test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Tier 6 vs Tier 6?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
Is there really a big difference between the Fleet Tier 6 and the Tier 6? I already spend the money on the tier 6 just don't know if it's worth it to spend more money for a minor upgrade in ships.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you have an extra console that you'd really like to add, as in 500 zen worth of like? There's your answer.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    extra console slot, extra hull, extra shield mod. look at the guardian as an example:

t6, 53000 hull, 1.0 shield mod, 10 consoles
    fleet t6, 58300 hull, 1.1 shield mod, 11 consoles

so if that's worth 5 bucks more is up to you.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Keep in mind, the C-Store Command FDC's are already Fleet level also.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    500 Zen gets you:

+10% Shields
    +10% Hull
    +1 console slot.

What a Fleet ship does not get you:
    Starship Trait. You need to buy the "normal" version of the ship in order to get the Trait (Mastery is included, though). Keep in mind that some ships (Like the CBCs and Lockbox ships) already come at Fleet level.
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    500 Zen gets you:

+10% Shields
    +10% Hull
    +1 console slot.

What a Fleet ship does not get you:
    Starship Trait. You need to buy the "normal" version of the ship in order to get the Trait (Mastery is included, though). Keep in mind that some ships (Like the CBCs and Lockbox ships) already come at Fleet level.
    the op already said he owns the t6. he's just trying to decide if he wants to upgrade to the fleet version.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stf65 wrote: »
    the op already said he owns the t6. he's just trying to decide if he wants to upgrade to the fleet version.

I know, I'm just throwing that out there for anyone that reads/searches for the thread with a similar question.
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Keep in mind, the C-Store Command FDC's are already Fleet level also.

I bought the Andromeda class from C-Store. Judging from the other responses, the differences in stats is just too minor to justify the cost.

On that note, are there any other ship/gear that might be worth the cost? Should I hold out for a future "tier 7"?
    edited May 2015
    it took them 5 years to come out with t6. i don't think you['re going to see a 7 for years, especially since they're just starting to release the fleet t6s. there's like a 100 fleet ships they can sell before needing to worry about 7s.

as far as the cost to upgrade to fleet t6, 5 bucks is about 2 weeks of grinding dilithium. not exactly a big deal.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    I bought the Andromeda class from C-Store. Judging from the other responses, the differences in stats is just too minor to justify the cost.

On that note, are there any other ship/gear that might be worth the cost? Should I hold out for a future "tier 7"?

Run the tour the universe quest for the rest of the week on one, (and/or alts) and buy it off the exchange. Decide then

You can't buy the T6 ship in game without money. (ok but you own it).

You can buy the fleet version without spending any real life money. (no wonder no trait).

IMHO, if you own a T6 and can buy the fleet version for EC, why not? ANY increase is better, period. Worth real money? your choice. Dropping EC that you can earn easy, dude why make a post?
    gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited May 2015
    forgot you can buy fleet mods on the exchange. not even much of an issue at all then.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dratikus wrote: »

T6 just came out. Do not worry about T7 anytime soon. Not to mention we were on T5 ships for years.

As for gear worth the cost, judging from your registration date, I'm thinking you should have a decent assortment of gear already? If you've been playing enough during those years you should have good gear and that for now would suffice until you feel better about venturing out for experimenting with new stuff. But if you don't have much, there are some freebie gear that can be attained that are decent to good.

Jem'Hadar Space Set from the Dominion "Second Wave" story arc. Ideal for traditional Polarons and Drains.

Solanae Space Set (look in the Episode, can't remember episode name). Oriented more for Science but has a real nifty Hull Leech Proc.

Kobali Space Set. One of the later Delta Quadrant missions, used to be a recent FE. This space set on a ship like your T6 Andromeda.

Absolute Zero / Breen Space Set. Not too fond of it but it has it's following in the playerbase. Can be collected free of course from the Breen / Deferi episodes.

Do not forget to take a look at the 2 new FE's. You get some interesting free stuff from there.

If you need free weapons, you need to scour your Episodes list. There's tons of decent free weapons offered as rewards that will do the job for the time being. If anything, I'd say hold off on fancy purchases past your ship until you get a better feel of things. When you are more confident of the game and your knowledge on it, then you'd exactly know what your ship needs to get better.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I doubt they'll do a T7 at all, because I don't think they'll do a level cap raise ever again. What are we going to be after reaching Fleet Admiral and Dahar Master? President of the Federation? Chancellor of the Empire?

Aw ****, they'll do that won't they.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stofsk wrote: »
    I doubt they'll do a T7 at all, because I don't think they'll do a level cap raise ever again. What are we going to be after reaching Fleet Admiral and Dahar Master? President of the Federation? Chancellor of the Empire?

Aw ****, they'll do that won't they.

I really think specs are our new levels. No need for T7 or MKXV.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As for gear worth the cost, judging from your registration date, I'm thinking you should have a decent assortment of gear already? If you've been playing enough during those years you should have good gear and that for now would suffice until you feel better about venturing out for experimenting with new stuff. But if you don't have much, there are some freebie gear that can be attained that are decent to good.

Don't let that date fool you. I bought the game during the pre-order and played through head start. I think I played for almost a year, then sometime last year I played again and got my character up to level 50. A few weeks ago I hear about the Delta Recruit and in that time I leveled up 2 delta recruits to 50, and my main to 55.

So, the date isn't an indication of gear or knowledge, at least in my case. :o