test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Red Matter Capacitor not Repairing Disabled Subsystems

spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
edited March 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As the title says, the Red Matter Capacitor device is not currently repairing any disabled subsystems when used.

Tested in the following situations:
  • Fighting Tholians - activating RMC does not bring weapons back online.
  • Using Override Subsystem Safeties - activating RMC immediately after it disables a subsystem does not bring that system back online.
  • Fighting any NPC's or players using weapons with the Phaser proc - activating RMC does not bring that subsystem back online.
ffluoti63bi9.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yup, it has always been broken that way.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes. Either change the tooltip or fix it.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Does it work for your aux subsystem? I lack a RMC, so I can't verify this, but I've heard that RMC only works on aux offlines.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In addition to this, I'd also like to have it's interaction with the Quartermaster battery doff looked at again. The rmc should count as a battery just like the other 4 and even warp core charges and have it's cd reduced just like the rest.
    edited March 2015
    psych2l wrote: »
    In addition to this, I'd also like to have it's interaction with the Quartermaster battery doff looked at again. The rmc should count as a battery just like the other 4 and even warp core charges and have it's cd reduced just like the rest.

Agreed. The argument that it's not a consumable is nonsense, imho. THAT'S WHY WE GOT THE RMC.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can confirm the Red Matter Capacitor is not repairing disabled systems. Please fix it sometime this year.

PS, I hope I'm not asking too much.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    they already got your money for it
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Override subsystem safeties, as far as I can remember, cannot be repaired by any normal means.

So, naturally the RMC wouldn't have any effect there but, as for the rest, yes it is bugged.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Engineering team is able to restore an OSS knockout just fine, the nukara 2-pc as well should it target weapons. As such is the case I see no reason why the RMC shouldn't be able to do the same.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    My investigation showed that the RMC successfully repairs Shields, Engines and Aux Offline debuff effects, but not Weapons Offline (which is arguably far more common these days).

This turned out pretty easy to track down and correct. In the future, the RMC will behave as indicated on the tooltips, and repair ALL offline subsystems.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My investigation showed that the RMC successfully repairs Shields, Engines and Aux Offline debuff effects, but not Weapons Offline (which is arguably far more common these days).

This turned out pretty easy to track down and correct. In the future, the RMC will behave as indicated on the tooltips, and repair ALL offline subsystems.

bort.. you are the man! :D
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Three cheers for Borticus!

Hip-hip... Hooray!

Hip-Hip... HOORAY!!

Hip-Hip! HOOORAAAAYYY!!!

For he's a jolly good fellow,
    For he's a jolly good fellow.
    For he's a jolly good feellloooOOOoowww!!!

Which nobody can deny!

Which nobody can deny.
    Which nobody can deny.

For he's a jolly good fellow,
    for he's a jolly good fellow.
    For he's a jolly good FEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

Which. No - Body. Can. Dennyyyyyyyiiiieeeeeeeeeeee....[/I]

Thanks Bort. That's fantastic news. :D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited March 2015

OMG!!!!

The J-Man gets it done! Thanks, Bort! I had pretty much given up on it.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    psych2l wrote: »
    Engineering team is able to restore an OSS knockout just fine, the nukara 2-pc as well should it target weapons. As such is the case I see no reason why the RMC shouldn't be able to do the same.

Than obviously, the skill isn't WAI by it's own description.

Temporarily override the safety measures in place for all power subsystems, allowing them to support far more power for a limited amount of time. This power dump will decay each second while the safety is overridden, meaning that the benefit you gain will also gradually decrease over the power's duration. When the power bonus ends, the strain caused by this procedure will cause one random subsystem to go offline for a short duration. You cannot override the safety on a subsystem that is offline, and doing so does not repair offline subsystems.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Than obviously, the skill isn't WAI by it's own description.

Temporarily override the safety measures in place for all power subsystems, allowing them to support far more power for a limited amount of time. This power dump will decay each second while the safety is overridden, meaning that the benefit you gain will also gradually decrease over the power's duration. When the power bonus ends, the strain caused by this procedure will cause one random subsystem to go offline for a short duration. You cannot override the safety on a subsystem that is offline, and doing so does not repair offline subsystems.

It's description is that you can't override the safety - aka you can't double-tap OSS to have an increased cap on a subsystem that OSS took offline. I'm pretty sure with all the vast many statements about ET+OSS, they'd have commented or changed that by now.

Also, bort, thanks for fixing RMC. I don't have one, but it is really nice for those that do.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Wow Bort. You have surprised me sir.

I am sure I remember this bug being acknowledged at some point in the past. We were told the RMC was good enough as is, so it wouldn't be fixed.

Thank you very much for re-visiting it.
    edited March 2015
    Wow Bort. You have surprised me sir.

I am sure I remember this bug being acknowledged at some point in the past. We were told the RMC was good enough as is, so it wouldn't be fixed.

Thank you very much for re-visiting it.

Agreed. I about fell out of my chair when I saw action was taking place on a heritage item. Wow!

Let's go for a home run by making the RMC work with Quartermaster doffs now? Plz?!?!?!?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's go for a home run by making the RMC work with Quartermaster doffs now? Plz?!?!?!?

.... And if we are looking at Quartermaster doffs any way the one which is meant to reduce the cool down on combat supply doesn't. Or rather it effects the interface element which displays the cool down, but dosnt actualy effect the time until the ability will work again.