test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All of a sudden my ship's stations are empty (again)?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
Came into game, dove into Crystal event and OOPS, no boff abilities. Quite a pleasant surprise. (Well geared so only an annoyance but still..)

Anyone else have this? I know it happened at least once or twice before during patches...I did keep a list of the BOFFS for my main, but I'm going to have to do some homework for my alts.

I do hope this was an unavoidable problem...my worry is that its not the first time its happened...I carefuilly research and train my Boffs then...POOF, I have to do it again. Oh well, I always wanted to see the new Boff system in action.
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• sheepsshipsheepsship Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes, it happens, but you don't loose any BOFF or BOFF skills, you just have to spend 1 min to adjust your BOFFS to the correct station. And if you realize it before you enter the battle you can adjust it like I said.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First thing is to go to system space. (any system will do) Don't do the below on the ground or in Sector Space.

Next, make sure your BOffs are slotted into their stations. Slotting them should put most of your tray buttons back. For the rest, press 'P' and manually drag any missing powers into position.

Once you have everything the way you want, Press 'U', go to the Loadout tab (below your ship picture), and Save the loadout.

Don't know if it's 100% necessary, but I also logged out and logged back in to make sure it "sticks". Hope that helps.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ship loadouts now store the stations including the selected skills.

Set things up the way you want, save to a loadout.

When your boffs all head off to Risa to relax, load that saved loadout and they will re-appear.

Just remember to keep saving to the loadout after every change to ship gear, stations, and boff power selection.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    First thing is to go to system space. (any system will do) Don't do the below on the ground or in Sector Space.

Next, make sure your BOffs are slotted into their stations. Slotting them should put most of your tray buttons back. For the rest, press 'P' and manually drag any missing powers into position.

Once you have everything the way you want, Press 'U', go to the Loadout tab (below your ship picture), and Save the loadout.

Don't know if it's 100% necessary, but I also logged out and logged back in to make sure it "sticks". Hope that helps.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work. And I'm pretty sure that's the first thing many players did, hoping to finally get rid of this annoying, random bug, only to discover it did nothing.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It drops off the boffs everytime I go into an activity. Sometimes I can click on my saved setup, but really, why does it keep doing it? Really, please test stuff before implementing it Cryptic.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Mine has done it a couple of times. However its not a big deal. I just click the stations and seat the Boffs. And go on as the tray is still the same once they sit. However if I have to do it often as I play. Then its a problem.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ship loadouts now store the stations including the selected skills.

This is true - but I have also noticed that all my ground abilities keep resetting to defaults (not that loadouts should really include the Away Team setup, but still).

Another thing to remember is that if you're ever flying a different spaceship as part of an episode mission - e.g. the carrier or science destroyer - your officers will all become unassigned, so make sure you save your loadout before doing any mission where that happens.
    Vulcans are MEAN
    edited March 2015
    System working or not ( in my case more not than working) theres no real reason for this sort of bug making in out to prime time. Seriously, wheres the QC dept?
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Press 'U', go to the Loadout tab (below your ship picture), and Save the loadout.
    Personally, I found this issue happened with far more frequency when I was using the loadout system than when I just ignored it.

I'm not going to risk saving even a single loadout on the most recent ship I started flying. That way, it'll only happen once or twice per week, instead of once or twice per day, assuming I even play every day.

And, as a bonus, I won't have my loadouts magically swap every time I load into a STF, or better yet, swap to a default I don't even have saved to one of my loadout slots.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
    edited March 2015
    Personally, I found this issue happened with far more frequency when I was using the loadout system than when I just ignored it.

I'm not going to risk saving even a single loadout on the most recent ship I started flying. That way, it'll only happen once or twice per week, instead of once or twice per day, assuming I even play every day.

And, as a bonus, I won't have my loadouts magically swap every time I load into a STF, or better yet, swap to a default I don't even have saved to one of my loadout slots.

really? I've not had any issues with the loadout system, since they supposedly 'patched' this issue.

I don't like not being able to delete them, understand, but at least you can overwrite and rename them. I don't think having saved loadouts for a ship has any effect on the chances of boffs disappearing from their stations - a caveat to that, however, is that I've never used any more than the two default loadout slots for any ship, so if you are that might have something to do with it.
    Vulcans are MEAN
    edited March 2015
    infydel wrote: »
    a caveat to that, however, is that I've never used any more than the two default loadout slots for any ship, so if you are that might have something to do with it.
    Nor have I. But the system still kept defaulting to some third, undefined loadout; the issue was that it wouldn't properly unequip something I dragged off the paper doll, and instead kept trying to re-equip those pieces if they were present in my inventory.
  • therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh. WAIT!

DId they still not fix this since STO's release? How unexpected. *ehum*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Nor have I. But the system still kept defaulting to some third, undefined loadout; the issue was that it wouldn't properly unequip something I dragged off the paper doll, and instead kept trying to re-equip those pieces if they were present in my inventory.

that's weird, because - as far as I can tell - it shouldn't ever try to reload a loadout unless you're clicking on one. I periodically have one that's a bit out of sync with what I'm using - say, I've replaced an overload with a fire at will for a specific fight, and never needed to swap it back - and I've never had it replace the changed ability back to the original.

one other thing, though, is that I always make a point of saving loadouts in space, since saving them from the ground doesn't save boff abilities, etc.
    Vulcans are MEAN
    edited March 2015
    that's weird, because - as far as I can tell - it shouldn't ever try to reload a loadout unless you're clicking on one.
    The issue I described only affected the gear portion of the loadout.
    one other thing, though, is that I always make a point of saving loadouts in space, since saving them from the ground doesn't save boff abilities, etc.
    That's certainly a good suggestion. So too is right clicking to unequip an item instead of dragging it off the doll.

It's possible that the issue I was having was fixed; I haven't changed a space gear piece in quite awhile now, and at this point I always right click to remove it.

I don't see any reason to even check if it's been fixed; as I said, I don't change gear often. In general, the loadout system does not offer me any utility.
    edited March 2015
    They can't figure out how to fix the damn thing permanently. Every time they think they got it fixed a new patch gets added and the damn bug is back because something else broke.

And thats the danger faced when people try to fix things that werent broken to begin with. Never had any problems with equipment and boffs until they tried to mKe an improvement.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, at this point, I more or less consider the Loadout system to be a failure.

I've tried to get a few friends back into the game, but this issue and trying to explain how to 'cope' with it simply drove them away before actually getting their foot into the new content.

I notice the issue tends to rear its head more often when I log a character off on ground, but it's started to creep into bridge officer abilities as well where I'll beam down to a ground mission/battlezone and my medic will suddenly be equiped with random things(old abilities they had when I first got them) like stasis field and hyposprays instead of actual heals or spec abilities.