test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Join the Delta Recruitment!

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ROfl yea they killed my alts and now what my main ones but they aren't getting those lol.

Yeah I have a few demands of my own before I would even really consider coming back to play at even half of my old capacity. They are going to have to address the weak ambushing of klingon birds of prey because even with flanking in pve or pvp its a laugh compared to other battle cloaking ships now. As well birds of prey in their existence need to be looked at and comparable with how they work. The last thing is these specialization systems need to be account wide so it doesn't matter what character I am using that they are on the same page. I mean for this one game I've been playing they do all their stuff like that so i'm much happier just hopping on whatever I feel like vs the STO mindset of we are going to steal your mains now that we crippled any chance of your alts playing the game.

Odds are though delta recruitment is going to be something like getting 100k less xp than the others that hit 60. Then ppl will see how much of a scam it is and stop playing again. All this kind of bait and switch stuff has gotten old and like one podcaster used to state is that star trek fans for the most part are very intelligent and can see thru BS like this.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The recruiting efforts by Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic are ramping up. As the threat of an Iconian war looms over the galaxy, there is great anticipation to see all the new officers captaining starships for these three factions.

Learn more about what we have in store for our new recruits!

~LaughingTrendy

How do you manage to give information without actually giving information? I think you may have a career in politics in your future.
  • liontriadliontriad Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not too fond with the requirement to join a fleet at level 30, i play too casually to be in a fleet imho. I would just be a wasted member aside from the 2 weeks the delta recruitment is active and I would hate to join a fleet just to fulfill a temporary event.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    liontriad wrote: »
    I'm not too fond with the requirement to join a fleet at level 30, i play too casually to be in a fleet imho. I would just be a wasted member aside from the 2 weeks the delta recruitment is active and I would hate to join a fleet just to fulfill a temporary event.

The event goes longer than 2 weeks. Try more like 7 weeks.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    once more into the breach FOR THE FOUNDERS
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • zeuslegion1zeuslegion1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Playable Suliban.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm going to talk a bit about the record of Cryptic's devs.

They made a full-featured Star Trek MMO in two years on a shoestring budget. It wasn't a great game, but with the timetable they had - and they were on a timetable; their choice wasn't between rushing out a bad game or taking their time on a great one; it was between rushing out a bad game or no Star Trek MMO being made, ever, by anyone, because after the disaster that was Perpetual's Star Trek Online, CBS was done and the license was going to be taken away and not given out again.

They then set to work fixing it. They straightened out the endgame economy a bit, added repeatable missions. Their parent company basically failed, their budget got cut, and they were pushed to free-to-play, and they kept fixing things. The game kept getting better.

They switched to the single most generous free-to-play model I've run across. Ignore the lockboxes and the offers of ships and bridge officers and such, because unless you're a hardcore PvPer (and if so, why are you here? STO's PvP sucks. Play something with decent PvP to scratch your PvP itch!), you never have to spend a dime. Want to play the main story? Free. Want to run repeatable endgame content? Free. LotRO gets constant praise for its PvP model, but it demands you buy actual content from it past a certain point in the story. STO? They give away the entire game . You can spend money - and, if you want, rather a lot of it - but you never, never have to. Even playing at the top level requires buying just one $30 ship... that's 2 months of WoW.

Then they put out an expansion with a whole new faction. For free. Another with a level cap increase and hours of new content for everyone. Free. They revamped crafting to be both convenient and useful, for free.

And now? For casual play, I'd place STO as pretty much the best game in the genre. It plays in bite-sized chunks and can be picked up and put down easily. And it's free.

The track record of this team is, "They accomplished something nearly impossible then proceeded to spend years making the mess that impossibility created steadily better over time." Yeah, they've earned my trust.

Cryptic: Please fix queue difficulty curves. That's the one exception to the "steadily getting better."
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rofl

There is too much grind already where I haven't even gotten over the frustration of 20+ characters being under level now lol. Why would I bother trying to level up another one?

