test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruitment - Rewards

Comments

• jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    Might I ask why? Locking it male is... well, deeply disappointing. Especially since the BOff is a hologram.

How long has it been since a special BOff has been female? I don't recall any from DR.

isn't the Kobali Boff Female?
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a question regarding "Complete Episode Arcs", assuming it is not "only once" but repeatable:

According to the wiki (I cannot ingame right now), Fedlings have only 6 Episode Arcs (not counting the tutorial) while Klingons and Romulards have 10 Arcs each. That would be a difference of 4000 spacepotatos less per char on your account to claim, if you only play a Fedling.

Also, do the Episode Arcs from different factions add up for the rewards?

If someone would play a Fedling first (completing 6 Arcs), then Klingon (+ 4 unique Arcs) and finally a Romulard (+3 unique Arcs) plus Spectres (being a seperate Arc for non-feds), would he end up with 13000+ dil to claim?

Or is it only awarded once fo the first completed Arc anyway?

Would be nice if a dev could clarify this (I didn't see anything in this thread so far).

bearing in mind you final reward is for reaching lv50 you may find this easier with a non-fed but you may need to pad out the missions on a fed more with other stuff to get there like maybe doing some foundry missions and such, it may well be in the feds case that just playing the missions are not enough.
    having said that you may get the reward for completing the story missions sooner, but at the end of the day you will be wanting all the rewards so you may find that getting there is about the same with all factions just in different ways.
    it wont make any difference to me as I will be rolling one from each faction anyway.

all account wide rewards are only claimable once but delta recruit rewards can be claimed on each delta you roll.
    a dev confirmed this earlier in this very thread.

HERE> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=23085911&postcount=85

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    no new races yet as far as I am aware and why should there be, this isn't an expansion or even a season update.
    its just an event, nothing more, nothing less.

if you can think of one other event where they created playable races I will admit I am wrong.

You misinterpreted my post, I'm not asking for a new faction that would come with an expansion, by race I mean in the character editor, this should be simple enough to do with assets that already exist in the game.

Reason: popular and iconic races from the Trek universe should be properly represented by the character editor in a game such as this. Some people, like myself my want a "closer to" experience. Like an accurate looking Jem'Hadar using Jem'Hadar ships as an example.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What are the guns in the poster, does anyone know?

They don't really seem to match any that i've seen in game, so i was hoping they were rewards, but i didn't see any mention in the article of new guns. The romulan one looks like it has a pop up scope, so i would definitely be interested in finding that one.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    What are the guns in the poster, does anyone know?

They don't really seem to match any that i've seen in game, so i was hoping they were rewards, but i didn't see any mention in the article of new guns. The romulan one looks like it has a pop up scope, so i would definitely be interested in finding that one.

The one the Fed is holding looks like the elite fleet phaser rifle. The one the Romulan is holding looks like it could be the Dyson rep rifle (only one I can remember off the top of my head with an extending scope). Hard to tell though since they are artistic representations and not photographic copies of in game items.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Q: What happens if I create a Delta Recruit, but do not complete all of the listed Tasks?

A: Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards.

This is what I have been wondering ever since the announcement of Delta Recruits. I am pleased by the answer. I don't have all the time in the world to complete everything only during the event so this is good.
    The one the Fed is holding looks like the elite fleet phaser rifle. The one the Romulan is holding looks like it could be the Dyson rep rifle (only one I can remember off the top of my head with an extending scope). Hard to tell though since they are artistic representations and not photographic copies of in game items.

Rommie one might be one of the special plasma rifles that you can only get on new romulus.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So what happened to ?
    Only Delta Recruits can contribute to these Weekly Goals, but all characters can reap the benefits they unlock. Complete details of these goals and their associated rewards will be published in future Dev Blogs.

only ~20h left ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited April 2015
    You misinterpreted my post, I'm not asking for a new faction that would come with an expansion, by race I mean in the character editor, this should be simple enough to do with assets that already exist in the game.

