test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Episode - Uneasy Allies

Comments

• ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not really ... recently played every Episode within the Journal during XP Weekend + 20% XP Bonus + 5% Talaxian Bonus ... and barely got from 52-60 ... Delta Episodes alone, won't even get you from 59-60 ...

It's easier if you're doffing a lot, though ...

PS : Most of my Toons will probably be stuck at ~52/54ish forever, though ... so I know the feeling ...

doing just the last mirror universe thing took my two alts to 52-53. Add in winter's event they got to 55ish, then the aniversary event now with the crystaline thing, one's currently at 58, the others at 57. one's done the first two of the delta missions (the first nelix one - I had to kill time after CCA failed) the other's still on the borg missions.

Of course, they were all level50 before DR. But I'm with others, if you're having trouble leveling, you're either not really caring about leveling (I'm not) or you're sucking at doing anything. it's really NOT hard to level.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm really glad that she's willing to do ongoing voice work for STO. :)

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And here be the kick I need to actually finish off the DQ storyline and catch up with the missions I haven't been bothered to do yet. ;)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have Sela expose D'Tan as Undine and kill him... then take over the RR and merge back with SE.

Then prompt Tovan to head up the new Tal Shirar so he can get the heck off my ship/roster!
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks like we're going back to the Nopada System. It actually makes sense since we find a Gateway there but never do anything with it. If you try to access it, it will be locked and denied to you. After we leave we never go back to deal with it, which I always found odd since we deal with the other Iconian gateways we discover on Brea III. Looks like we're dealing with it now.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meh.
    even the name of the mission suggests i am going to need to don a federation uniform for this :(
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Shoot, have to accelerate my gathering of DSE accolades. Glad I'm down to 2 left.

I did predict in another post. S10 = Space revamp, 1 episode, 1 PvE
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ktetch wrote: »
    doing just the last mirror universe thing took my two alts to 52-53. Add in winter's event they got to 55ish, then the aniversary event now with the crystaline thing, one's currently at 58, the others at 57. one's done the first two of the delta missions (the first nelix one - I had to kill time after CCA failed) the other's still on the borg missions.

Of course, they were all level50 before DR. But I'm with others, if you're having trouble leveling, you're either not really caring about leveling (I'm not) or you're sucking at doing anything. it's really NOT hard to level.

Uhm how did the Winter Event & Anniversary Event contribute to your XP-Gain ... not saying it's impossible, I got 4 Level 60's as well ... just saying it's not as easy as some people make it sound like ... my "Talaxian Experiment" confirms it ... => if you're just playing regular Episodes, outside of the XP-Event you're basically screwed ...

PS : You do realize XP-Gain is exponentiell, though ? .... so LvL 52-54 means squat ... and Level 57 is farther away from 60 than 1-50 ....

PPS : Point being, do we really need yet another LvL 60 Mission, if there aren't even enough to Level from 50-60 ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i hope that with the iconians coming and what happens during the war, that it isnt the last stage in the developers plan for the game then almost all of them are reassigned elsewhere while a few build some things every once in a while for the game after this before the game just ends up in obscurity.

the iconians were the big plot device cryptic has been yanking at for years, its the only thing that has been going for them since.

i expect sela to take into account what happened during her escape and what she did before this and the trial, which she will likely see as a sham as her "citizens" rebel around her, she will likely use the opportunity to spew lies and deception to rile the courtroom with tales, then i expect her to state that she knows more about the iconian plot then anyone else, that a part of the agreement for her to assist in taking out the iconians is her freedom and that she will have operational command of a fleet of allied ships, perversely on the Lleset as the overall commander rather then the ship commander. she will use the opportunity to gather all this information and pass it to the tal shiar and let them attack the core worlds of her enemies while the major fleets fight the iconians, after which she will escape and find her way home quickly to assume command of her larger empire, which includes the broken hull of the enterprise F and a charred vulcan.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Spoiler alert!

They're all hiding in a [REDACTED] in the [REDACTED] and you need Sela's help to get there. We also finally find [REDACTED] and we meet a new [REDACTED] to the Iconians.

Also, Gaius Selan is [REDACTED].

I said nothing, lol.
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Curious how Delta Recruits will play into this.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol:
    Sphere
    Andromeda Galaxy
    Praetor Taris
    Servitor race
    ???

This, entirely this. Looks like we get our classified info from the same source. ;)
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sela has been one of my favorite characters in Star Trek. A good example of taking something bad (the early termination of Denise) and turning into something good.

She makes a great villain, she has a good backstory dealing with a major plot in one of the best episodes of TNG (there are so many).

Looking forward to this, hopefully the gear requirement won't be too heavy, as my DPS still sucks pretty bad.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, happy to see we're getting more actual story mission content added to STO. A shame the announcement coincided with what is not a good time for Cryptic and its staff atm.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hopefully they will execute the mongrol and we can now elect a new praetor now since hakeev and the halfling are gone. of course the devs will continue to believe that that one pissant planet is the Romulan Star Empire much like the US claimed for years Tawain was China
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Happy to see new episodes!

This has been building for a long time to be able to look behind the curtain at the Iconains, looking forward to this.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i'll be sure to log in for the first time since the last featured episode, and play this new one once as well.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, happy to see we're getting more actual story mission content added to STO

i agree. i'm always interested by new missions
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was able to go from 50 to 60 mostly by doffing. I have a character who's only DQ mission's been Dust to Dust, and she's almost done with the intelligence tree.
  • danielhunter1991danielhunter1991 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This should be a interesting episode, I wasn't expecting any episodes until season 10 came out so that's cool.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not really ... recently played every Episode within the Journal during XP Weekend + 20% XP Bonus + 5% Talaxian Bonus ... and barely got from 52-60 ... Delta Episodes alone, won't even get you from 59-60 ...

It's easier if you're doffing a lot, though ...

PS : Most of my Toons will probably be stuck at ~52/54ish forever, though ... so I know the feeling ...
    My FOUNDRY character is level 55.... My 12 regular characters are 60-57....

Apparently you're doing it wrong.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2015
    My FOUNDRY character is level 55.... My 12 regular characters are 60-57....

Apparently you're doing it wrong.

It is what it is ... all Episodes won't even get you from 50/52-60, period ... it doesn't really matter if you're the 100th person telling others that, you did Foundry Missions, Doffing, PVE-Queues instead (got several 60's as well, so I'm aware) ... not the point ... last time I checked this Thread wasn't about the Foundry ...

-> Conclusion : If ALL Episodes won't even get you from 52-60 ... I don't really see the point of yet another LvL 60 only - Mission ...
    edited March 2015
    Uhm how did the Winter Event & Anniversary Event contribute to your XP-Gain ... not saying it's impossible, I got 4 Level 60's as well ... just saying it's not as easy as some people make it sound like ... my "Talaxian Experiment" confirms it ... => if you're just playing regular Episodes, outside of the XP-Event you're basically screwed ...

PS : You do realize XP-Gain is exponentiell, though ? .... so LvL 52-54 means squat ... and Level 57 is farther away from 60 than 1-50 ....

PPS : Point being, do we really need yet another LvL 60 Mission, if there aren't even enough to Level from 50-60 ...

Just the fastest game on ice alone is 5000SP to get the ship. However, you can easily add another 10-20k for all the tides of ice, fast and flurious, snowball fight, and winter invasion. Then you can easily have gotten another 40-50k from the winter DOFF's. Before you know it, there's a level or two.

I didn't say it was fast, but it all adds up. I didn't count the pie eating, or the winter eppoh raising.
  • sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For all those who are coming down on people who don't have a lvl 60. All I am going to say is I have a sandwich so you can never be hungry again.

This is a game, not life. With all these extra episodes they seem to have, they should have restructured some of the levels on them. Pushing Dust to Dust to level 60 after the anniversary when all ground kobali missions end before 60 is kind of silly. Using DOFF's to level is also something that is silly to offset content, however great XP it gives.

I look forward to being shouted down for my 2 cents. :rolleyes:
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My thoughts on this.

- I really hope the Iconians remain dogmatic, all-powerful overseers whom we never actually engage in regular battle. If they turn into another generic mob, that will completely ruin the game for me. If an Iconian ship goes into a lockbox ... well, that would be worse.
    - I'm curious about what will happen once the Iconians are defeated. What will happen then? Will the galaxy remain united or devolve into war again?
    - I hope the Iconian War has a lot of shocking moments. I want to see planets destroyed, massive battles (dozens if not hundreds of ships), and lots of shocking character deaths. And new music specifically made for certain scenes would really add to the mood as well.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited March 2015
    My thoughts on this.

- I really hope the Iconians remain dogmatic, all-powerful overseers whom we never actually engage in regular battle. If they turn into another generic mob, that will completely ruin the game for me. If an Iconian ship goes into a lockbox ... well, that would be worse.
    - I'm curious about what will happen once the Iconians are defeated. What will happen then? Will the galaxy remain united or devolve into war again?
    - I hope the Iconian War has a lot of shocking moments. I want to see planets destroyed, massive battles (dozens if not hundreds of ships), and lots of shocking character deaths. And new music specifically made for certain scenes would really add to the mood as well.

According the "Rumors"/"Leaks" we're just going to fight the "Heralds" for now ... basically yet another Iconian Patsy in a long line ... Romulan, Tholian, Elachi, Undine, Vaadwaur, Solonae, Neural Parasites etc etc comes to mind ...
    edited March 2015
    My thoughts on this.

I'm not hopeful.

They had a chance to give a 'developing universe' feel with season 9 with ESD. As in you had the old ESD map until you did Surface Tension, then you got the new one thereafter. Would have given some 'progression' to things.

I doubt it would have been that hard. Instead it kinda makes surface tension flow badly.

Other similar progressions would likewise make it better
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Pushing Dust to Dust to level 60 after the anniversary when all ground kobali missions end before 60 is kind of silly.

I look forward to being shouted down for my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

No, actually I have to agree up to a point. The Kobali ground missions are already level-gated so tying DtD to that progression would make sense. Except for the fact that it was the last episode to come out, so clearly they couldn't have done it sooner. Why the order fell the way it did, I don't know.

Then again, just because it could have happened sooner doesn't mean it didn't happen later (which it did).
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • sentinelbluesentinelblue Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But does DtD tie into the level 60 missions on the Vaadwuar storyline? Or can kobali ground be skipped without losing anything from the main story. If a player due to beliefs does not want to set foot on Kobali and just does the main episodes, does that player miss key points of DR or just a subplot to the villain of the piece?
    edited March 2015
    But does DtD tie into the level 60 missions on the Vaadwuar storyline? Or can kobali ground be skipped without losing anything from the main story. If a player due to beliefs does not want to set foot on Kobali and just does the main episodes, does that player miss key points of DR or just a subplot to the villain of the piece?

Yep the whole Kobali Thing is basically just a subplot ... skipping it doesn't really hurt the overall flow of the Story ...