test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why can't I see my own signature?

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I set my signature today, but I can't see it in new posts. I can see others' signature, why can't I see mine?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you click "save" after you were done ?
    :p
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yes. ;-p

when I go to my signature settings, I see it there, but it doesn't appear in my posts.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While it may well have saved what you are working on, do you see any error messages anywhere on that page? They may not be big or obvious.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If your sig is too big or has too many lines, it will not save no matter what you see on the page. Check 'Preview Signature' to see of this is a problem.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... and you have the Show Signature box checked in settings?
    edited April 2015
    I don't see any errors, and preview looks good. Here is a screen shot of what I see. http://image.geekytechguy.org/plog-content/images/general/star-trek/sto_signature.png Maybe it is awaiting approval from sto moderators?

edit: the image is 500x125 119KB
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    I don't see any errors, and preview looks good. Here is a screen shot of what I see. http://image.geekytechguy.org/plog-content/images/general/star-trek/sto_signature.png Maybe it is awaiting approval from sto moderators?

You havn't set your signature image within the signature... You've merely uploaded it.

Set this: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIG] into the textbox above your image example, and save
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    You havn't set your signature image within the signature... You've merely uploaded it.

Set this: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIG] into the textbox above your image example, and save

No other BBS I have ever used does it that way. Thanks!!
    edited April 2015
    Ok it seems to only work on new posts rather than update old posts. Thanks everyone! Now my silly signature can be seen by all. ;-)
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lol @ signature :D
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    Ok it seems to only work on new posts rather than update old posts. Thanks everyone! Now my silly signature can be seen by all. ;-)

You cab edit old posts and click the"show sig" box on them if you want it visible, but that's generally unnecessary.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png