test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm utterly sick and tired of.....

shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
bleeding lag issues.

It just makes the game completely unenjoyable. This is NOT an "I quit" thread, but I'm seriously getting near the end of my tether with it,

And the next thing you know, some one will chime in on this thread with "I'm fine, so it's you". No. I'm not saying it's a server issue. I'm not saying there's a problem with other people's routing.

I'm saying that enough people have been complaining about the various connection lag issues for long enough for there to even be an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that an issue may or may not exist, rather than some muppet banging on in the network issues forum about his "silicon valley connection" being fine. Well, big-ups your chest for living there. I don't care about your connection.

Let's be honest, it's obvious there's a problem at certain times from the number of threads from people in different locations around the world.

And I'm not saying it's PWE or the dev's fault: I'm saying that it's not like I can ring up Cogent and have a go at them about dropped bloody packets.

This is a game that requires online play. If a large number of your customer base has a bobbins connection through no fault of there own, then you're up the creek and the paddles about to go over the side of the canoe.

AAAAND breath out.

/rant
giphy.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's not lag. It's a feature. The players love it. :P
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am udderly sick and tired and full of dairy.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bleeding lag issues.

It just makes the game completely unenjoyable. This is NOT an "I quit" thread, but I'm seriously getting near the end of my tether with it,

I completely understand. My baby has jaundice - and it is upsetting me greatly. But I can understand not having access to some pixels for a while can cause a great upset.

May god send you some less stressfull events to deal with. (Seriously).
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I completely understand. My baby has jaundice - and it is upsetting me greatly. But I can understand not having access to some pixels for a while can cause a great upset.

May god send you some less stressfull events to deal with. (Seriously).

Wow. Your baby is seriously ill, and you're looking at a computer game forum?
    giphy.gif
    edited March 2015
    Wow. Your baby is seriously ill, and you're looking at a computer game forum?

Yes its a nice passtime to look at your phone between speaking to Doctors (and long waits)

I'm sorry... did you have a point to make?

If the pixels changed a bit and made you cry... you have my sympathy.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah. My point is:

I can't play the game, so I made a post on here.

You can't play the game, and made a post on here.

You'd have a point if you being unable to play the game was anything to do with problems with the game.

You just made a snarky comment, and nothing more. Go you.

Surely making a post on the official forums of the game about how I'm unable to play the game because of problems with said game is OK?

D'you see how this works?

Shall I make you some form of mind map or summat?
    giphy.gif
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015

And people in Africa are starving & don't even have access to a doctor, and all you care about is your baby ... seriously this argument is utter nonsense & you can basically spin it indefinitly ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited March 2015
    And people in Africa are starving & don't even have access to a doctor, and all you care about is your baby ... seriously this argument is utter nonsense & you can basically spin it indefinitly ...

Interpret it, as you will :)

God bless ya pall, that's all I can say :)
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a false argument. Something like "plea for sympathy" or whatnot. One of the instant fails in arguing. It's a sure sign of a troll.
  • lordoffilinglordoffiling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And there are single-celled organisms that are starving and don't have access to people in Africa!
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And there are single-celled organisms that are starving and don't have access to people in Africa!

My point exactly ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Kids in the U.S. needed to work in coal mines to help feed their alcoholic families dying of tb 100 years ago.
    Think of the children!
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited March 2015
    It's a false argument. Something like "plea for sympathy" or whatnot. One of the instant fails in arguing. It's a sure sign of a troll.

If you are refering to myself (I am not sure) my post was real (I dont know of 'hormones' affect' men as well as women during birth. But our baby does have jaundice, and is now under an UV light. (I'm not sure what this does or how it helps).

To the OP. I am really sorry for derailing the thread (really I am) and I am actually browsing via my phone - it has been the only thing keeping me sane, - and I'm sorry you bore a bit of a brunt of it. (getting all philosophical about things) its my problem not yours.

Lets just say forget about it all. It was me thrashing out my worries on an outlet.

Thank you guys for being tolerant :)

Thats why I love Trekkies :)!
    edited March 2015
    If you are refering to myself (I am not sure)

I was talking to you. I don't care if it's factual, it's a logical fallacy and a trollish response. You know it, too.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Remember this from Monty Python's Flying Circus? "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I'm certainly sick and tired of it!"

Back on topic...I keep seeing folks post about lag...I haven't experienced it yet. What gives? Is this Cryptic's server or player's connection or player's PC?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

edited March 2015
    I was talking to you. I don't care if it's factual, it's a logical fallacy and a trollish response. You know it, too.

It seems I have no response to give. So I shall agree with you :)
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And I'm utterly sick and tired...of people who can't finish writing proper titles for the sake of click baiting.
    edited March 2015
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Remember this from Monty Python's Flying Circus? "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I'm certainly sick and tired of it!"

Back on topic...I keep seeing folks post about lag...I haven't experienced it yet. What gives? Is this Cryptic's server or player's connection or player's PC?

No, it's entirely the server provider that Cryptic uses to host the server remotely. They're the worst in the business, and universally hated by every player in every game that uses them (STO isn't the only one to use them). They use deplorable business tactics to keep their cost of business down, but surrounding ISPs hate these tactics (essentially leeching bandwidth), so they end up throttling back cogentco's traffic because of the way it's going through their systems.

This means they can even stop forwarding packets from cogentco, and cogentco won't actually get their own infrastructure to do the job. So the players suffer.

Heavily.

Because of the way Internet networking actually functions, some can actually have no problem. Consider them lucky. It isn't the player's ISP though, and it isn't their PC.
    edited March 2015

Apologies again for side tracking things both to OP and yourself. I have pm;ed OP to say sorry, and sorry to anyone affected by my post, I should not have brought personal issues into the discussion, apologies.
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bleeding lag issues.

They already had a cure for the lag issues.. Client Crash stops it.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited March 2015
    They already had a cure for the lag issues.. Client Crash stops it.

LOL! Tears are streaming down my face for all the wrong reasons.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No, it's entirely the server provider that Cryptic uses to host the server remotely. They're the worst in the business, and universally hated by every player in every game that uses them (STO isn't the only one to use them). They use deplorable business tactics to keep their cost of business down, but surrounding ISPs hate these tactics (essentially leeching bandwidth), so they end up throttling back cogentco's traffic because of the way it's going through their systems.

This means they can even stop forwarding packets from cogentco, and cogentco won't actually get their own infrastructure to do the job. So the players suffer.

Heavily.

Because of the way Internet networking actually functions, some can actually have no problem. Consider them lucky. It isn't the player's ISP though, and it isn't their PC.

Wow! That is bad! Thanks for the info, comrade.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ISA...

Player A) 2 deaths
    Player B) 2 deaths
    Player C) 3 deaths
    Player D) 4 deaths
    Player E) 1 death

Player A) 3,537,815 healing
    Player B) 408,651 healing
    Player C) 2,491,998 healing
    Player D) 153,758 healing
    Player E) 250,279 healing

...because it was a freakin' rubberband festival.

I've done two ISAs since the server came up and both have left me wanting to punch the wall.

I've done CCAs without issue. I've gone here, I've gone there, and the only thing other than ISA that's lagged in the least for me is the Exchange. But that's just a wee bit slow.

After last week's patch, it felt like they'd shifted resources from ISA to CCA in preparation for the event. After today's patch, I'd bet my last 2 EC on it.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i have lag in: ISA (in this stf a lot of players use the moonwalk attack pattern), federation fleet alert, and sometimes in csa. I have a fiber connection 200 mega, and sometimes the connection looks like an adsl 512k connection