test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can we get "Open Jacket" versions of the new Odyssey Uniforms? Seeing as how the old "default" uniforms got that costume option. :cool:
  • itslieutenantdanitslieutenantdan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wish you would put in real Vulcan costumes. The robes that we have seen in all the movies and shows. With Vulcan writing on them. Here are some examples. 3-vulcans-converted.jpg1-vulcans-converted.jpgtumblr_mk2x8x5g9i1qiu5xgo3_500.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xanthraelxanthrael Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd like high heels to be optional for any boots which have been seen with extended heel thingies in canon, with a slider for heel length. Thus, people would have a choice between flats, small heels, medium-sized heels and ridiculously long ones, so no-one is forced to go outside their heel comfort zone in order to wear the kind of boots they like.

High heels should be available for male characters, too. This is the twenty-fifth century, after all.
    I am a radical feminist, and as such have no fear of being controversial. Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and I love it.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xanthrael wrote: »
    I'd like high heels to be optional for any boots which have been seen with extended heel thingies in canon, with a slider for heel length. Thus, people would have a choice between flats, small heels, medium-sized heels and ridiculously long ones, so no-one is forced to go outside their heel comfort zone in order to wear the kind of boots they like.

High heels should be available for male characters, too. This is the twenty-fifth century, after all.

This one, YES! I want high heels on my TOS Mirror Uni Thigh High Boots!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's been brought up before, but I would love a Captain Proton outfit and raygun. Would really love a Satan's robot pet even it was a quarter of the actual size.

Also, why are there so many costume pieces locked to players? You have hairstyles and pieces available to NPC's but not players. They're already made and it would be so appreciated.:confused:
    edited March 2015
    Can we get a tinfoil hat to wear when people in chat start with their conspiracy talk? I actually would wear it!
    signature.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Can we get a tinfoil hat to wear when people in chat start with their conspiracy talk? I actually would wear it!
    While hilarious.... Hats don't work quite right in this game. however... a metal version of the winter hat would be fun. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aliendejouraliendejour Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While hilarious.... Hats don't work quite right in this game. however... a metal version of the winter hat would be fun. :D

One of the big issues with hats is that they replace the avatars hair and other head options (antenna... etc.)

They ned to create three versions of hats. The standard one we have now, one with a little hair poking out over the ears, and one with hair poking out all around.

That would solve the hat issues for most characters.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Undershirts. Tank tops. Something to wear when the uniform jacket's too uncomfortable. Plenty of canon examples of this.

The TOS mirror sports bra sort of works for women, but it's not exactly ideal (and limited to Federation players), and most men have no good options.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd say more of the TMP/WOK era costumes.

Kirk's alt costume

st4.jpg

and the full security armor

tsfshd0190_zps82f032a7.jpg

and finally engineering suits

Star-Trek-uniform-LB-Radiation-suit.jpg
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We now have the ability to create a uniform uniform. Would someone please consider that when a player goes through the trouble of having a standardized uniform for his crew that he'd like to have that uniform on all of his bridge crew and away team?

Obviously there are some that such is not a likely option such as Photonic MACO, but the Liberated Romulan Borg officer, Voth, Jem'Hadar, even the Breen, can don a uniform. Such might be a bit difficult if for some reason any Undine decided to join a Fed or Klingon faction. I can understand that. However, if it's got two legs there's just no reason not to be the bridge crew a ships Captain can be proud of. If we can make it happen for the very nasty temperament of a Xindi Reptilian, which looks great, how about the rest?

• dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You must remember that not every BOff is member of Starfleet/KDF/RR Navy and as such he/she/it cannot wear specific faction uniform or his/her/its physiognomy need specific wear (example: Breen)
  • johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dkratasco wrote: »
    You must remember that not every BOff is member of Starfleet/KDF/RR Navy and as such he/she/it cannot wear specific faction uniform or his/her/its physiognomy need specific wear (example: Breen)

Breen, for example, don't seem to have a problem wearing a prisoner uniform at the Facility 4028 Prison. Why would this be any different than wearing my ships Captain's Star Fleet or KDF uniform?

Further, when they signed on they signed on for the faction. The uniform comes with it no different than the flag goes with the soldier.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Further, when they signed on they signed on for the faction. The uniform comes with it no different than the flag goes with the soldier.

They "sign" to serve on specific ship, not in organisation. Example: Riker as exchange officer to KDF or Seven of Nine on Voyager, both serve on KDF or FED ship but don't wear specific faction uniforms. Fact that as a Captain I allow someone at my bridge doesn't magically make him/her/it proper SF/KDF/RR Navy officer.

Each of those BOffs has own background story how he/she/it end serving at our ship, and those stories show that they aren't members of our faction organisation.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It felt better to put this here than start a full thread on it but can you wonderful people at the Art team in charge of the Character Creator tell us how hard it would be to code in Heterochromia as an Eye color option?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Originally Posted by dkratasco
    Originally Posted by dkratasco
    They "sign" to serve on specific ship, not in organisation. Example: Riker as exchange officer to KDF or Seven of Nine on Voyager, both serve on KDF or FED ship but don't wear specific faction uniforms. Fact that as a Captain I allow someone at my bridge doesn't magically make him/her/it proper SF/KDF/RR Navy officer.

Each of those BOffs has own background story how he/she/it end serving at our ship, and those stories show that they aren't members of our faction organisation.

At the very least give us modification that is appropriate for that species. We've all seen variations on the Breen armor in the game, give us the option for a different helmet, suit, or just the option to recolor him.
    Same goes for the other Boff. Give us different Borg parts for the Borg Sci-Boff, give us the ability to make him into an Elite Tactical or remove most implants. Give us the faction appropriate options or Republic outfit for the Reman Boff. Same goes for all the other special Boff.
    edited April 2015
    Non-Cat tails for alien species. That's what I really want. Reptilian, demon like, rabbit fluffs, all sorts.
    signature.png
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I'd like to see a sleeveless version of the Bortasq' top. This would make it the equivalent of the "Uniform - Jacket Tight - Leather Vest" for males, and "Uniform - Bare Chest - Armored" for females. I want to be up-to-date with the latest fashion, without giving up the right to bare arms! :D

I'd also like to see the alternate version of the Seven of Nine suit that Seven is wearing in "Dust to Dust", with the low collar. Ideally, I'd want it to be added to the costume already in the C-Store, but I suppose it could be a separate purchase.
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs. Can we talk?

Boots. Seriously. Boots.

Fed uniforms have Troi's boots which are good (although the heels could stand improving.) Or Seven's short heels which are good (but too sparkly for general use. They could use a matte option.) Both are zen-required, neither are available in anything other than fed _uniforms_.

I could make some use of the club boots in off-duty (or even in my not-really-uniform uniforms, but those are club/formal only, and those categories are hopelessly limited.)

Orions have sandals, but the sandals aren't available with skirts (the hell?), only pants and those god-awful loincloths.

KDF players literally have _no_ boots at all that aren't ridiculously... well... ridiculous. At best, there's the soft boots in off-duty. And that's it.

Rommies, even Fed-allied Rommies, similarly have no access to decent-looking boots, although it's not quite as hopeless as the poor KDF players.

Thing is, this isn't a 'create new models' issue, it's a 'categorize accessories as widely as possible in the database' issue. As long as we've paid for the models at some point, what does it matter which factions actually get to use the accessories?

Shoes, belts, jewelery/ornaments, etc, these should be available to everyone once they're unlocked, regardless of faction or category.
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • stargazerncc2893stargazerncc2893 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can we have historical navy costume?
    21st century or 18-19 century are also great both UK and U.S.!
  • arincdiarincdi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Combadges on everything!

Especially on the new Kobali uniform... I wanna use the combadges i have availableon and with every outfit i own...

CM

+1 to this, 100%.

We see people in the shows wearing their comm badges on a ton of civilian outfits.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More hair options for Klingons would be nice. There's even some already in the game that would work - Slicked back 1, 2 and 3 for Females; Balding for Males... and it'd be nice to have some short options available for those of us who - regardless of ridges - want to make TOS Klingons. (And I'm not just talking KDF here, either, I'm thinking Fed-Klingons as well could benefit...)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a costume request, could the ROMs get the sash that Temer wears in Turning Point?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Speaking of RRF characters, now that we have the new 'Slim' Shoulder Pads - Dual options for the rank insignia (which I really like since they actually fit better with most of the uniforms), what would be the possibility of us getting 'No Drapery' as an option?

I love the design of the Romulan Fleet Admiral shoulder pads, I just can't use them on most of my RRF characters because the drapery - especially the piece in the middle across the back - gets in the way of 'Back' options and such...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More hair options for Klingons would be nice. There's even some already in the game that would work - Slicked back 1, 2 and 3 for Females; Balding for Males... and it'd be nice to have some short options available for those of us who - regardless of ridges - want to make TOS Klingons. (And I'm not just talking KDF here, either, I'm thinking Fed-Klingons as well could benefit...)
    Wouldn't mind that either, more hair for Klingon/Liberated Borg Klingon characters. I want the shaved hairstyles for Klingons as well, as currently my KDF char is bald... dreads and long hair just aren't my thing. :)
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also for Klingons I'd like to see them do Worf's styles. They did his TNG S1 'do for the TNG 25th anniversary - my Klingon Main is sporting that, but I'd like to see his other styles, the mid TNG style and the tied back pony tail style.
  • wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pony tails for Klingons would be good. Got scruffy salvage man here. (Though he's actually an Alien as far as the game's concerned. Incidentally, why so few hairstyles for KDF Aliens? Unlocking a few more for them would be good. I mean the KDF's the wild and wonderful frontier with all kinds of strange and disreputable aliens, most of them crooks or warrior tribesmen, we need properly punky hair for them all.)
  • alexandernabiscoalexandernabisco Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    also would like to see these hairstyle that didnt quite make it into the game

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2013/04/romulus.jpg