test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Im tired of AP getting everything (including unfixed exploit)

Comments

• shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    truewarper wrote: »
    Sir, do you have any idea, how long it took me to obtain that build?

Do you?

Do you?

Your idea is not warranted.

Good day.

doesn't matter. if ur running the 3 Omni arrays ur taking advantage of a probably unaccounted for exploit. if they take it apart, well, that's their prerogative. id bet it pretty much says so in TOS.

on the flip side they may never fix it.

just another give to make antiproton king of the game.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    doesn't matter. if ur running the 3 Omni arrays ur taking advantage of a probably unaccounted for exploit. if they take it apart, well, that's their prerogative. id bet it pretty much says so in TOS.

on the flip side they may never fix it.

just another give to make antiproton king of the game.

Still spouting ignorance, I see, despite all the facts logic and commentary trying to correct you on your false notion.

*sigh*...
    edited March 2015
    Everyone crying over this AP Torp would of kept their mouths shut if the Torp was of an energy weapon type they use.

Thats what this all boils down to. Its not their flavor energy type so theyre angry about it.

what it boils down to is the last 2 major weapon rewards (Omni array and now the torp) have been AP. and like I said in original post. the higher dps builds are all a cookie cutter AP build. why? if AP isn't the ruler of the day why are they all AP?
    edited March 2015
    Still spouting ignorance, I see, despite all the facts logic and commentary trying to correct you on your false notion.

*sigh*...

uve been corrected several times.

if I had to guess im attacking ur precious AP build and you don't like it. contribute something valuable. or not at all.

ur just trying to be a troll.
    edited March 2015
    again, *sigh*... your petulance is borderline psychotic at this point. You are nothing but a bad troll. Not even a good one, just a bad one. I'm done with your willful ignorance.
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what it boils down to is the last 2 major weapon rewards (Omni array and now the torp) have been AP. and like I said in original post. the higher dps builds are all a cookie cutter AP build. why? if AP isn't the ruler of the day why are they all AP?

Antiproton is "optimal", but other damage types are still very much usable if one builds for it. The reason that Antiproton is considered "optimal" is because it is merely the "path of least resistance".
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    AP isn’t OP. Or, should I say, EVERY weapon type can be OP if built correctly (weapons + consoles + traits + skills). Perhaps before demanding that AP is OP we should consider your build?

A problem with AP is that there is never a situation, given same access to gear, where AP isn't the answer. Moar dakka is always the right answer and moar dakka is what AP is.

Take the Crystalline Entity. Any energy type that deals with power, shields, or subsytems effectively has no proc against it.

If you've got a target that can spam DoT clearing effects Plasma is out a proc.

If the target can spam debuff clearing effects then Disruptor suffers the same fate.

How many things can't be subject to critical hits? AP always works.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Shinnok, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're ranting at something for made up reasons.

Not only are you wrong (not inaccurate, just flat-out wrong) about AP getting "everything" and having an unfixed exploit, but you are falsely assigning AP as the top standard that all other weapons must aspire toward.

Different weapons types have different procs. Phaser? Chance for subsystem disable (nerfed into oblivion). Tetryon? Chance to strip a chunk of shields away (totally useless since NPCs regen shields so fast and have millions of hp). Polaron? Chance to drain subsystem power (pretty small effect, in most cases, but not useless). Disruptor? Debuff damage resistance, so that damge goes UP (if you understand game mechanics, this is a very good proc). Plasma? Direct-to-hull plasma burn that NPCs don't clear and it stacks (this is decent, if you build purely for it). Some hybrids combine the best of both worlds, like RomPlas (disruptor debuff and plasma burn!).

What's the proc on AP? When you crit, that crit will be for a little more than before. Crits already default to 150% of normal. So the proc on AP is to make that 160% of normal when you crit.

In short, this game has become a massive grind over the years.. Who am I kidding? It's jumped to PLAID levels of grind in the past few months alone. Damage is king. Ap does slightly more damage. That's its proc. If you gear your entire ship and entire build to this, you can take small advantage of it.

This is why AP is king. The proc is just, simply, "more damage."