Reason: popular and iconic races from the Trek universe should be properly represented by the character editor in a game such as this. Some people, like myself my want a "closer to" experience. Like an accurate looking Jem'Hadar using Jem'Hadar ships as an example.

that's exactly what I am talking about also, otherwise I would have said faction instead of playable races, as in human is a playable race and Betazoid and orion and so on.
    some playable races might be from the fed faction and some might be from the kdf faction.
    I wont be saying romulan faction cos that doesn't really count but romulans and remans are playable races also I guess although they are from a faction or half of one anyway but aliged to feds or kdfs.
    but anyway I knew exactly what you were talking about a playable race that is either in the existing fed faction or kdf faction, and my reply is still the same.

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    that's exactly what I am talking about also, otherwise I would have said faction instead of playable races, as in human is a playable race and Betazoid and orion and so on.
    some playable races might be from the fed faction and some might be from the kdf faction.
    I wont be saying romulan faction cos that doesn't really count but romulans and remans are playable races also I guess although they are from a faction or half of one anyway but aliged to feds or kdfs.
    but anyway I knew exactly what you were talking about a playable race that is either in the existing fed faction or kdf faction, and my reply is still the same.

Then your reply makes zero sense as we already have access to a half arsed Jem'Hadar character as an Alien. It can still remain an Alien, it doesn't need to be renamed Jem'Hadar. I'm simply asking them to take the textures from the game assets and drop em in the character editor. It's not complicated and there is no need to make up excuses as to why they can't or shouldn't do it.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kalavier wrote: »
    I really wouldn't mind being able to get back into STO and actually play the game, but https://lootcritter.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/infographic-delta-rising-upgrade-costs-111114.gif shows it nicely. The new endgame isn't designed in any way shape or form to be accessable for those people who have lives or don't make/have millions and millions of EC, huge dilithium stockpiles, and lots of lobis.

That chart was based on the some incorrect assumptions, but you can spread that out over several weeks or months or not upgrade at all. Most Ground PvE content can still be done with Mk12 Gear. Most of my Toons haven't had their ground gear changed last years space walking with Tuvok, with the exception of Kits.

Updated chart with more details: http://lootcritter.com/2015/01/22/revised-infographic-delta-rising-upgrade-costs-2015/

It's possible to do every mission with MK12 gear, assuming you know HOW to fly your ship. Even then it's possible even if you're having trouble with your ship. I spend too many Missions with a Console or a Weapon not on my ship, which is worse than running Mk12 or less gear.

Also, for a Delta Recruit you're more than likey to be able to keep a decent Dil income until the event is over, and by that time you're able to get most of the reputations done by that time, and each one has a large Dilithium pay out too.

I make about around 2000 Dill and a few 100's EC net profit PER day just by running the the 1Hr rep projects once, then selling the gear to a Bartender/consumable Vendor/Lessa/New Romulus Vendors. (Actually that give me an idea...)
    edited April 2015
    Then your reply makes zero sense as we already have access to a half arsed Jem'Hadar character as an Alien. It can still remain an Alien, it doesn't need to be renamed Jem'Hadar. I'm simply asking them to take the textures from the game assets and drop em in the character editor. It's not complicated and there is no need to make up excuses as to why they can't or shouldn't do it.

ask away but I don't think you will get any joy.
    and I didn't say they can't or shouldn't all I said was I don't think they will.

• hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy, if you're still available, is there a chance of a Lifetime Sale coinciding with Delta Recruits going live?
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jheinig wrote: »
    I can answer that one. No, you must complete the tutorial in order to play a Delta Recruit.

then we have a big problem you guys are totally ignoreing at cryptic I CAN NOT get past the opening intro movie it freezes my game and crashes me so unless you can fix it alot of us with this problem like i have can not do it then.
    cause if we have to do the tutorial to be one with this problem its a little unfair in my opinion.

• gaulltgaullt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Looks good. A new Talaxian will be born and become my official crafter (with the Gumarre doff that I couldn't acquire on my main. Sigh.).

EDIT:

Any chance of making the above Bound-to-Account?