Yeah also being that bops are underpowered due to the ever sell out power creep and things like mek'leth and such aren't even in the game for Klingons so ummm yeah trying to advertise stuff that is substandard and want to use this DR stuff to further TRIBBLE off people who may be wanting to try out the KDF lol. One big reason not many play the KDF or romulans is the fact non-federation factions are never really developing.

My feelings exactly. I've been away for about 12 months give or take and I have returned to see nothing changed. Not surprised really. Seems cross faction missions written from the Federation perspective is the best we can hope for.

As for rolling another character, I just deleted a heap due to how unfriendly this game is to alts. When they make it more friendly for alts I will considering rolling alts again liked I used to.

TBH allowing us to move lock box ships to other characters on the account would be a nice start, along with change of career and species tokens.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There’s a ton of exciting stuff for a Delta Recruit character to do. If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?
    Really? I was under the impression that we were waiting for the event to begin.

Silly me...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »

They made a full-featured Star Trek MMO in two years on a shoestring budget. It wasn't a great game, but with the timetable they had - and they were on a timetable; their choice wasn't between rushing out a bad game or taking their time on a great one; it was between rushing out a bad game or no Star Trek MMO being made, ever, by anyone, because after the disaster that was Perpetual's Star Trek Online, CBS was done and the license was going to be taken away and not given out again.

They then set to work fixing it. They straightened out the endgame economy a bit, added repeatable missions. Their parent company basically failed, their budget got cut, and they were pushed to free-to-play, and they kept fixing things. The game kept getting better.

They switched to the single most generous free-to-play model I've run across. Ignore the lockboxes and the offers of ships and bridge officers and such, because unless you're a hardcore PvPer (and if so, why are you here? STO's PvP sucks. Play something with decent PvP to scratch your PvP itch!), you never have to spend a dime. Want to play the main story? Free. Want to run repeatable endgame content? Free. LotRO gets constant praise for its PvP model, but it demands you buy actual content from it past a certain point in the story. STO? They give away the entire game . You can spend money - and, if you want, rather a lot of it - but you never, never have to. Even playing at the top level requires buying just one $30 ship... that's 2 months of WoW.

Then they put out an expansion with a whole new faction. For free. Another with a level cap increase and hours of new content for everyone. Free. They revamped crafting to be both convenient and useful, for free.

And now? For casual play, I'd place STO as pretty much the best game in the genre. It plays in bite-sized chunks and can be picked up and put down easily. And it's free.

The track record of this team is, "They accomplished something nearly impossible then proceeded to spend years making the mess that impossibility created steadily better over time." Yeah, they've earned my trust.

Cryptic: Please fix queue difficulty curves. That's the one exception to the "steadily getting better."

Nice post...it's utter BS,but a nice post.

You use the word 'free' a lot...let me pull you down to Earth a bit to get your head out of the clouds...there is no such thing as 'free',one way or the other you pay for all this 'free' stuff.

Why do you think they have this event in the first place?Because the game is doing great and business is good?Cryptic/PWE got greedy and players left the game...and now they are begging for new players,in the hope to stem the bleeding.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
    edited March 2015
    Yes. Someone pays for it. That's true. But the payment isn't compelled. You can play every single part of the game without paying anything. They even give away T6 ships for events!

And maybe they're doing this event because they think it'll helo the game? Or be fun to play through, which can encourage people to join or spend a little money? Why is everything a sign of doom with you folks?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes. Someone pays for it. That's true. But the payment isn't compelled. You can play every single part of the game without paying anything. They even give away T6 ships for events!

And maybe they're doing this event because they think it'll help the game? Or be fun to play through, which can encourage people to join or spend a little money? Why is everything a sign of doom with you folks?

There you go you just answered your own question ... if the game needs "help", it's always a bad sign .... Doom ? Dunno ... but certainly a sign for dwindling numbers ...

Have you actually played the Game during the first 2-3 years ... doesn't sound like it ... I see a lot of made-up BS in your Post (especially in the beginning), I never heard of within the 5 years I'm playing this game ...

-> i.E. repeatable Missions didn't exist till 2012 ... you couldn't even replay the Story Episodes ... Reputation & PVE Queue Nonsense was mostly part of Season 7 (added repeatable Missions ???? When ...), not sure what so good about it anyway ... I'd rather have the 6 months back when we got the first 3 FE-SERIES (late 2010 - early 2011)
    -> a new Missions almost every WE was something to look forward too ... grinding Stuff for the 800th Time ... not so much ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited March 2015
    Playable Suliban.
    Nice post...it's utter BS,but a nice post.

You use the word 'free' a lot...let me pull you down to Earth a bit to get your head out of the clouds...there is no such thing as 'free',one way or the other you pay for all this 'free' stuff.

Why do you think they have this event in the first place?Because the game is doing great and business is good?Cryptic/PWE got greedy and players left the game...and now they are begging for new players,in the hope to stem the bleeding.
    There you go you just answered your own question ... if the game needs "help", it's always a bad sign .... Doom ? Dunno ... but certainly a sign for dwindling numbers ...
    ... Yeah.

Stretching. Strrrrretching.

You missed.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Didn't they loose a huge chunk of players after season 6 or 7? After the rep and fleet grind came in?

The problem is their greed, it has gone from making the game fun, to grinding for very little reward. Hell they aren't even cleaver enough to hide the grind in fun content like a lot of other MMO's do, thus making the grind fun while telling a good story at the same time.

If Trek wasn't attached to the name I doubt this game would even continue to be alive. That and my Lifetime membership is the only thing that brings me back for small bouts.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I miss our old Atari overlords. I have 6 toons I barely play. Why would I want to make a 7th? If I wasn't LTS I'm not sure I'd be here anymore. 4 more days of CC event and I'll take my 6*50k Dil and I'll be playing even less. Log on, set some doff missions and R&D, then log off. Hunker down and hope they make the game fun again and let my stipend accrue.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, I for one am looking forward to the event; now I just need to decide how many more alts I'm adding to my existing 23 - I still have 6 free toon slots to use before the free ones are made available :)

wow and I thought I was bad having 30, you just made me feel a whole lot better thank you

still want more info but it is starting to get appealing.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Fascinating history bit...I was the vanguard/first adopter/casual noob of the f2p wave, i.e. I've been here for ~3.25 years, but http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/cryptic-explains-star-trek-onlines-quick-turnaround-time/ is a blast from the past that Nadiezja's post led me to find. The guy on the left is Borticus, who I've only known peripherally via forum posts.
  • picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rofl

There is too much grind already where I haven't even gotten over the frustration of 20+ characters being under level now lol. Why would I bother trying to level up another one?

Yeah also being that bops are underpowered due to the ever sell out power creep and things like mek'leth and such aren't even in the game for Klingons so ummm yeah trying to advertise stuff that is substandard and want to use this DR stuff to further TRIBBLE off people who may be wanting to try out the KDF lol. One big reason not many play the KDF or romulans is the fact non-federation factions are never really developing.

Wasn't the point of DR to stop us from using alts? I honestly figured this season was an attempt to end farming only toons, and now the devs give us a free guaranteed farmer slot?

I agree completely with the quote above. If you want me to develop new toons you can increase the skill point and reputation rewards by a factor of ten. Also, it would be nice if pvp was actually fun again. Or if I could do patrol missions or episodes with my friends and not have it called an exploit. Otherwise...

ROTFL
    :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Nerfing is Fraud...
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited March 2015

They probably have the event because the parent company and shareholders expect consistent growth...just you wouldn't invest in the stock market if you didn't expect it to give out more that you put in, the company would be reticent to support an IP/asset that was not growing the profit somehow.

Some of it may indeed be stemming the loss at this stage in the game's life, but I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility to say that they want to bring in new people in to increase the value/share price in order to keep existing. PWE probably has a hand in setting some form of profitability criteria for Cryptic that has to be met, which would require some gimmicks and such even in a subscription game to grow the playerbase, but which are simply more apparent/blatant because of the f2p model.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What are we waiting for?
    Did they seriously ask that with all the negativty towards it I be surprised if the metrics Cryptic are hoping for will show up. I'm in two minds to do this I have two mains my fed and kdf are played evenly but my rom is seriously lacking but since DR even my KDF is beginning to become more a alt and falling by the wayside. I have stopped the unecessary grind myself and specs points don't matter to me anymore I get them when I get them if I get bored I will take a break. The question I ask myself is making a new toon a fed engineer is it worth it I will have to get to level 50 in a few weeks to get this specilisation skill and do some r&D on that character to get some rewards I want to know what these rewards will be before I do it and even then these rewards need to be worth it not just a silly r&d pack or skill point bonus, also aftereards i will delete the alt rather than him take up space and gather dust
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shelkartshelkart Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Fascinating history bit...I was the vanguard/first adopter/casual noob of the f2p wave, i.e. I've been here for ~3.25 years, but http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/cryptic-explains-star-trek-onlines-quick-turnaround-time/ is a blast from the past that Nadiezja's post led me to find. The guy on the left is Borticus, who I've only known peripherally via forum posts.

STOked reference!

I keep waiting for someone to mention that the new sector space is practically the arrival of "sandwich mode" at last...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The recruiting efforts by Starfleet, the Klingon Defense Force, and the Romulan Republic are ramping up. As the threat of an Iconian war looms over the galaxy, there is great anticipation to see all the new officers captaining starships for these three factions.

Learn more about what we have in store for our new recruits!

~LaughingTrendy

Wow what an awesome blog with some many concrete and interesting infos about the upcoming release.

I’m glad to see that you took your time to precisely answer all those unanswered question of the community which raised over the last blog.

This is contend management and customer relation at its best!

Wait… oh sorry. I logged into the forums of the wrong game.

My bad.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It constantly baffles me how people can post extremely negative (or positive) things on a thing that isnt even life essential...

Youd think by looking at some of these posts that cryptic has personally murdered they family or have given them life itself.

cant imagine the amount of mental energy some of the posters expended in making these novels lol

Looking forward to event, if its BS so be it.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?"

What am I waiting for? I'm waiting for an event where I can participate with my main toon. A season where I don't have to do a new character to advance in story.
    Also, I'm waiting for No-Win Scenario to be readded in game.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Recruits who are at least level 30 get a task to join a Fleet.

is this further endorsement that cryptic want the sto community split into smaller camps?
    besides that i wouldnt know where to start with fleets, i have never looked into it at all since the system was changed a few years back.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • ultimusmagusultimusmagus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "If you haven’t planned on making a Delta Recruit, what are you waiting for?"

What am I waiting for? I'm waiting for an event where I can participate with my main toon. A season where I don't have to do a new character to advance in story.
    Also, I'm waiting for No-Win Scenario to be readded in game.

+1

I don't want to create a new toon just so I can reap whatever benefits are upcoming. Being recruited into Delta should be part of the story, just like being recruited into Omega/MACO was before the reputation revamp. I already have all the alts I want, creating more just for the sake of a few perks or accolades is ridiculous. I want to earn the new perks and accolades on my main, and perhaps one or two existing preferred characters. Those of us that have been playing for years and have plenty of alts already shouldn't be penalized, and/or forgotten.
  • edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Fleetdamirals have picked this Romulan Tactician Ensign Trainee for the coming extra character slot: The Fed Tactics and the Romulan Scientist have been envoying each other for the choice of Bridge Officers and the choice of K6 Science Vessels. Friday they got an invite from the Vulcan Scientist at her Pathfinder and killed two boxes of Romulan Ale. During the lively meeting a master plan was set up that involved all hands:

A crew of 5 top Romulan Operatives was hired as Bridge Officers at the Exchange before prices skyrocket.

3 blue Aux-to-Bat Doffs will do until she hires her own Crew of violet ones from B'Tran, Lt Ferres or a lucky strike elsewhere.

An Aegis Set was built that waits for the new Club member at Level 50 (a full blown Captain-Kim-Set would have been my primary choice, but the defense capabilities of the Aegis Set combined with a Fleet Warp Core should be nice anyway).

