What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Jem'Hadar Attack Ship

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Statutes Statues, potato potato. lmao woops

Ok, I'll let it slide this time :P
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Try reading the EULA and the agreement you electronically sign when you agreed to download and play this time.

As I said before, EULA and ToS are contracts and have to be agreed both sides. In case of Cryptic is that still a signed copy of that contract. Sadly, I am still waiting for it, so this agreement is NOT valid.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Keep fighting over the details, Cryptic can add as many ships as they want into the game, you do not have to purchase it!.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Have a look at the JHSS again, check its stats again and then ask yourself: Do I actually want this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    js26568 wrote: »
    Have a look at the JHSS again, check its stats again and then ask yourself: Do I actually want this?

No one wants it... its junk. People will spend money on it though cause it will be one of the few ships you know will not be always on tap. People are predictable, slap limited edition on anything and people pony up.

Still hard to swallow the deceptive advertising practices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    For the longest time, in this thread, I argued along the same lines. But now I'm beginning to see that maybe holding them to 'T6 Capable', whist things like T5-U hadn't been clearly defined yet, is a wee unreasonable on my end.

I stlll, btw, absolutely stand by what I said about what 'T6 Capable' means, by today's standards. But for when it was released, I can see how there must have been a grey area. And it's always good not to assume malice, when a far more reasonable explanation is prevalent.

The man explained it, apologized for it, and changed the wording. Case Closed for me.

The lack of T5U designation is exactly what makes this so criminal. The only way to properly identify the tier it would actually become, at the time, was to say that it could not do everything tier 6 could. They did the exact opposite of that.
  • x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2015

They stretched out the nose of the JHAS a little and called it a new ship.
    The new additions should have been added to the original JHAS like they said it would
    Instead of selling it as a new ship.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It took an official apology just to get the same point they made for the T5U/T6 Intrepid/Pathfinder drama across to the JHAS playerbase.

So now the case is closed, for better or worse.

On the bright side, those just needing the JHAS for frigate pets can now get them a bit more cheaply.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No matter how polished and well presented response the EP gives it does not change the following;

Once again you try and deal with this wwwaaayyy after the horse has bolted, found a mate and had many generations of offspring.

You cover up your failings to suit you.

But the biggest point is you never learn and avoid repeating your failings. If this happened less often or even once I'd give you a lot more credit but no you do this like it's second nature and worse still the community seems willing to pay regardless. You then feel it's okay to keep doing it and be paid for it and while the community continues to express their displeasure they reward you for your, let's face it, incompetence and lack of remorse.

True you've only just taken over but this failing streak has lasted a long, long time and something tells me it will continue to do so. This on top of this choosing this path of negative actions and relentlessly carrying on means there's even less postivity about STO but unless the community as a whole refuses to give you money, you'll do this stunt again and again.

Judging from the spam I'd say you'll have no problems repeating this and the community will 'love it'. You'll do what suits you at the time and if it turns out to be the wrong thing I'm sure you'll change it.
    edited March 2015
    The price of the JHAS has dropped 50% to 250m overnight :mad:
    WqFWUHg.png
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    x1c3c0ldx wrote: »
    The price of the JHAS has dropped 50% to 250m overnight :mad:

Don't panic, it won't be dropping too far. There's only a limited amount of Jem Hadar Attack Ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
    edited March 2015
    Don't panic, it won't be dropping too far. There's only a limited amount of Jem Hadar Attack Ships.

But i doubt it will retain its 450/500m stat at the exchange now that the strike ship has surpassed it.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    x1c3c0ldx wrote: »
    But i doubt it will retain its 450/500m stat at the exchange now that the strike ship has surpassed it.

The only reason either of them is worth anything is the limited edition tag. If they where always on tap they would be worth 60-80m.

The only value the old version is going to have to anyone will be as a cheaper way to unlock some hanger pets for the jem carrier.

While the promo is on I'm sure most people will dump any of the old ones they where still hording.

If your worried about it hold the old ones... and dump them in around the 300-350 mil mark in 4-5 months before the next promo is announced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited March 2015

If your worried about it hold the old ones... and dump them in around the 300-350 mil mark in 4-5 months before the next promo is announced.

It seems there is no other way.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If people wish to lodge a concern, do as many others have regarding their business practices along with all evidence regarding this matter to here:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623

Let their customer service deal with it along with the many others.
  • mrsednamrsedna Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    If people wish to lodge a concern, do as many others have regarding their business practices along with all evidence regarding this matter to here:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623

Done.Posted screenshots and everything .
    edited March 2015

Thanks for the address
    WqFWUHg.png
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Better yet , look at the bigger picture of Cryptic reselling all the Lockbox ships again and again and again .

... then ask yourself , do I really want this ... so that they can get more voice actors and remove more content , while I can run ISA in a T6 , T7 , T8 , T9 Bug ship ?
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Off topic a little, but damn. Some of the stuff that PWE/Cryptic customers in the US allegedly deal with is almost beyond belief.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • mrsednamrsedna Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Better yet , look at the bigger picture of Cryptic reselling all the Lockbox ships again and again and again .

... then ask yourself , do I really want this ... so that they can get more voice actors and remove more content , while I can run ISA in a T6 , T7 , T8 , T9 Bug ship ?

They will make "new ships" for all lockbox ships.
    Originally they had to upgrade them all to t6 but they thought "heck we better sell the upgrades after all our customers are idiots" .
  • sal1111sal1111 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Make sure you save all your lobi from opening boxes everyone...

Cause here is a little tip that will TRIPLE your DPS.

Spend the money on the Corrosive plasma Torpedo / Bounty Hunters friend / And shockwave mine.

Cause the 3 piece is highly broken. Make sure you load; 3 science skills up..... cause if you run that 3 piece every time you activate any shield heal (science team / TSS / EPTS)... you will reduce the cool downs on EVERYTHING... consoles / captain powers / other skills.

With that set and 3 shield heal skills... you can have everything at global including your captain skills.

Cause having Alpha up at all times is fun.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wanted to take a moment to respond to the concerns over the blog text from last year that mentioned that the T5 Jem’Hadar Attack Ship would be upgradable to T6 capability. That blog was originally written and released before the introduction of the concept of T5-U ships, so while we meant it could get upgraded to T5-U we couldn’t outright mention this new type of ship at that time. When we released the chart that explained which ships would receive the free upgrade to T5-U, the Jem’Hadar Attack Ship was listed among their ranks. We will be correcting the incorrect text from the original blog, and I would like to personally apologize for the misinformation.

I hope I’ve helped to clear things up, and I will continue to work towards improving our communication with everyone in the community.

Stephen Ricossa
    Executive Producer

Hi...while this one personally has not affected me, there have been multiple instances in which what we were told prior to DR and what actually happened failed to line up in major ways. One of the other critical instances has to do with the STF's, in which there was not in fact equivalency between old Elite and new Advanced. This pattern has been a deep, deep disappointment to me and many other players.

While it will take time to rebuild any faith I might have had that we are being told the truth, what I do appreciate seeing here is your personal accountability here. It is a positive sign to see that even though this occurred under the prior EP, you have acknowledged it and taken personal responsibility.

It will take time to heal the damage that has happened to this community in the wake of Delta Rising and all of the broken systems and broken promises. As for me, before I even begin to consider spending any money again, I will need to see what happens when we actually start to see projects that you have spearheaded; I recognize that for better or worse, that time has not come yet. I expect the time to see the impact of your actions is a few months out, and as Picard said to Gul Macet, I'll be watching.

But if the actions are proven over the next SEVERAL months to align with the words that you have been consistent on since taking your new position, and if we see major issues like XP definitively addressed and the pattern of nerf after nerf brought to an end, then there could be a chance.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    People like you have been making that prediction for 5 years and it hasn't proven true yet. But be patient, nothing lasts forever. That's the beauty of doom predictions. They are self fulfilling prophecies that eventually come true. Then you'll be able to pat yourself on the back and bask in the the glow of your ego while looking for the next game you can make doom posts about.
    Yes, the IP does a strong job of keeping this game limping along.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cryptic never forced anyone to spend $$$ to get the original bugship. prices were entirely controlled by the player economy.

Would you expect ferrari to give you a new car because your 3 year old model has been superceded?

