test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Publishing to Redshirt or Tribble?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I'm not nearly ready to publish to Holodeck, but I would like to test higher level characters to see if some of my design choices work at higher levels. Before I go mucking around with the Save&Publish options, I wanted some advice first as I don't want to break anything.. Can I publish to either Tribble or Redshirt and if so, which one should I use?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No, Holodeck, Tribble and Red Shirt are entirely different copies of the game with completely different copies of the Foundry. With the exception of the character transfer tool, the different servers have no interaction.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just use the "Kill Enemy" button to grind skill points in the DSEs. You'll get your test character up to VA in no time.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just use the "Kill Enemy" button to grind skill points in the DSEs. You'll get your test character up to VA in no time.

I don't seem to be getting any xp on my test character.
    edited April 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    I don't seem to be getting any xp on my test character.

Is it a Fed or KDF character? I've noticed it does work better on Feds.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is it a Fed or KDF character? I've noticed it does work better on Feds.

Federaton.
    edited April 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    Federaton.

Weird ... try completing the DSE and see if you get the rewards.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone