test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystaline Event Bugged

dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
I log in to play the Crystal Entity Event. The only reason most people are logging on today. Surprise Surprise. The event is bugged. You only complete it about half the time when you kill an Entity, and there is only an Entity in half of the event spawns. So basically you have to do 4 of them to get one completion.
Post edited by dpsloss88 on

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Already did 8 runs with 8 characters ... guess I must be lucky ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Usually headline questions like this can be answered with "No".

This one is no exception.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh yeah, this is gonna end well. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Usually headline questions like this can be answered with "No".

This one is no exception.

I can name at least three worst.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I guess the OP will get a visit from Q soon.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Look up Star Wars Galaxies and its unannounced New Game Experience patch.

Cryptic is far from the worst MMO company.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited March 2015
    Look up Star Wars Galaxies and its unannounced New Game Experience patch.

Cryptic is far from the worst MMO company.

Make that four companies worst than Cryptic.
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ran it on my 5 characters who are allowed to no problems.

And EVERY MMO company is the worst that's ever been according to their forums. Its traditional.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Make that four companies worst than Cryptic.

But they keep trying to get there.

That aside: Play private, no bugs there.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Star Wars Galaxy doesn't count. They are already out of business. You cannot count companies that have gone bust.

Who are the other 3 MMOs? Or is that against the Name and Shame Policy?
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well according to the game that shall not be named's forum Blizzard is the most incompetent MMO company ever, but then according to Lord of the Rings Online's Turbine is, and then accoring to The Secret World's Funcom is. So I don't know which to believe.
    edited March 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    Star Wars Galaxy doesn't count. They are already out of business. You cannot count companies that have gone bust.

Who are the other 3 MMOs? Or is that against the Name and Shame Policy?

Netmarble, DE, and Bioware.
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    try 1 = no entity spawning
    try 2 = got no reward from killing the entity
    try 3 = no entity spawning
    try 4 = no entity spawning
    try 5 = finally got a reward
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited March 2015

The company running Star Wars Galaxies didn't go bust. It was created (and poorly maintained / updated from what I've read) by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). Galaxies was shut down because SOE was having a hard time retaining subscribers due to WoW and poorly received updates to the game. Not to mention SWTOR was on the horizon.

SOE was still in business this year until Sony decided to sell that division to Daybreak Game Co.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...and then according to The Secret World's Funcom is....

Whoa, whoa. I'll admit that, unfortunately, I haven't been playing The Secret World as much these days, mainly because STO's constant grinds have been distracting me, and while any community is going to get those people who aren't happy no matter what, the devs of the Secret World are actually among whom I hold up as examples of how it's possible to have halfway competent devs that actually communicate properly with their playerbase, as opposed to what we got here in STO.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
    edited March 2015

Not sure who those other two are, but yeah, Bioware is one of the few whose greed and disconnect from reality rivals that of Cryptic's.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Not sure who DE is... Netmarble Really lol you have chosen to compare them to a silly South Korean only free web junk game maker. Even with bar set that low you think there only 4th from the bottom. :) lol

Bioware/EA isn't worse then Cryptic... I mean lets be honest there game may not have the most open F2P. However they don't sell power, and there is no advantage you can gain over other players, as just playing the game gets you nice gear with out having to blow so much in the way of game resources that you spend $.

I think you best look over your list again, and reconsider Cryptics place on your list. lol
    Not sure who those other two are, but yeah, Bioware is one of the few whose greed and disconnect from reality rivals that of Cryptic's.

In what way... in the selling of gear... or making upgrades so expensive that you are required to grind for weeks of 24/7 or letting you buy it. I don't last I was in there game, I didn't see any finish now buttons, nor did I see a bunch of +1 or +5 items in there store. I saw cosmetics, and ways to earn anything I wanted by playing the game normally and not having to put my Asian Diaper on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited March 2015
    In what way... in the selling of gear... or making upgrades so expensive that you are required to grind for weeks of 24/7 or letting you buy it. I don't last I was in there game, I didn't see any finish now buttons, nor did I see a bunch of +1 or +5 items in there store. I saw cosmetics, and ways to earn anything I wanted by playing the game normally and not having to put my Asian Diaper on.

It's the nickle-and-diming of small stuff in TOR that gets me. Like charging people for an unlock so that you can turn off people's helmets. And there was actually a bit of a controversy when it first went F2P that they didn't provide F2P players with enough free action bars, and even when they relented, I still feel like locking extra action bars behind a paywell was really cheap, especially considering it's one of those MMOs where classes often had a million abilities that they got, much less factoring in any of the more useful items people might want to have hotkeyed.

Also, when TOR first went F2P, rather than acknowledging that the game was suffering in sales and subs, the dev letter said something along the lines of "Our game is awesome, and everyone knows it." to start off with. It was doing the whole "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it!' long before Gecko was trying to pull that rubbish.

