test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exploration Cruiser Loadouts - need advice

dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Federation Discussion
So, I seem to be leveling faster than I can equip my ships. Last night I received my Tier 4 Exploration Cruiser. I decided to go all beams, but of course I am running into low weapon energy - but enemies blow up quickly so I'm not (really) complaining. ;-)

I have a couple of BO abilities that I don't like and I don't find useful (torpedo high yield being the most obvious one. )

Here is my current loadout - please note my deflector and warp engines are standard Mk VI, but I couldn't find them in the loadouts lists.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=captainbeamboat_9893

I'm really looking for a good replacement for the High Yield, Eject Plasma, and Aux to Structural. If there is something more useful than Tractor beam I'd be interested in that as well. Thank you for any advice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    well, I have another new ship and will post a new loadout soon. I replaced the Eject Plasma with Aceton beam, but still haven't found anything to replace High Yield. I'm thinking Tactical team.

Edit:

this is my new R.A Assault Cruiser. This is a mess. Any help is appreciated. http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rearadmiralbeamboat_9893

Edit 2:

I replaced High Yield with Fire at Will, and Tractor beam with Photonic Officer.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Here is my T6 Exploration Cruiser. Once again I find myself stuck with a Torpedo BO ability and not knowing what I should replace it with. http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=t6beamboat_9893
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try this BOff layout: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dratikusrevisedboffs_5175

Use Conn Officers Duty Officers set to active (2x purple, or 2x Blue and 1x Green) to reduce the cooldown of Tactical Team. Since you're not dipping into Command Hybrid abilities I decided to set you up with two Reverse Shield Polarity, which should be fairly tanky and take advantage of the Starship Trait it has. If you like having Beam Overload, I recommend picking up two to four [over] beam arrays that randomly fire off BO on their own on the Exchange instead of using a Bridge Officer slot for it.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been messing with RSP and the T6 Galaxy's Trait. The very limited range of 3km once the AOE attack kicks off is very limiting even for the turn rates possible with a slow ship like the Galaxy. I can see this work out quite nice on the much nicer handling Negh'Var but it's a bit of work for the turn rates of the Galaxy & D'Deridex.

But that RSP Trait on an ENG heavy Science Vessel? Hmm...

Anyways, personally, I would not base a Galaxy build on RPS with the Galaxy's trait. Nothing wrong with RSP itself, it's just featuring the build around that trait is unwieldy.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been messing with RSP and the T6 Galaxy's Trait. The very limited range of 3km once the AOE attack kicks off is very limiting even for the turn rates possible with a slow ship like the Galaxy. I can see this work out quite nice on the much nicer handling Negh'Var but it's a bit of work for the turn rates of the Galaxy & D'Deridex.

But that RSP Trait on an ENG heavy Science Vessel? Hmm...

Anyways, personally, I would not base a Galaxy build on RPS with the Galaxy's trait. Nothing wrong with RSP itself, it's just featuring the build around that trait is unwieldy.

Just trying to setup something quick that's loads better, without having to acquire loads of DOffs that are going to expensive right now. Though the wad of EC you get for being a Delta Recruit might offset that some, almost all fresh-40 to 60 gear has shot up, so I'm betting DCEs are pretty expensive. RSP is very nice for Borg STFs right now with being an effective counter to the shield drains, and stuff like CC I usually get mobbed anyway and it hits a fair number of Tholians. I do think that using 2-3x blue-purple Damage Control Engineers then running EPtS1 and EPtW3 would be a better shield heal and keep weapon power up, but dual RSP with Sci Team filling in the gaps should work decently without having to plunk down more EC on DOffs.

I have been considering trying out the trait on a Sci ship loaded with Particle Gens too, it could be fun depending on how it scales on the high-end.