That right there make me need to role and level a whole new toon.........he is probably only going to have 1 plain vanilla ship however and be optimized for crafting not playing.......no real new revenue there PWE, good try.

Make smaller things like modular bridges for 5$ or 5 million EC that could be slotted into old ships thru the ship tailor. Not a megabux stream like ships, but a stream that would probably be a simple "Good Business" decision. The bridge module would have a choice of a profession/hybrid/universal slot, and maybe the equivalent of an extra console appropriate for 1 of the 3 main professions?

Heck a "Crafter Boost" bridge might do something for revenue.......some non-combat skill boost or an EC discount bridge that would stack with Ferengi, a Science bridge that would stack with a joined Trill........
    The Universe is a messy place, You are born a mess. Sustaining life usually involves cleaning up messes. You die and usually are a mess then too. All of these messes usually involve some blood- get over it.
  • bomerfettbomerfett Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't wait 'till tomorrow. I'm super excited to try this out. I think it will be a lot of fun. :D
  • wmdracutus006wmdracutus006 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im still not too convinced to roll a new toon. I much would prefer a re-roll (not just skills but start from lvl 1 and reroll sex, race, career) and have this count.

Ive put too much time and money into my toon to even really consider a new one, and I think that account awards are not really justifiable.

Maybe im being picky, I don't know, but I think this should be an option too. having spent a lot of money on this toon, of course there are certain things id like kept, that are character bound of course, items, dil, gear etc, but lock everything until you reach the appropriate level, then there are doffs, boffs, fleet credits etc
    edited April 2015
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    then we have a big problem you guys are totally ignoreing at cryptic I CAN NOT get past the opening intro movie it freezes my game and crashes me so unless you can fix it alot of us with this problem like i have can not do it then.
    cause if we have to do the tutorial to be one with this problem its a little unfair in my opinion.

I have just fully tested the fed opening intro movie and it played through fine, I also partially tested the rom and kdf intro`s without any issues.

my only advise would be if you are still having this problem after the update try hitting the Esc key as soon as the intro starts, you may need to do this a few times to get to the actual end but all being well you should find yourself at the start of the actual tutorial.
    although you need to play the tutorial there is no need to watch the intro movie as far as I know, if you find you still have this problem at other cutscenes there may be a problem with your installation and it might be worth maybe doing a force verify from the launcher and if all else fails uninstalling and reinstalling if need be.

having said that don't forget you still need to wait till after todays update to roll a delta character.
    Trendy, if you're still available, is there a chance of a Lifetime Sale coinciding with Delta Recruits going live?

its possible there could be a lifetime sale during this event but more likely it will be maybe a month or two after, they will be wanting to give new players a chance to get hooked before rushing into a lifetime sale, but stay tuned there is bound to be one up soon.
    Im still not too convinced to roll a new toon. I much would prefer a re-roll (not just skills but start from lvl 1 and reroll sex, race, career) and have this count.

Ive put too much time and money into my toon to even really consider a new one, and I think that account awards are not really justifiable.

Maybe im being picky, I don't know, but I think this should be an option too. having spent a lot of money on this toon, of course there are certain things id like kept, that are character bound of course, items, dil, gear etc, but lock everything until you reach the appropriate level, then there are doffs, boffs, fleet credits etc

its funny, I could not bare the thought of restarting any of my existing characters, all the progress that has been made with the character would be lost including crafting, rep, accolades, specializations, ship mastery and weapons upgrades.
    how anyone could think to go through all that again I will never know.
    if you think there might be a way to do this without loosing everything you have you are kidding yourself.
    you might as well just transfer all you can to an alt and delete the character, the end result would be the same.
    I`m sure if there is a dev out there listening he will confirm this is the case.
    if it was a case of just replaying the missions after the tutorial it might be different but you are talking about going right back to the character creator and starting from there and you have to start there to get a delta in any case, this is just impossible to do and still have any of your previous character data left intact.

• killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think I'll juts make yet another grinding alt and go back to using my main.
  • k0v4ck0v4c Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know how to check if this has been asked before (so many posts), but are the account wide rewards cumulative?