A mix of violett MkII Consoles plus Shield, Impulse Drive, Singularity & Defector was manufactured and equipped with TP+ tuned Upgrades but not upgraded: while levelling with the expected expected boost, she can upgrade them for free (Dilithium is already paid by the big cheeses).

A mix of MkII violett Plasma Arrays is in the making (the chance for a [CrtD]x3 is 1:1000, maybe she will start with [CrtD]x2{[CrtH], [Pen] or [Over]} that will get equipped with RP+ tuned Omega Upgrades - they also grow for free while levelling and have a nice 40% chance for a rarity proc.

As all that manufatcured stuff is account bound, the considerable investment into the Beam Arrays will remain in active game, should Operation Catriona fail: either the Romulan Scientist replaces her Romulan Plasma Arrays, or the Fed Ones give them a try :)
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nice post...it's utter BS,but a nice post...
    I usually ignore these sort of conversations, but for some reason I feel like popping in... And really, truly, nadiezja has it right. It's not BS. Maybe a little on glass-half-full side, but essentially he's right on.

The game started rough, but ok. Got better. Then got stagnant when it's parent company, Atari, had financial troubles. Eventually PW bought Cryptic from Atari, and none should deny that the game has steadily expanded over the years since F2P.

nadiezja is 100% right that ZERO DOLLARS need be spent to play ALL CONTENT in this game. And if a player puts in some grind, they can even get top-tier ships (T6) and gear (Mk XIV). For FREE. :eek:

Even MOST of the premium stuff is available for free if a player is willing to spend time playing the game (through the Exchanges).

It's pretty neat, really. How can anyone deny that?

Sure, there are all sorts of time shortcuts and hooks to get you to spend money. There's no doubt. But hey, it's a business, they gotta keep the hamsters fed, and maybe have a little extra for the stockholders. We should be HAPPY when the game makes money (I am).

I will further concede that over the last several months (since the DR Expansion), the game makers are adding additional pressure points to make it feel like you need to spend money, but when I play my characters, I can still get 5-8k dil a day pretty easily doing whatever I want (maybe not the same way I used to, but it's there...), so if you're wise and can adapt, it's not BAD (sure, yes, I would like more XP, but I'm not having a fit about it, lol, ok maybe a little). :)

As for the comments that the CE event is a sign of the game's collapse? Wha?!? You do know they've run the CE before, right? Several times... They do that. They cycle through events all year long, sometimes repeating old ones (like this CE), other times making new ones (like Delta Recruitment). Yes, it's a plan to keep/add players, but it's not cuz the game's going down (or at least I certainly doubt it), just always good to give your players things to do. >shrug<

Anyway, the thing I don't understand is all the people who grip so vehemently about this game... If you don't like it, stop playing... I don't mean permanently, take a break (I've taken a couple-three 1-6mo breaks over the years), when you come back there will be all sorts of new things to do. Go to another game, find out the grass isn't always greener (or maybe it is >shrug<), go have fun with friends, get some exercise, have a sundae. :P

It's a game people. It's supposed to be FUN.

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • serhatgs1905serhatgs1905 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How about making lobi ships and items and R&D promo pack ships available account wide if you allready own the ship?!!

How about making doffs/boffs depending on faction be account wide instead of bound to character?

Sure i'll make 1 more rom tac heck maybe even 2 just for another "get 50k dil" award and the "bonus" with this delta toon account wide (which I'm betting is faction bound aswell) so you'll need to make 3 new toons .. .no worries I'll grind the 50k dil reward events with 10 toons get half a million Dil convert into zen buy some free stuff if I EVER FEEL LIKE PLAYING) lol

grind - Lag - grind - account bound - grind - character bound - grind - lag - Disconnect - Grind - Lag - ooh new dps record - lag - grind - account bound - grind - character bound - lag ... oooh new dps record... this about sums it up what i've been experiencing the last few months...

anyway... We'll see what happens.;)
    tactics? to pew pew or not to pew pew?!