test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So you have apparently completely ruined Crystalline Catastrophe.

2»

Comments

• Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My BIGGEST problem is the low payout for the NPCs...PARTICULARLY on Advanced...

An orb weaver...with 539,000 HP...pays out around 40 XP.

40 XP.

Seriously. That is entirely unacceptable. No wonder why people were doing the patrols; a much easier enemy was paying 5x that amount!!!! On Easy!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's pretty obvious why... with a pug, the queue creates a room and fills it with players. When you get the countdown timer at the end, the room terminates. However, if it doesn't terminate the queues will keep re-filling empty slots to keep the pug at full capacity.

The bug is that the game doesn't begin the "you must leave the room in 150 seconds" timer upon optional failure. It isn't the only STF that acts that way. It's because they are optionals at heart still. When you join this bugged CCA, it is one that somebody started once, some time ago, and failed. Then the game kept re-filling the seats as people left the room. It never killed the room off. You're not in a bugged room. You're in a failed room that never closed.

When you load a private game, and invite people to it, that game creates a new room for you. When the last people exit that room, regardless of completion level, it kills that room instance. Therefore, no failed instances for you to join, no bug, no glitch. It's secondary to the issue at hand but because of causailty it bypasses the problem.

^^ This makes a great deal of sense! I used to stumble into already-failed CSA inastances too that way, when I stil PUG-ed.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Some people want challenge.

What's interesting is that the people who claim to want challenge have generally gone to every measure to eliminate it for themselves.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Working as intended" - Cryptic
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This should be a simple fix... all it requires is an auto kick to be turned on when things are failed.

I would hope they fix it before there event starts. (won't be shocked when they don't of course)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lyanaar wrote: »
    This happens when one of the optionals "dont loose more than 30% ships in blast" fails. The mission is a fail and you get only 10 marks. The timer is not a fail condition btw. it can run out and you still get a success. But loose to many ships in the blast and its an insta fail.

This is happening without any Optionals failing. Its only happened once so far for me but I can confirm that there are no Optionals failing that would act as a trigger to this.

You pop into the instance. Move up to engage the Tholians but they arent there. You and the group move on to the Entity. But none of the sidebar Optionals appear on the screen. At all. Mission ends with you destroying the CE but nothing. Not even the 1st/2nd place rewards.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I'm never doing CCA again, the odds of completing it without 3 derps dying to the shockwave is impossible.

I haven't seen a CCA pug where less than 3 people died to the shockwave because they think they can tank it or don't know where their evasive maneuvers is.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I'm never doing CCA again, the odds of completing it without 3 derps dying to the shockwave is impossible.

I haven't seen a CCA pug where less than 3 people died to the shockwave because they think they can tank it or don't know where their evasive maneuvers is.

I've been hit by two shockwaves back to back and survived... at 3 km, 5 km and 8 km, so... not sure what you're whin--complaining about
  • Options
    baconmaesterbaconmaester Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just last night I took a hit from the CE Blast in my CBC and didnt even take 30% damage to hull.
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just last night I took a hit from the CE Blast in my CBC and didnt even take 30% damage to hull.

So apparently they re-nerfed it, that shockwave was popping ships left and right a week ago.
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nerfed? More like weren't thinking about consequences when they dusted off the archived code for the CE event. The major shockwave buff was after the last event. The code they dusted off never had that buff, so it has the original code. I wonder if that means the buffer zone is still in place (i.e. avoid the blast if you get close enough)?
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The only times I've seen Advanced failed is when the lag is bad. Combined with the power tray lag that still exists, that can wipe 30% nicely.

Still, I don't see this often.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    guilli88 wrote: »
    It looks like CE STF doesnt end when it fails, and instead keeps putting people into the failed, and empty stf. The CE does respawn after a while but no reward can be gained (since it failed the first time).
    Lets see how long it takes the thread to pick up on this.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This should be a simple fix... all it requires is an auto kick to be turned on when things are failed.

I would hope they fix it before there event starts. (won't be shocked when they don't of course)

No No, there have been NUMEROUS similar issues in the past. The maps are the issue since they don't despawn and players get funneled back into them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]