What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruitment - Week 2!

Comments

• Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also suspect that the meter tracks either skill or commendation points so big projects are worth more than small ones. Means spam that infiltrate the orion syndicate and both gorn uprising (suppress and support) and the big sphere recruiting and development missions since those all give well over a thousand points each.
    I'm sorry, but IMO this is the exact opposite of what you should do, no matter how they're tracking it. The only reason to fill up your queue with those 20-hour assignments for the purposes of this goal is if you can only log on once per day for a short time.

And you know what? That's totally okay if that's all a player has. Some days that's all I have too. But if you have the time to check in more than once per day, or you sit down and play for a few hours at a stretch, you should be focusing primarily on the shortest assignments.

There are several reasons for this.

1. Generally speaking, the shorter the assignment, the more efficient it is in terms of time vs. reward when compared to similar assignments with longer durations. By parking at the intersection of several sector blocks (e.g. northeast corner of Sirius) it is usually trivial to fill up your assignment slots with short assignments. Southeast of BU is good as well, especially for the Gamma-specific assns.

2. The game auto-allocates the optimal doffs for an assignment. You can change this, of course--but it usually isn't necessary. The upshot is that as you queue up assignments in a given sitting, the first ones you start will get your best doffs, while the later ones will have to make do with your "bench". By filling the shortest assignments first, you ensure that your highest-quality doffs will be available again before any of the others.

3. The "scan for R&D material" class of assignments should be any doffer's bread and butter. They are all short (3 hrs or less, most 30m-1h), appear frequently in every sector, they require usually-inexpensive doffs (look for Eidetic and Logical), and you get rare R&D mats and lots of Sci or Dev CXP on a crit, which will happen most of the time with blue and purple doffs.

TL;DR version:

If they are tracking progress per-assignment, you want to do shorter assignments so that you can do more of them in a given span of time.

If they are tracking by CXP earned, the shorter assignments are still almost always more efficient and your best doffs become available again sooner.

Either way, prioritize shortest assignments first unless you can only log on once per day for a short time.

EDIT: I've compiled the above advice and expanded on it in the following post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23283311
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Question: I purchased a tier 6 ship on my main character that I had been playing on and off for a few years. Yesterday I started a Delta Recruit. If/when my delta recruit hits 60, what do I do about a new tier 6 ship? Is there something built in that will allow me to purchase a new one using in-game funds or do I need to shell out more money? Or better yet, can I transfer my credits and bridge officers from my delta recruit over to my main and get all the benefits of a delta recruit on my main?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dratikus wrote: »
    Question: I purchased a tier 6 ship on my main character that I had been playing on and off for a few years. Yesterday I started a Delta Recruit. If/when my delta recruit hits 60, what do I do about a new tier 6 ship? Is there something built in that will allow me to purchase a new one using in-game funds or do I need to shell out more money? Or better yet, can I transfer my credits and bridge officers from my delta recruit over to my main and get all the benefits of a delta recruit on my main?
    If you purchased a C-Store ship, any of your characters can use it at the appropriate level.

Lockbox and reward ships are character-bound.
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    marinesrule1983marinesrule1983 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Question : Do you have to turn in those Missions ... or is it enough "completing" them (like the new Story-Arc-Accolades) ... if so is there a way to check on the progress ...

Umm...maybe I'm missed something in the initial opening of the delta, but I'm not seeing any increased points on any of my other account players.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ferengi War Bonds = awesome. Seriously what kind of return do those things offer?
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im not getting into the doff thing, not my scene, so just waiting for week 3 now.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    waldotrek wrote: »
    Ferengi War Bonds = awesome. Seriously what kind of return do those things offer?

It's the Ferengi...read the fine print.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Buy Feringi war bonds?"

OMG!

LMAO!

I LOVE IT! :D

Nothing says duty, honor, and dedication, like buying Feringi war bonds. I'm still laughing so hard on that one my sides hurt. I've GOT to get one of those posters! Just make sure it's fully laminated so it will last the years. (and not sold buy a Feringi so I can actually afford one).

Coming from the offspring of the WW II generation, I can have a real appreciation for that poster.
    Well done, STO! :)
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really dig the new poster. "Buy Ferengi War Bonds" LOL:D
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so, do the Tiers this week go off of mission completion or mission points/commendation gained?

For example, if I do 5 1-hour long missions that net me 500 commendation, is that better or worse than 1 5-hr mission that nets me 600 commendation?
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    spockout1 wrote: »
    Ok, so, do the Tiers this week go off of mission completion or mission points/commendation gained?

For example, if I do 5 1-hour long missions that net me 500 commendation, is that better or worse than 1 5-hr mission that nets me 600 commendation?

The wording states "completing", so I took that as meaning five one hour missions would result in five completions, which is better than one five hour mission which would result in one completion. Though confirmation from a dev would be appreciated.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    spockout1spockout1 Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The wording states "completing", so I took that as meaning five one hour missions would result in five completions, which is better than one five hour mission which would result in one completion. Though confirmation from a dev would be appreciated.

That's how I understood it as well, but I would also like clarification.
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. Except for a T5 Connie. That would be f*%#ing awesome." - Mr. Spock
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So a Tholian, a Horta and a Breen walk into Quark's.

"What's this?"

"Doff Assignment 'Crew Leave'. We're fighting the Iconians. First round on the house?"
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xablis wrote: »
    At least the left out "the brave" since we are talking about the Federation here.

Want to explain that bit? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Federation is the only faction without any ships that come with built in cloaking devices ;)
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    Want to explain that bit? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Federation is the only faction without any ships that come with built in cloaking devices ;)

I've always been for the ships having their uniqueness but over the years the issue with cloaks has gotten out of hand kind of like the voyager ablative armor. So you have a really crappy function that lasts a matter of seconds but has a 3 minute cd lol. Then you have the federation with those consoles they gotta put on for them to cloak (no battle cloak, then kdf has battle cloaks mainly just bops (although they don't benefit much out of LoR boffs that romulan republic acquired), so then you pretty much have it where romulan and reman characters if they have enough remans can keep the cloak ambush up indefinatly but there really is not much/any gain worth writing about when it comes to federation or KDF ships being able to cloak.

My suggestion has always been to make the standard of whatever it may be that ships that are meant to cloak have battle cloaks because even a standard cloak which is TRIBBLE and un-needed is counted in on the stats of a ship basically taking away statistics from an area because of something that is a function that does not make itself useful. They could then make other kinds of battle cloaks to sell or what not or ships to give them different roles but this seems like an area cryptic really doesn't want to get involved with.

"Yep also in the future we do not use currency lol" Buy ferrengi war bonds!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Incase my post never gets noticed in the bug section because I failed to give a very engaging title, I will repeat here since this post is appropriate.

I do actually like Delta Recruitment, just the below explained issue is driving me mad.

"I've noticed an issue with Delta Recruitment.

This issue is not likely to affect 99.9% of users, but is really bugging me.
    The issue is simple, Delta Recruits are single faction, which means that the 1 Delta Recruit slot we were given is simply not enough to claim all Delta Recruit rewards.

Just buy more character slots you will say, well that is where my problem comes in. I can't. Haven't been able to since I got the maximum 50 characters + 1 Foundry (Now 51 + 1 Foundry). All of these Characters are Level 50 or above and have at least 1 reputation maxed out (except the Foundry and the Delta Recruit) so I am really loathe to delete one due to all the hours I put into them.

I could delete the Delta Recruit and start again in another faction and do that process 3 times until I unlocked all account-wide rewards for a Delta Recruit, but this seems to be a very time consuming, and very counter productive, way of doing things.

A simple fix to my issue (which might just be for me, I'm not sure how many people have 50 Level 50+ characters + 1 foundry) would be to allow the buying of 2 more character slots (which I will happily do). Although seeing as the new max level is 60, a total of 60 (59 or 61 due to even numbered buying of character slots) would seem apt.

I feel like I am missing out on the full Delta Recruitment experience because of this issue.

A timely resolution, or even a flat out "No more character slots" would be better than an autogen response or silence.

-@RoebotSixtyFive"
    You only need 1 recruit to unlock rewards across ALL Factions. It's an account wide unlock
  • Options
    rekurzionrekurzion Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Our Delta Recruitment continues into week 2, earning new rewards for Recruits! As Delta Recruits unlock the Duty Officer system, they'll have even more opportunities to help prepare against the fight against the Iconians!

The Academy Awaits!

~LaughingTrendy

So here's a question. In the world of Star Trek Online, WHO is posting these ads? Is it the actual factions who are running this campaign? Or is it as simple as Cryptic being creative while the actual factions in game are going about building up troops as they normally would.

1. If this is just a game developer with a catchy add campaign to promote new content. Then, OK. Whatever. It's clever.

2. If it's the actual factions in game then there could be some issue as the Federation would have no business promoting war in this fashion.

3. If it's something else - like the Iconians using a yet unknown servitor race to promote recruitment for some devious plot to which they take advantage then...interesting.
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rgzarcher wrote: »

No no, you misunderstand, the cloaking devices are just there as a... um.... as a honorable consideration towards the cowardly Feds, that way they won't have to spend their last moments cowering in fear seeing the honorable mighty klingon ship coming towards them allowing them to die with some small measure of honor... y-yeah... that's it.... totally.... Qapla' :D
  • Options
    proteus22proteus22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dont worry anything listed as bount to account will get turned into bound to delta recuit any second
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rekurzion wrote: »
    2. If it's the actual factions in game then there could be some issue as the Federation would have no business promoting war in this fashion.

As somebody else once said (I think it was a sig line):

"This ain't your father's Starfleet".

You have a conflict brewing with a race far older than previous "big bads", with technology that's amazing as all get out. It might be a good idea to some folks to rally the home front old-school style, and drum up some serious recruitment. Citizens of the Federation need to have it hammered home that people joining Starfleet (in the game's era) are signing up for a war drive, not to chart star systems, and have tea and biscuits with new alien races. They're joining up to fight a mighty foe, and may die in the process.

It's going to be more than the Borg threatening a world or two. It's going to be the Dominion War on rage-inducing steroids. The Federation's 24th Century solemn, half-hearted attitudes toward conflict won't cut it here. Old fashioned patriotic fervor and public support in a war footing is what is going to help with the odds.

The Klingons and Romulans (among others) won't be the problem. It's the lazy complacency that has a bad tendency to set in among Team Blue. There will be plenty of those that will be like "But...but..can't we all just talk it out and sing kumbaya?".

All the while, the realists who were alive during the Cardassian Border Wars, Borg incursions against Earth, and Dominion War will just shake there heads sadly at these idiots, get up, and do their part for the survival of the Federation and what it stands for.
  • Options
    ender357ender357 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From memory alpha:

The military official that oversaw the MACOs was General Casey. (ENT: "The Expanse") MACO posts included Atlanta, Georgia and the Janus loop. Training posts included West Point in New York. (ENT: "The Xindi", "Hatchery", "The Council")

So US army, not marines. If it was marines they'd be coming out of Annapolis.

no they would be coming out of San Diego and South Carolina if they were marines. Annapolis is Navy.
  • Options
    soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Would be nice if there was a way the Delta Recruits could get the Kobali ship with the warp core and the regeneration console from the mission Dust to Dust like all the older toons could a few weeks ago. This would have been a bigger boost to a new toon than most of the purple rewards they get throughout the event. I feel like the new Delta Recruits are at a disadvantage by not having the ship, warp core & regen console available to them to complete the set..:(
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    waldotrek wrote: »

The same as buying anything that Cryptic sells .

"... once you have their money , never give it back ..." -- Ferengi Rules of Acquisition # 1
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rekurzion wrote: »
    So here's a question. In the world of Star Trek Online, WHO is posting these ads? Is it the actual factions who are running this campaign? Or is it as simple as Cryptic being creative while the actual factions in game are going about building up troops as they normally would.

1. If this is just a game developer with a catchy add campaign to promote new content. Then, OK. Whatever. It's clever.

3. If it's something else - like the Iconians using a yet unknown servitor race to promote recruitment for some devious plot to which they take advantage then...interesting.

That's my main problem with that. As a out-of-game parody it is actually quite fun. But as in-game lore as those blogs are supposed to be read it's kind of... disrespectful towards the IP. And I am afraid Cryptic doesn't know that since the whole game turned into this, basically (new tutorials and all).
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really enjoyed the first week of this as I felt like by taking part I was helping to achieve the server goal. I felt involved in something as I had to run missions and it was fun.

This new goal is just log in, doff, then log out so I've lost the sense of participation that we had last week and I don't feel the same incentive.

I'm guessing next week is reps or fleet marks?
  • Options
    lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Just want to say I wish everyone luck this week!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    pennylong wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the first week of this as I felt like by taking part I was helping to achieve the server goal. I felt involved in something as I had to run missions and it was fun.

This new goal is just log in, doff, then log out so I've lost the sense of participation that we had last week and I don't feel the same incentive.
    It's a choice to play it that way, though. If you have the time, you'll contribute much more progress towards the common goal -and- continue to progress your character if you run lots of short assignments wherever you are while otherwise playing normally.

Perhaps that would foster the sense of common effort you're looking for?
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xablis wrote: »
    At least the left out "the brave" since we are talking about the Federation here.

Ooooh, dems fightin' words. :mad:

:: tosses a tribble at the ridge head ::

;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.