test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Herald Sphere Bug Thread

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Having issues with The Herald Sphere?

You've come to the right place to post! This is the official post for posting any issues in regards to the The Herald Sphere Queue.

In order to help our teams find and resolve issues faster with the queue, this thread is made for reporting any issues with the new queue. When posting about any issues you may be having, try to follow this format where applicable in order to keep information organized and readily available for the developers.

=/\=

What faction were you playing as? Were you playing as Federation, KDF, or Romulan (if so, how aligned).

What happened with the issue? Did you find yourself stuck at a certain point in the queue, or was something missing that should have been there? Let us know about the issue you were facing.

At what point did the issue occur At what point in the queue did you encounter the issue? Are there any ways you could potentially reproduce this issue?

Were you able to resolve the issue? Were there any specific ways that you found you were able to resolve or bypass the issue in any temporary work-around?

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    The interact distance for the prompt to enter gateways is waaaaaay too small. It doesn't show up for me unless I'm exactly dead center in the middle of the gateway, which often means that I (and everybody else) lags way behind whenever the mission prompts you to go through a gateway.
  • wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After leaving the Sphere to fight 3 waves in space while a timer runs, the third wave didn't show up. We waited around 2 minutes (then the timer ran out) and had to return to the sphere to fight the big dreadnought.
  • quantummeerkatquantummeerkat Member Posts: 39 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback, we will take a look at these ASAP.

Small request: Can you post what version of the queue you were running (normal, Advanced, Elite)? Some of the mission objectives are slightly different between versions, and it can help us track down bugs if we know what version you are running.

Thanks,
    Jaddua Ross
    Content Designer
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Joined the queue,sat and watched the load screen with the red server not responding for 6 minutes.when I finely fully loaded the rest of the team had completed 3 stages already.I almost didn't get to play any of it,was there for like 1 minute of actual play time.
  • quantummeerkatquantummeerkat Member Posts: 39 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    gholendhor wrote: »
    Joined the queue,sat and watched the load screen with the red server not responding for 6 minutes.when I finely fully loaded the rest of the team had completed 3 stages already.I almost didn't get to play any of it,was there for like 1 minute of actual play time.

Sorry that happened to you. I know we have some fixes incoming for queues, hopefully that will address problems like these and the lag that has been reported.

Thanks,
    Jaddua Ross
    Content Designer
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The mission briefing at the beginning, the timer runs out before the character finishes reading his lines.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    The Herald Sphere (Advanced): Stage Two (Defeat Herald Forces inside allied space) always fails despite ships being destroyed. I suppose this is because there is no gateway to funnel in Dreadnoughts - the bonus objective. The Klingon yells "fall back, the heralds have won this battle" and the timer just ticks down, failing the mission.
  • jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Herald Sphere (Advanced): Stage Two (Defeat Herald Forces inside allied space) always fails despite ships being destroyed. I suppose this is because there is no gateway to funnel in Dreadnoughts - the bonus objective. The Klingon yells "fall back, the heralds have won this battle" and the timer just ticks down, failing the mission.

Just had exactly this!
    animated.gif
  • racheakt71racheakt71 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Needs safe spawn points, I know I am not uber equiped but the Iconian fleet is a a spawn camper, either insta killing me or getting me 1/2 hull before i could cloak and run away. This is in any phase, most of the people i went with quit out of frustration.

I agree with the gate interaction distance, way too short.

I was playing a Rom-fed/t5u Mogi/Tactical.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ran on Advanced. Phase two was inside the sphere, stopping ships from escaping. I think we let 6 or 7 through, but not the 15 it would take to fail the optional. So we passed that section, then it had us go through a gateway to a map that had two gateways, with the objective of destroying Herald ships. Two waves of enemies spawned and we quickly dispatched them, but no more enemies appeared after that, with 5+ minutes left on the clock. The timer ran out and the mission failed. No dreadnoughts or command ships appeared, the biggest enemy we saw were battleships.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought Guroth really needed to be toned down a bit. I thought Kim constantly... encouraging us to "stop the Vaaduar" doing whatever was bad but with these new queues I just threw my hands in the air and pulled out my headphones.

This was on normal, but I expect it's the same for all difficulties.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • ageroth1ageroth1 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just had a normal run in my rommy toon with one person missing. Upon entering the final battle arena, we found ourselves being overwhelmed by Iconian probes that were disabling us every five seconds without relief, and most of the time, weapons, engines and aux were all going down at once. These disable abilities should be nerfed so that they cannot reoccur more than once every 30 seconds or so, otherwise players may not even get a chance to get close to the gate, never mind actually shutting it down, especially if the combat zone moves to the respawn zone. We were getting shut down so quickly we couldn't even take out the probes. I can see this being a challenge for elite level, but not on normal. Please don't wait for a thousand complaints about this before it gets fixed.
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ageroth1 wrote: »
    I just had a normal run in my rommy toon with one person missing. Upon entering the final battle arena, we found ourselves being overwhelmed by Iconian probes that were disabling us every five seconds without relief, and most of the time, weapons, engines and aux were all going down at once. These disable abilities should be nerfed so that they cannot reoccur more than once every 30 seconds or so, otherwise players may not even get a chance to get close to the gate, never mind actually shutting it down, especially if the combat zone moves to the respawn zone. We were getting shut down so quickly we couldn't even take out the probes. I can see this being a challenge for elite level, but not on normal. Please don't wait for a thousand complaints about this before it gets fixed.