Like, for every 10 levels a delta recruit makes, you get account rewards in reputation marks.

So for lv 50 that's 500 marks account wide. Now does this happen only once, or can I farm marks for my other characters by leveling delta recruits?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    k0v4c wrote: »
    I don't know how to check if this has been asked before (so many posts), but are the account wide rewards cumulative?

Like, for every 10 levels a delta recruit makes, you get account rewards in reputation marks.

So for lv 50 that's 500 marks account wide. Now does this happen only once, or can I farm marks for my other characters by leveling delta recruits?

The account wide unlocks happen only for the first Delta Recruit to reach that milestone. Though that account unlock can be claimed once on all current and future characters on your account.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited April 2015

The account wide unlocks happen only for the first Delta Recruit to reach that milestone. Though that account unlock can be claimed once on all current and future characters on your account.

what he said but I will add the delta recruits own rewards can be claimed on every delta recruit you have so once you join a fleet and get all that fleet only dilithium and marks on each of them it will be very handy if you have this on more then one delta character, your fleet would benefit immensely.

fleet marks not so much as these tend to fill up quite quickly but dilithium is always hard to fill and the best part is that fleet only dilithium comes pre refined so as soon as you get it you can dump it strait into you dil hungry fleet projects.

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could we get some Info on "Weekly Goals", or at least how to contribute ... preferable before we're going to create our Delta Recruits in 1-2 hours ...

... is it going to be part of the Rep System ... do you have to contribute Dilithium & other stuff ... is it going to be an Accolade or something ... or is it going to be completely "invisible" for the regular Joe (like "numbers of Delta Recruits" created) ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • k0v4ck0v4c Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yes, but does the delta recruit also get ALL the account wide rewards?
  • polotospolotos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, but does the delta recruit also get ALL the account wide rewards?

only if you choose to choose these rewards for the recruit, only one character can claim them
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can I get a dev to step in on my two questions or have they left this thread already?

Disappointed that the photonic boff cant be a woman, but can I program my hologram to be any species from at least applicable to a capts faction? Like if I strived for a all Reman bridge team for my Reman capt can i program it to be Reman? Orion for klingons, so on and so forth? I should.

At what level can i achieve "gather all iconian info/tech"? Do i have to max my recruit to 60 or does the delta recruit story arc complete sooner like 50?

Thank you
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could we get some Info on "Weekly Goals", or at least how to contribute ... preferable before we're going to create our Delta Recruits in 1-2 hours ...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9126523-delta-recruitment-now-live!

For the first week of the Delta Recruit event, the contributing event is first-time completion of missions. Every time a Delta Recruit finishes a story mission for the first time, this will contribute to the meter. As the meter hits certain benchmarks, this will unlock progressively better rewards for the following week. Unlocking the initial reward will cause the following week to grant 50% more skill points and expertise to everyone, not just Delta Recruits. Hitting the second benchmark improves this to 100% more skill points and expertise, and hitting the third and final benchmark increases this to 150% more skill points and expertise for everyone for the entire week! And these bonuses apply to specialization points for captains that are level 50 and above!
    edited April 2015
    polotos wrote: »
    only if you choose to choose these rewards for the recruit, only one character can claim them

no not correct, the deltas can only claim the delta rewards but all other non-delta characters can get the account rewards.

• alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just created A new toon and i saw a crazy cut-scene of my future self going to the past to give the present me something... I practically fell of my chair glaring at that cut-scene.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Question re this goal:
    Join a Fleet

- 500 Fleet Marks - 50,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium - 100 of each Holding Commodity (Spire, Mine, Embassy) ** Note: Reward requires level 30

- 50 Fleet Marks - 5,000 Fleet-Only Dilithium

You don't have to wait til 30 to join a fleet, right, just the reward is granted at 30?
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nevawinna wrote: »
    Question re this goal:

You don't have to wait til 30 to join a fleet, right, just the reward is granted at 30?

This is the case.