Not heaps more, but "more."

There's nothing OP about it. There's nothing exploitive about it. Get your facts straight and quit jumping on hate bandwagons until you know wtf you're talking about. Thank you.

Problem I have with Rom plasma is you can only buy them with crtDx2 but yeah, other then that I do like them.
    The corrosives can get up to crtDx4 I believe...
    In any event, I bought one with 60% crtD ... I like em a bit better then the Rom plasma variety.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Problem I have with Rom plasma is you can only buy them with crtDx2 but yeah, other then that I do like them.
    The corrosives can get up to crtDx4 I believe...
    In any event, I bought one with 60% crtD ... I like em a bit better then the Rom plasma variety.

u can only buy rom plasma with crtdx2? really. soo the accx2 I bought a long time ago don't exist?
    edited March 2015
    u can only buy rom plasma with crtdx2? really. soo the accx2 I bought a long time ago don't exist?

What he was saying is that the extra ability that Romulan Plasma has over standard Plasma eats up a mod slot, so you can't get CrtDx3, only CrtDx2.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    If and only IF

you are running 80% CritD phasers

verses

against 100% CritD antiprotons

That is what all these posters are saying is correct when they say antiprotons are only slightly overpowered

The procs on weapons are only useful when everyone on your team is using the same weapon type

add in the 3 bonus anti proton Omni beam arrays add in the new antiproton torp that will maintain damage of losing a weapon for gaining power 9 power back from removing that weapon
    replacing it with a 1 power to arm torpedo

The balance is moved even farther away

Add in the huge amount of crit chance you get from Romulans and then all of the items you can add for more crit chance and its plain to see why anti protons are the most OP weapon in the game and CritD the best proc

Then add SS3.............

If your using fleet weapons or rep weapons then compared to a crafted weapon your DPS is pretty low compared to a crafted weapon taking advantage of the CritD/CritH bonuses

Well now........... OH MY
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited March 2015
    Nothing you described is specific to AP. Roms with absurd critH are still going to reap great rewards with romplas or disruptor. The end result is a few % points of dps at the highest echelon. Crying that they're OP is not factual.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    truewarper wrote: »
    Sir, do you have any idea, how long it took me to obtain that build?

Do you?

Do you?

Your idea is not warranted.

Good day.

do you know how much ive spent on builds and ships over the 5 yrs the game has been live? how many times ive had more junk thats not viable shortly after attaining it ?? And im not rich by any means with the game currency. having to rebuild constantly trying to make my playstyle viable . there used to be alot of other viable builds for energy types in the game , its gotten to the point of go Crit D or go home . which make alot of weapons not very useful , i think there needs to be another pass to make all these different types more even playing field .
    edited March 2015
    Nothing you described is specific to AP. Roms with absurd critH are still going to reap great rewards with romplas or disruptor. The end result is a few % points of dps at the highest echelon. Crying that they're OP is not factual.

Most people do not understand how OP the crafting system is or how to use it

and yes it is a fact as I pointed out

edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »

Most people do not understand how OP the crafting system is or how to use it

This is the biggest crock of TRIBBLE I've heard. With how many things have to be crafted to get a couple that have good mods, the crafting system is weak, and it will be until we get the capability to choose what mods we create things with.
    edited March 2015
    quepan wrote: »
    do you know how much ive spent on builds and ships over the 5 yrs the game has been live? how many times ive had more junk thats not viable shortly after attaining it ?? And im not rich by any means with the game currency. having to rebuild constantly trying to make my playstyle viable . there used to be alot of other viable builds for energy types in the game , its gotten to the point of go Crit D or go home . which make alot of weapons not very useful , i think there needs to be another pass to make all these different types more even playing field .

If crtdx4 is the standard mod these days crth has gotten too easy to get and defense is too low on the NPCs.

