test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Independence!

jonozonjonozon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2015 in New Romulus
The time has come for Romulans to be independent from Federation or Klingon influence. The time has come to move forward on our own! We have operated under their control for long enough. Free New Romulus and let us finally find our own way in the galaxy! Let the powers that be know that we are ready for our own future.
Post edited by jonozon on

Comments

• wotertoolwotertool Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Though I'd like to see a strong and independend Romulan Empire / Faction, what kind of sense would it make story wise to say "Thank you for your help, aid and safety but now TRIBBLE you Federation".

What advantages does the Republic gain from showing the finger to it's only allies while the Tal Shiar and romulan Navy are still sailing around and causing problems?

If we were to get an independend Romulan Faction with Story, then it would be joining the Romulan Navy (as I wished to be able to when the Romulans got playable), but we can't do that so the Romulan Republic, if it survives, will be new part of the Federation. Just like the Andorians and Vulcans in the early days.

After a few hundred years, their ships will either become Starfleet, or the designers try to figure out some mixture, either with conventional warpcore or the romulan singularity one. (Though I tend to the first).
    (Edit: As we saw in ENT, it will be Starfleet ships)

(Of course that only applies if the Federation does not fall apart until then.)

The Milkyway is doomed to become united under a pro-human Federation of Planets. When technology is advanced enough to travel between Galaxies, then in a few thousand years it will be a United Federation of Galaxies, waging wars with other Galaxies because over time other races will do the same as the humans to other galaxies.