test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg adapting to TR--116B, need new weapon for Defera

trekymindtrekymind Member Posts: 39 Arc User
There was me thinking a kinetic rifle would be immune to Borg adaptation. But apparently not. Yet I do seem to remember people saying it would be immune, hence why I bought one to do a few accolades on Defera. Disappointed now :(.

Best weapon for Defera then please.

Regards
Jeff
Post edited by trekymind on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    trekymind wrote: »
    There was me thinking a kinetic rifle would be immune to Borg adaptation. But apparently not. Yet I do seem to remember people saying it would be immune, hence why I bought one to do a few accolades on Defera. Disappointed now :(.

Best weapon for Defera then please.

Regards
    Jeff

Did you by chance have Cryo Immobilizer Module as trait? The Borg don't adapt to kinetic, but they DO adapt to additional effects.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Cryo_Immobilizer_Module
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Borg cannot adapt to the tr116b. Are you sure that's happening? This weapon bypasses all shields and like melee can't be adapted. If that is really what you saw, it is a bug. However, I wonder if you were just seeing something else they were adapting to, while your tr116b was still shooting just fine?
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Did you by chance have Cryo Immobilizer Module as trait? The Borg don't adapt to kinetic, but they DO adapt to additional effects.

Yes, what he said. Once I spotted that, I turned off that trait. Of course, it makes no difference to the kinetic damage the TR116B does so you really shouldn't worry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • trekymindtrekymind Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Curious. I will do some testing. Haven't got Cryo Immobilizer Module trait active, I did check though :).

It did appear to have the graphic 'adapted' when I landed a hit and I didn't appear to be doing as much damage as normal.

I will update in a few.

Regards
    Jeff
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    trekymind wrote: »
    Curious. I will do some testing. Haven't got Cryo Immobilizer Module trait active, I did check though :).

It did appear to have the graphic 'adapted' when I landed a hit and I didn't appear to be doing as much damage as normal.

I will update in a few.

Regards
    Jeff

If the borg adapt to something, the damage done will be 1 unit per shot. Also, under your name/headshot thing on the left of the screen a small icon will appear which will say "They've adapted!" and tell you what damage the borg have adapted to when you hover your mouse pointer over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Best weapons for defera are fists and feet (sweeping strikes), swords and mines.
    The weak defera borgse die too fast to these to spend significant more time contemplating about it.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd suggest to get used to them adapting once in awhile and get yourself a remodulator.

The borg aren't supposed to be an enemy you can just mindlessly shoot your way through.

there is a rep trait which slows adaptation which is pretty darned OP though. maybe try that.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ^ The whole point of the rifle is that it bypasses shields, which means there's nothing to adapt to.

@OP: If you have no additional passive effects active, I'd submit a bug report. That's definitely bugged.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i use the zephy shotgun, nothing adapts to that coolness :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you a tac using plasma grenades? They adapt to those. Check your passives and the skills that you're using.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Are you a tac using plasma grenades? They adapt to those. Check your passives and the skills that you're using.
    yeah, each of the "they've adapted" boxes will say what the adaptation was to. They adapt to lots of things now, they can even adapt to orbital strike!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg