test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reminder: A New Season is Nigh! Foundry Downtime Protocol: Engage

castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
Thats right folks, its another season patch and that means the editor goes offline tuesday for a time perior yet to be determined. Lock down all your missions and get ready to ride out the republish storm...oh and to play with the new regular game stuff for a bit while we wait impatiently. Assume if everything goes well it will be around 10 days
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have exams until the 28th anyway, so shouldn't be a problem for me.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    9.5 was 3 weeks of downtime right? Unfortunately, the timetable can't go anywhere but up, cause more missions = more republishing ...

Hopefully it's only gone up a little
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The big thing to remember is if you have a mission ready to publish (or close) then wait until the editor/review system comes back online. The "new" tab is a valuable way to get your mission some attention. The clock starts ticking once you publish and lasts for like 3 weeks before it drops from the list. The last thing you want is your newly published mission to linger for weeks without the ability to get reviews.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have exams until the 28th anyway, so shouldn't be a problem for me.

no lol we will just save all the down time for when you return.... we wouldnt want u to miss the 'fun'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's all good; I can use the downtime to write and polish the dialogue for my new mission. I can do that offline and then copy/paste it back into the mission once the editor comes back.
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    castsbugc wrote: »
    Lock down all your missions and get ready to ride out the republish storm..

I'm new to the Foundry - doe this mean they unpublish everyone's foundry missions every time they do a season patch?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pretty much. The new season is going to change a lot of foundry doors too, so it might not go smoothly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just hope they fix the publishing error that some of us have been getting. As it stands, if anything that I've published previously doesn't come back, I'm not going to be able to republish them.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Alright, everyone into the cellar! Who's got the candles? I brought a pack of cards while we wait out the storm.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Alright, everyone into the cellar! Who's got the candles? I brought a pack of cards while we wait out the storm.

*take a seat at the table*

The game is poker
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015

Okay Time to put me in my Stasis Pod...

You remember the Re-activation sequence... Right? I want to know I get to come out of this...

See you on the Flipside...

*** Buzzes ***

Man its Cold.... in .... here....

*** Snores ***
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The Iconians are coming! Lock up the women and precious metals!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2015

We could also do what we did the last time I was in the middle of a hurricane while we still have power: get drunk and play DDR and a first person shooter! No need to pull a Lt. Dan though.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Taco.. No candles.. Foundry authors be writers right? And writers always have to work on plot right? So isn't plotting done best in the dark?

Federation captains *sigh* what do they do to you at that academy?
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • lblackmoorlblackmoor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015

So awesome...
    edited April 2015
    Taco.. No candles.. Foundry authors be writers right? And writers always have to work on plot right? So isn't plotting done best in the dark?

Not sure about Feds, but Romulans study Klingon anatomy. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • arincdiarincdi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh good, so this is standard protocol then, and not someone usurping my plot to try for a guaranteed Top 3 by linking to one of the new doors the second everything comes back up. ;)

I still have my mission just about all ready to go, I spent a lot of time last week writing most of it, it just needs to be linked to the new door.

Will the Foundry on Tribble be functional for practicing stuff while Holodeck's is down?

Will existing Foundry missions still be playable, or not so much since they're all being republished?
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    For anyone knew to this process, here's how it normally goes.

-Patch Day: all missions are taken down, the editor is taken offline.

-An automated republish process is begun. Missions will start to re-appear as this process heads toward completion. I don't think we've ever pinned down a pattern as to which missions appear first. Could be random. Also note that there are 88,000+ missions, so this is a lengthy process. Don't expect to see missions back this week. When your missions reappear, please test them to see if there are any issues. Reviewing is normally turned off, so you don't get one-starred for bugs that are introduced by the update.

-Once the automated republish process is completed, the editor will be turned back on. Another chance to get into your missions and see if something has changed. Please report any bugs you find.

-After enough time for checking missions, reviewing can be turned back on.

When the process goes smoothly, it takes around three weeks. Sounds like a lot, but trust me this is the best way.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its been like 2 hours and no foundry...rraaaagggeee

yup situation normal...and actually so far this has been a smooth season day, its kinda nice for a change :)
  • lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    Okay Time to put me in my Stasis Pod...

You remember the Re-activation sequence... Right? I want to know I get to come out of this...

See you on the Flipside...

*** Buzzes ***

Man its Cold.... in .... here....

*** Snores ***
    *wakes up 800 years later to see an Iconian standing over him with a neural parasite.*
    Iconian: "Hey kid, wanna buy some technology?"
  • edgarus197edgarus197 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how about playing foundry missions. I can't seem to navigate THE NEW LAYOUT. am i still able to play?
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    edgarus197 wrote: »
    how about playing foundry missions. I can't seem to navigate THE NEW LAYOUT. am i still able to play?

Once they star republishing yes, 'annoyingly' it seems to take about 72 hours after they start the republish for them to start populating the lists again. Also for note, this is the first time we will have the Top 3 system in place after a publish so I don't know how that populate, I will tell you there will be alot of empty stars initially until we get the editor back
  • stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't wait til the foundry is back online. I just got into the whole creating missions thing, and it's very addictive. Of course i discovered the foundry just a week before this update :P
  • arincdiarincdi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stokered2 wrote: »
    Can't wait til the foundry is back online. I just got into the whole creating missions thing, and it's very addictive. Of course i discovered the foundry just a week before this update :P

I'm going through withdrawal too. I've got a mission all ready to link to the Trill homeworld and I'm eager to see it go live!

Plus I do, like, one a month for my Fleet and May's is gonna be late.
  • gtlfnuakwgtlfnuakw Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is the estimate time of... arrival of the Foundry back? :)
  • stokered2stokered2 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gtlfnuakw wrote: »
    What is the estimate time of... arrival of the Foundry back? :)

Yeah i'm starting to wonder myself. I have a week off from work and had hoped to be able to put in some serious foundry time.
    edited May 2015
    usually when the auto-republish finishes. It's gone reasonably quickly so maybe this week.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing