test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with Mob Spawn/Kill Objective

First, I am not a remedial user, some things don't seem to work the same or I'm just really rusty at this.

Here's what I am trying to do.

Mobs are "beaming" in. Player fights and more beam down.

The Kill Objective is just the final "boss" encounter.

My issue is that I cant set a State for the final spawn. My only options are Immediately or this Objective in Progress. Both of those make it spawn well before the room is actually cleared and its time for the big bad to appear.

If I add all the pre-spawns to the Kill objective so the boss spawns right, they then lose their states and no longer "beam" in so the mechanics don't work.

I can get it all to work right with no Kill objective and strange "interact" or dialog but then the story gets a little wonky and seems to have hole between the start and finish of those objectives.

I can also create a separate Kill objective for every spawn. The mechanics still work right but then that creates way too many objectives in the mission log.

Is this just a mechanics thing I need to work around or is there an obvious solution I am missing.
[SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by grnlbrtnfrnt on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah... one of the things you can't do is to set spawn triggers on enemies that are part of a kill objective. They're automatically set to spawn when the objective starts.

Two kill objectives isn't that big a deal IMO.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah... one of the things you can't do is to set spawn triggers on enemies that are part of a kill objective. They're automatically set to spawn when the objective starts.

Two kill objectives isn't that big a deal IMO.

thx. I worked around it. I had just forgetten how what seems like an obvious and simply thing is just impossible to do.

at least I know for sure now it wasn't me
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • dratikusdratikus Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thx. I worked around it. I had just forgetten how what seems like an obvious and simply thing is just impossible to do.

at least I know for sure now it wasn't me

Hi, I have a similar problem, but I am new to the Foundry. Would you be willing to share your work around?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One workaround that I've used is to put a move to location, then a quest dialog prior to the kill objective. The enemies won't spawn until those two objectives are complete. Note: the dialog seems to need 2 text boxes to work right as it's apparently considered complete when you VIEW the final box, and doesn't wait for you to close it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had a similar issue with one of my first missions. I wanted mobs to spawn in command before the boss appeared for the final battle. The way I was able to work around this was by adding dialogue pop-ups between the fights, then link the appearance of mob 2, mob 3, etc. to specific dialogue.

Player talks to bad guy, mob 1 appears… talks to bad guy again, mob 2 appears, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So this isn't too hard to workaround. All you have to do is put in a reach objective just before the boss' kill objective. This reach marker should be around the boss so it triggers just as the player is getting in sight. The reach objective completes and the kill objective moves to in progress causing the Boss to spawn.

You can call the reach objective something like "Confront [Boss's Name]".