test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime membership veteran rewards?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
They say you get instant acces to all veterans rewards for a lifetime membership.. Does that actually mean you get all the rewards starting from the 100 days package all the way through the 1000 days package? What's the catch? Maybe it means those ships are unlocked and available for you to *buy*? ...are they actually free free? :eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just as it says on the tin. It unlocks all the Vet rewards (once you make it to level 5) and you get all the perks. Granted you can't use some of them yet until you reach the appropriate level but the ships are free.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You get immediate access to all veteran rewards as a lifetime subscriber.

The catch is, you won't get most veteran benefits until your character is Level 5. Also some items are unlocked, but you cannot claim them until you are of the appropriate level.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, from what I have read from other posts you get instant access to veteran rewards.

The catch?

Well... the max level veteran ship you are going to get is a T5 ship. You will need an upgrade token to get it to T5u. Prior to the release of Delta Rising the LTS was a much better deal because you were getting an "end game" ship.

Having said that you will be getting a monthly 500 Zen stipend so if you were to purchase it at $300, then after 60 months (5 years) you will get back your "investment" in Zen. Buying LTS when it is on sale for $200 means you will get back your "investment" in Zen after 40 months (3 years and 4 months).
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Well... the max level veteran ship you are going to get is a T5 ship. You will need an upgrade token to get it to T5u. Prior to the release of Delta Rising the LTS was a much better deal because you were getting an "end game" ship.

This is wrong... The Veteran Reward Destroyers are T5 ships, but they receive a FREE upgrade to T5U...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The catch? 300 USD up front, unless you get lucky and have the cash on you during a surprise LTS sale.

And the aforementioned T5 ship being the last ship. No T6 ship, not even with an exclusive Mastery trait.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    be sure at some point to pick up the fleet version of the vet DD.. little bit tougher, and one more console slot.

20k fleet credits, 1 fleet ship token, a one of that what ever the last one is..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Having said that you will be getting a monthly 500 Zen stipend so if you were to purchase it at $300, then after 60 months (5 years) you will get back your "investment" in Zen. Buying LTS when it is on sale for $200 means you will get back your "investment" in Zen after 40 months (3 years and 4 months).

You get a Zen allowance?? :eek::eek::eek:
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, from what I have read from other posts you get instant access to veteran rewards.

The catch?

I believe the LTS/Vet Ship gets a free upgrade to T5U (haven't tested because even though I have the Vet Ship as a reward, I've never re-claimed or flown it since the DR expansion and T6 came out). I originally tried it for a few days back when they first released it, and then dismissed it as there were better T5 (and now T6) ships available to use.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The catch?

Well... the max level veteran ship you are going to get is a T5 ship. You will need an upgrade token to get it to T5u.

actually you wont need an upgrade token as they get a free upgrade if you are talking about the max level 1000 day veteran ships, however you also get your choice of an extra C-store T5 ship for each character and you would need to buy the tokens to upgrade them.

my only advise to the OP is wait for a sale, there will be one up very soon and if you get the usual 1/3 discount that's a massive saving.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    But we currently have the T2 Spire project slotted, it's just awaiting half a million dilithium.)

That's just ten level 30 Delta Recruits, and we're getting big XP boosts right now. Get cracking!