I will grant that, as far as I know, TOR has actually gotten more stable and bug free as time has gone on, which is the opposite of what I can say of STO.

I think it says something that, I actually spotted this thread specifically because I was expecting there to be some sort of issue with the event, and popped onto the forums first to see what it was before I actually went into STO.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I log in to play the Crystal Entity Event. The only reason most people are logging on today. Surprise Surprise. The event is bugged. You only complete it about half the time when you kill an Entity, and there is only an Entity in half of the event spawns. So basically you have to do 4 of them to get one completion.

I have no doubt the game is lagging after this update...

There are some big things being released that are not just isolated to the Crystalline event

The new in-game memorial for Leonard Nimoy, and other Star Trek actors who have passed on

And if anybody cares about getting that new Jem strike ship

all these things... I could see why there would be a spike in logins for today

I am not saying it excuses it, but I can at least see why
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Off the top of my head, Acclaim Games did a pretty abysmal job before they went defunct. I'm probably biased but I will never forgive Gravity for how badly they botched RO2 twice. I will say they've managed to keep the lights on for the original for more than a decade so they're probably doing something right. Nexon's gotten progressively more cash grabby over the years, but their products are still stable at least for the most part.

For all the TRIBBLE I see people give cryptic over greed and barely functional content, I've yet to see anyone cite an example more insidious than the status quo of a certain Chinese MMO that's actually managed to thrive off a player culture built around the p2w model.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
    edited March 2015
    isvarna wrote: »
    For all the TRIBBLE I see people give cryptic over greed and barely functional content, I've yet to see anyone cite an example more insidious than the status quo of a certain Chinese MMO that's actually managed to thrive off a player culture built around the p2w model.

Just because something could be worse doesn't mean it isn't already pretty bad, and could be better.

That said, which MMO are you referring to? I'm genuinely curious.
    edited March 2015
    Netmarble was once a real MMO company, even had a game out in the West. There was a lot of things going behind the scenes that lead to where they are now but the biggest thing I can remember was how their GMs took sides in major PVP battles and helped players with GM powers.

DE (Digital Extremes) has only one real MMO to their name, Warframe. Which somehow makes STO's RNG and grind look sane.
  • isvarnaisvarna Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just because something could be worse doesn't mean it isn't already pretty bad, and could be better.

That said, which MMO are you referring to? I'm genuinely curious.

PM'd you the details since I don't know what the policy is on links and I don't want to move too much focus off seeing what others have to say about other developers and publishers.
    ↓ ↓ This is why we can't have nice things. ↓ ↓
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Considering the company is still in operation I don't see how you could even attempt using "the most".
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is Cryptic the most incompetent MMO company?

No. Not by a longshot.
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They are trying to give EA a run for their money. :(
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not even close.

I direct you to Joymax, who about five years ago decided that if they can't get the bots out of their game so their servers weren't so full you couldn't log in, they'll ask people to pay for Premium access that gets them past the queues.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ran it an hour ago, no problems......
    edited March 2015
    Not even close.

I direct you to Joymax, who about five years ago decided that if they can't get the bots out of their game so their servers weren't so full you couldn't log in, they'll ask people to pay for Premium access that gets them past the queues.

Thank you for reminding me. Digimon is awesome to me and how they ruined the MMO based off it is shameful.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's the nickle-and-diming of small stuff in TOR that gets me. Like charging people for an unlock so that you can turn off people's helmets. And there was actually a bit of a controversy when it first went F2P that they didn't provide F2P players with enough free action bars, and even when they relented, I still feel like locking extra action bars behind a paywell was really cheap, especially considering it's one of those MMOs where classes often had a million abilities that they got, much less factoring in any of the more useful items people might want to have hotkeyed.

Also, when TOR first went F2P, rather than acknowledging that the game was suffering in sales and subs, the dev letter said something along the lines of "Our game is awesome, and everyone knows it." to start off with. It was doing the whole "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever, and the players love it!' long before Gecko was trying to pull that rubbish.

I will grant that, as far as I know, TOR has actually gotten more stable and bug free as time has gone on, which is the opposite of what I can say of STO.

I think it says something that, I actually spotted this thread specifically because I was expecting there to be some sort of issue with the event, and popped onto the forums first to see what it was before I actually went into STO.

You made the mistake of thinking tor was a f2p game.

TRIBBLE advertising I agree... when you accept that TOR isn't a F2P game and just sub... its fine.

Cryptic will let you play for free if you don't mind playing 8 hours a day. So who is nickle and diming who.

As far as Dev PR spinning... come on this thread is silly... we all know that DR is the best expansion ever and you know we all love it. We aren't talking about friends making us games here where talking about people working for multi million dollar enterprises. Where ever you work I'm sure you can't walk up to your employers (or your) customers and say yes our product sucks. lol I don't begrudge anyone working for a company towing the line... its what they are paid for and what keeps the company writing checks that keeps there children clothed. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.