test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Game Sto Spinoff Announced On Twitch???

qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
So here's some news and I see no thread on...

Earlier today, on PWE's twitch feed, during Torchlight play, Andy (Arc Commnity Manager) stated that, quote "a new game containing ships is launching on Monday" March 30th, 2015. He said "I can't say much but a new game is launching, and it has ships and it should make Star Trek fans very happy, keep eyes on PWE Twitter and site for info."

So there I sat, jaw on the floor and suddenly this idea hits me. City of Heroes had an expansion but it got so big that it turned into a stand alone game called City of Villains which they merged into one server and we had a true PvP gaming environment.

You have written the game into this big war, taken down the walls and suddenly an Iconian spinoff game sounds extremely plausible. I then log into STO, see the new FE, run it and listen very closely for any hints and...this FE almost builds up to a new game spinoff launch....

That's just a theory...all we know is what he said, a game is launching, on Monday, containing ships, that will supposedly make us STO fans very happy...

Decided to put this to the community for input.
Post edited by qrtrmstr on

Comments

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    there was some talk about this a month or two ago... iirc someone had some really good evidence it was some kind of mobile app kinda strategy game
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know there is some mobile NuTrek game and there is farmville styled browser game called Alien Domain. I have not heard anything about Trek games besides those.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/6406570

He talks about it 3:00 minutes in. At around 55:00 he mentions doing a launch Stream on Monday for the new game. Apparently this is a "top secret" project they've been working on, launching tomorrow? :confused:

Could be a Star Trek game, or a generic space game that would appeal more to the STO community. *shrug*
  • qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is a new Star Trek game for mobile devices called Timelines but that's not even close to launch, hey have kept pushing it back and it's now slated for September...

No Andy was saying this game is from them, from Cryptic/PWE and launches in Monday..and being an Arc Community Manager, I'd say he knows more than us...
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/6406570

He talks about it 3:00 minutes in. At around 55:00 he mentions doing a launch Stream on Monday for the new game. Apparently this is a "top secret" project they've been working on, launching tomorrow? :confused:

Could be a Star Trek game, or a generic space game that would appeal more to the STO community. *shrug*

Yeah, that's was near the end...he made another announcement at the beginning of the stream as well.
  • sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder if it will be as good as the current one. :confused:

or will it take resourses from this one.
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think it'll be called Gateway... where you're be able to doff and see each others ships and do R&D projects... and do all kinds of neat things that'll tie in with STO...

Except it'll never work right. :D
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey, maybe it's a sequel to Star Trek Trexel published by YesGnome that was universally loved by everyone and was absolutely not a cash grab game with lots of pay walls.
    edited March 2015
    I suppose it possible they are scrapping STO for a completely new game, new engine, new title, the works....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hrmm, so when did Star Conflict get added to Arc? I swear when I was looking through the games yesterday (was ticked off about the Advanced announcement), that I didn't see it there.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/Star_Conflict

Then with what was mentioned about "Invasion" in that twitch thing...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212070/
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hrmm, so when did Star Conflict get added to Arc? I swear when I was looking through the games yesterday (was ticked off about the Advanced announcement), that I didn't see it there.

Interesting, could that be it? Might be worth checking out...
    edited March 2015
    Hmmmm

This might be the game they were talking about....
    edited March 2015

Played Star Conflict, did not really get into it but from what little seen it was fun. Not 100% sure if this is rumored game, I would think it would have more fanfare if it was. Also remember Dshal is working on something.

But right now we can only wait and pray.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2015
    I've played Star Conflict before...

it..........

is an ok game, but not the best I've seen...

Gajin did a much better job with War Thudner.. (which I recommend to anyone that likes WW2 planes/tanks)

That being said,

Yes, this is the game Andy was talking about...

Monday it will be fully launching as being "announced" is what he probably meant...

my thesis!!! :D

Cheers.
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Star Conflict is developed by Star Gem inc and Gaijin entertainment. Release date February 27, 2013. PWE bought it?
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The odd thing I'm having trouble with is finding out why Star Conflict is there in Arc. It's a game that's been around for some time from Star Gem with Gaijin as the publisher (same folks that do War Thunder). Steam says it was released Feb 2013.

Then again, they've got Stronghold Kingdoms from Firefly on Arc as well...released back in 2012.

But yeah, Star Conflict is under the New Releases on Arc now...so not a new game, but new to Arc.

Might not be the game they were talking about, but it's curious about Arc having non-PWE related games, eh?
    edited March 2015
    The odd thing I'm having trouble with is finding out why Star Conflict is there in Arc. It's a game that's been around for some time from Star Gem with Gaijin as the publisher (same folks that do War Thunder). Steam says it was released Feb 2013.

Then again, they've got Stronghold Kingdoms from Firefly on Arc as well...released back in 2012.

But yeah, Star Conflict is under the New Releases on Arc now...so not a new game, but new to Arc.

Might not be the game they were talking about, but it's curious about Arc having non-PWE related games, eh?

I think Arc is trying to become a powerhouse like Steam. They have a few other non-PWE games there too. APB, Elsword, and as you said Stronghold Kingdoms
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited March 2015
    damix4 wrote: »
    Star Conflict is developed by Star Gem inc and Gaijin entertainment. Release date February 27, 2013. PWE bought it?

mostlikely, just the publishing rights!
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's unrelated to STO.

/snatches your tinfoil

Ha! :D
  • thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's unrelated to STO.

/snatches your tinfoil

Ha! :D

Oh well, there goes my hope for a new Doff related app similar to Neverwinters Gateway that we've been "promised" for a while. *sad* :(

Was even hoping for something like the Sword Coast Adventures mini game for STO...

Oh well :( Whatever it is, hopefully it'll be something fun.
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    LOLOLOLOL Trendy got ya!

*grabs sides in laughter*
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."