The amount of genital-waving in this thread is more entertaining than anything i have seen on the forums in some time.

What amuses me even more is there are a number of posters in this thread who havent used their own prior aruguments in this case because it effects them directly. Namely,. the outcry from a number of people about the availability of the Undine box ships , saying starfleet would have never got hold of them, obtained them etc etc. Whats different about this new strike ship? its a BRAND NEW dominion ship, and we havent had any remotely relevant dominion content released. how in the name of heck did the feds, kds and rommies get hold of them?

Get over yourselves, if you chose to pay $$$ real money for virtual pixels that is your choice. new stuff always replaces older stuff

many of the arguemnts presented by the detractors in this thread stink of "waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa someone will have a better ship than me now and i cant afford the new one waaaaaaaa".
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cryptic never forced anyone to spend $$$ to get the original bugship. prices were entirely controlled by the player economy.

Would you expect ferrari to give you a new car because your 3 year old model has been superceded?

The amount of genital-waving in this thread is more entertaining than anything i have seen on the forums in some time.

What amuses me even more is there are a number of posters in this thread who havent used their own prior aruguments in this case because it effects them directly. Namely,. the outcry from a number of people about the availability of the Undine box ships , saying starfleet would have never got hold of them, obtained them etc etc. Whats different about this new strike ship? its a BRAND NEW dominion ship, and we havent had any remotely relevant dominion content released. how in the name of heck did the feds, kds and rommies get hold of them?

Get over yourselves, if you chose to pay $$$ real money for virtual pixels that is your choice. new stuff always replaces older stuff

many of the arguemnts presented by the detractors in this thread stink of "waaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa someone will have a better ship than me now and i cant afford the new one waaaaaaaa".

Okay, except in this specific instance, there is this:
    "With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost.

And changing the rules (or words), after the fact, after people spent their money believing that statement to be true, does not change their responsibility to honor their words.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited March 2015

No I wouldn't. The point I have made in this thread and elsewhere is this:

You already own a ferrari.
    You also know that ferrari is absolutely set on releasing a new version every 2 months with fractionally more horsepower or larger fluffy dice.

Now would you keep buying new ferraris every 2 months?

There may be one or two people that would say yes to that question (and who have more money than sense). Most would say 'hell no' and stick with the original car they already purchased.

However, if ferrari came to you and offered you an engine upgrade or some replacement fluffy dice for your original car you might actually buy them...

This isn't about entitlement. This is about trying to come to a sustainable business model where Cryptic can monetise STO, and keep the lights on. The current wave after wave of new +1 ships and outclassing of older versions with total loss of investment is NOT sustainable.

Not at the rate at which STO is losing its whale players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not at the rate at which STO is losing its whale players.

Delude yourself that no-one is interested all you like, but if you were to login and play the game, you'd soon see that people are 'winning' the ship every 20 seconds or so. (It was every 4 seconds when the server came back up), so people are spending one heck of a lot of Zen of R&D packs.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    you'd soon see that people are 'winning' the ship every 20 seconds or so.
    It's brand new, and only available for a temporary time frame.

A large percentage of the playerbase is likely chasing this thing.

Any rational person should be buying all the upgrade accelerators they can afford.

If that spam keeps up through the weekend, you're probably right then that the whales haven't been leaving in any appreciable amount. Unless they dropped in just to grab this one thing.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    gonalius wrote: »
    Delude yourself that no-one is interested all you like, but if you were to login and play the game, you'd soon see that people are 'winning' the ship every 20 seconds or so. (It was every 4 seconds when the server came back up), so people are spending one heck of a lot of Zen of R&D packs.

Theres a group of players that believe that those '[Insert @name here] has won [Insert Lockbox Ship here]' are not actually real. That theyre designed to randomly pull players names and insert them into the announcement hoping to drive up the sales of keys and now R&D Boxes.

If youre constantly bombarded with the image of players all around winning constantly then it could possibly influence you to believe your chances of winning are just as high. Its been proven that when people hear something often enough. They tend to start believing it even though there has been no factual evidence presented to them. Heresay can easily become fact to someone if theyre bombarded with it enough.
This discussion has been closed.