Probes, solar gateways and ionic turbulence need to be toned down, I think. One at a time is bad enough, but all three together and you find yourself dying WAY too often ...
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just failed an Advanced mission. We defeated the ships moving from gate to gate in our space, 2-3 waves, then nothing appeared, the counter counted down from 50 secs or 1 min and when it hit zero we failed.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We were shooting in 3rd stage the Herald ships, getting them all. About 2 minutes left on the clock and we got a failure when a group of Herald ships spawned.

Same thing happened yesterday, so the bug fix didn't take?
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just failed an Advanced mission. We defeated the ships moving from gate to gate in our space, 2-3 waves, then nothing appeared, the counter counted down from 50 secs or 1 min and when it hit zero we failed.

This just happened again. We defeated two waves, a minute countdown starts with no enemies appearing for 60 secs and we fail.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Advanced ques a bit buggy at times with stuff not spawning and causing fails. All the ques are a bit overwhelming especially if your spike DPS is higher then anyone elses. You will end up getting targeted by probes that leave you unable to fire, move, or defend yourself. This ends up leaving you with more downtime and getting severly penalized for Mark rewards even if you complete the mission. I would say a immune period after being disabled but that would still leave the problem unfixed. These probes should target anyone at any time, not just the person with the highest DPS. Nor should the probes be able to shut down more then 1 system in Normal Mode, 2 in Advanced Mode, and 3 in Elite Mode. Hope this Helps and Thanks.
    Lvl 60 Tactical Romulan Fed aligned
    Yes I could duplicate this several times.
    Yes I could solve this by not using so many tactical abilities at a time but then risk the chance of not meeting the optional timers.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is the Advanced que working yet? Did they correct the timer issue or is it still unwinnable?
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Had a run with a DPS group that was quickly clearing through content and a perfect run.

Got to Iadon Dreadnought and someone on the team used Death From Above (they said they did), not sure if this is what did it, but it the Iadon Dreadnought then bounced out the portal ring to the outer fight spaces, and was destroyed within 10 seconds of us firing on it.

I'm curious on the rewards though. It was one of the smoothest runs I've been on, with Iconian ships being destroyed quickly in every phase, but this was the result:

Mission Report:

Base Marks 10 marks

Science Vessels Rescued: Bonus 4 marks

Ships Destroyed Bonus: 5 marks

Command Ships Destroyed Bonus: 0 marks

Boss Timer Bonus: 3 marks

Total Marks 22 marks

What part are the Command Ships in?

This was one of the fastest clears I've been on, but the reward was really low.

Given how fast the boss went down, the 3 mark reward (even if accidentally exploited by the team) seems really low
  • saifaldinsaifaldin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't really know that it's a bug but...
    Solar Gateways are waaaaaaaaay too OP. When you enter the sphere you are set upon by
    at least one if not more of these Solar Gateways. It happens regularly if you happen to die
    from any assault, once you re-spawn. I've been in enough of these STF's to know I will
    NEVER enter another till these Solar Gateways are fixed or we have some kind of protection
    from their effects.
    I've seen an entire 5 man team killed by 3 of these SG's and been in 2 where all team members
    have quit except for myself (quit eventually).

Please consider cutting their power in half to make them more survivable.
  • shipwreck52shipwreck52 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Playing federation on a jem'hadar Dreadnought Carrier and once I go to the sphere the ship dissapeares from the screen. I cannot leave the match as I will get banned for an hour this really sucks. This happens most times I play this. Have validated game no joy.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Faction: Both Federation and Klingon

1. The portals for transitioning into the Herald Sphere interior (phase 1 and 3) are invisible, making them hard to locate visually (have to rely on minimap).
    2. In phase 3, the waves of iconians start spawning normally, but the Command vessels sometimes take a long while before they start appearing - it is not uncommon for the first one to appear with less than 30 seconds left on the timer, rarely no Command vessels show up at all.
    3. Even if the command vessels DO show up, half the time the TFO does not register their destruction.
    4. In the final phase, the stated objective seems to be "The Dreadnought is drawing power from the gateways, we will need to shut them down before we can destroy it", but most of the time it is destroyed in seconds by just everyone targeting it and blowing it up, suggesting that this phase is not working as intended.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.