The other procs all fire off at a measly 2.5%. Compared to the 20-30% crit chance that seems standard these days the y either need to come up or crth needs to come down.
  • baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    If and only IF

you are running 80% CritD phasers

verses

against 100% CritD antiprotons

That is what all these posters are saying is correct when they say antiprotons are only slightly overpowered

The procs on weapons are only useful when everyone on your team is using the same weapon type

add in the 3 bonus anti proton Omni beam arrays add in the new antiproton torp that will maintain damage of losing a weapon for gaining power 9 power back from removing that weapon
    replacing it with a 1 power to arm torpedo

The balance is moved even farther away

Add in the huge amount of crit chance you get from Romulans and then all of the items you can add for more crit chance and its plain to see why anti protons are the most OP weapon in the game and CritD the best proc

Then add SS3.............

If your using fleet weapons or rep weapons then compared to a crafted weapon your DPS is pretty low compared to a crafted weapon taking advantage of the CritD/CritH bonuses

Well now........... OH MY

So this is the new attitude? When something is bugged we cry OP?

Yeah real credible.
    edited March 2015
    gamer940 wrote: »
    This is the biggest crock of TRIBBLE I've heard. With how many things have to be crafted to get a couple that have good mods, the crafting system is weak, and it will be until we get the capability to choose what mods we create things with.

This is what I mean

yesterday I made 2 full auto rifles took me about 100 mk2 rifles to get them

A disruptor rifle went epic got crtDx4/crtH/dmg

A AP went epic got crtDx4/crtH

both started as CrtDx3 mk2s

edited March 2015
    I am using disruptors,plasma.Nice damage,why go like the rest with AP..ap are boring,If you dont wanna break some dps record play with weapons that you like...

But OP has a point here,maybe is time to change to something else then AP as favorite weapon in game..:)

What the "Anti-Antiproton" people fail to mention is that Antiproton being "king" is a fairly recent development. Until the new crafting system, the really hardcore DPS players didn't use Antiproton because they couldn't get CrtDx3 unless they went with the special ones like Voth or Fluidic (the ones that don't get the inherent +20 severity).
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be fair, AP doesn't need more shinies, its already the "only" energy weapon type that gets to play around with 2x Omni-Directional antiproton beams.
    And it certainly does not need an exclusive torpedo added to the bunch.

you mean THREE omni beams.
    edited March 2015
    sonnikku wrote: »
    you mean THREE omni beams.

But they don't get crtdx4 for mods so they don't exist, or something.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not only are you wrong (not inaccurate, just flat-out wrong) about AP getting "everything" and having an unfixed exploit
    I want to hear more about this exploit.

As in, what is it?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want to hear more about this exploit.

As in, what is it?
    You do realize it was outright stated if you read through the thread?
  • jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    gamer940 wrote: »
    What the "Anti-Antiproton" people fail to mention is that Antiproton being "king" is a fairly recent development. Until the new crafting system, the really hardcore DPS players didn't use Antiproton because they couldn't get CrtDx3 unless they went with the special ones like Voth or Fluidic (the ones that don't get the inherent +20 severity).

Not really. I remember just before DR hit, Fleet AP was setting the records - until people realized tet consoles buffed tet cascade, and runs powered by 8-12k tet cascades held the record.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not really. I remember just before DR hit, Fleet AP was setting the records - until people realized tet consoles buffed tet cascade, and runs powered by 8-12k tet cascades held the record.

Fleet weps in general need a major overhaul/buff; but that''s probably a discussion for another time.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited March 2015

Before the Locators came out and people started building crit chance and going CrtDx3 on everything, yeah. For a while there, Disruptor and Plasma were Kings of the Hill.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So this is the new attitude? When something is bugged we cry OP?

Yeah real credible.

If we cry something bugged is OP there's a chance it will be nerfed because nerfing is what Cryptic does best. But if we cry something bugged is in fact bugged nothing will happen. Cryptic sparingly fixes bugs.

Gotta' play to your (their?) strengths.
  • antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I made a thread about phasers not being worth a TRIBBLE. i dont know who at criptic loves anti-proton but i wish they would just quit. "set anti-proton to stun mister spock!"...
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The classic faction weapons MUST be balanced with whatever new shiny they throw at us.

Phasers, Disruptors, and Plasma all need the same love as Antiproton or what have you.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."