all that LAaaaaggggG.

Cryptic really needs to buy a proper server... or pay there connection bills.

Thanks for reminding me, just watching someone else play with that level of rubber banding annoyed me.

Well for the record... unloading all your buffs on something that will take no dmg to pad your parser is pretty damn funny.
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    bobs1111 wrote: »

Well for the record... unloading all your buffs on something that will take no dmg to pad your parser is pretty damn funny.

Well there's someone who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Thanks for dropping by.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was about to buy one...

... but then your video reminded why I can not, in good faith, continue to support Cryptic when they have yet to fix crippling issues like the lag.

That being said... do you think the Microbarrage console is worth it for a Torp boat? I want to make a 3 Torp + 2 DHC ship out of one of these Pilots, but I can't decide if the Sci or Tac variant would be better suited for that.
  • spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 241 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    That being said... do you think the Microbarrage console is worth it for a Torp boat? I want to make a 3 Torp + 2 DHC ship out of one of these Pilots, but I can't decide if the Sci or Tac variant would be better suited for that.

If running torps, it's a nice buff. Is cat 1, so should a be 3-3.5% Dmg buff.

Sci variant has a nice trait, 15 Armor Pen if your impulse speed is at or above 75, quite handy if you're moving fast.

Tac variant trait is meh. Has the best Boff layout for me, but I see most going with the Sci.

Eng variant trait is not that handy, but the Eng variant will be the best for PvP with the lt. cmdr. Eng slot. Dual A2D and EPtE3 tis fun on it.
    ffluoti63bi9.png
  • bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    Well there's someone who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Thanks for dropping by.

Right cause blowing 20s of a 30s alpha on a generator taking zero dmg is doing something other then padding a parse. lol

In fairness they may have been so lagged they didn't even notice. lmao
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    I was about to buy one...

... but then your video reminded why I can not, in good faith, continue to support Cryptic when they have yet to fix crippling issues like the lag.
    Lol yeah :) Pretty much the same for me.

I'm genuinely interested by those ship, a lot, but quite frankly it's difficult to distinguish if what you do is a pilot ability or lag. No offense to you, obviously that's not your fault.

Anyway thanks for the video :) And for having to endure such lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First, thank you for the video.

There aren't many Vids out yet for Pilot Ships, so this was nice to see. The ship is impressive, it's great how swiftly it moves. That thing can mount any weapon type and have no problem getting into position.. very nice.

I do believe that they will eventually isolate the code causing the Lag and get it resolved. Once they do, these ships will be highly effective and well worth the purchase. Right now.. not so much.

Just to point out though.. that Lag was without a single Command Ship in the group. Yes, there could have been ships using Traits from Command Ships, but it's clearly not the inspiration mechanic causing the Lag since no one even had it.

Again, thank you for the video, I think they did a pretty good job on Pilot Ships. Overall, it's not my personal style, but they're really nice ships. They provide something different for people to try which is something we haven't seen in a while.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2015