What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pathfinder

joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Federation Discussion
Hits 30k easily in ISAs.

Any improvements/changes I can make?

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=joduncurrent1_8822

Secondary deflector is MK XIV Epic [PrtG][Flow][PG/SE][Grav] Inhibiting [+SA DMG]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by joshmaaaaaaans on

Comments

• birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What are you power levels? cause with high Aux power your lose out of high damage from beams and with high weapon power you wont get great benefits from your sci abilities. Which is why using torps on a sci ship is beneficial since they don rely on weapon power. 30k is nice, how much partg do you have and do you have the R&D trait?
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks similar to my build except you've got a lot more Epic items and you've gone for 2 beams fwd, I've got 2 torps (grav & enhanced-bio).

Also I've not got the KCB on the aft, I have 3 AP omni's (yes this is possible). Essentially I only use the beams to drop shield facing ready for a barrage of torps.

Now really is the time to go for a partigen build though, you can boost that skill to insane levels at the moment!

Out of interest do you find the energy siphon useful? I've toyed with the idea of using one but went for a Tykens Rift and then a heal power in the Lt. slot as I focus more on AOE attacks.
    SulMatuul.png
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    birzark wrote: »
    What are you power levels? cause with high Aux power your lose out of high damage from beams and with high weapon power you wont get great benefits from your sci abilities. Which is why using torps on a sci ship is beneficial since they don rely on weapon power. 30k is nice, how much partg do you have and do you have the R&D trait?

Aux is capped at 125 after plasmonic stacks, Weapons also, engines and shields are 75-80, i'll get exact values later.

Edit:

120/110 Weap
    62/20 Shield
    54/30 Engines
    106/50 Aux

+20.8 from Plasmonic so power levels normally look like;

125/100
    83/20
    75/30
    125/50

Plasmonic/Energy siphon

125/100
    95/20
    88/30
    125/50

372 PartG and yes R&D sci trait is active, exotics (GW And TBR) have 100% crit.
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Out of interest do you find the energy siphon useful? I've toyed with the idea of using one but went for a Tykens Rift and then a heal power in the Lt. slot as I focus more on AOE attacks.

Keeps my shield and engine power near to 100 so guess it's useful :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Bamp wtb constructive build advice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    The only thing I can really think to suggest is switching the slotting of your BOFF tac skills... move Spread to ens level and BFAW up; since you have 5 beams and 1 torp, the BFAW should be more beneficial.

Yeah sounds good, I had he TS 2 for more targets getting hit by the plasma burn AoE from the torp, but guess it doesn't matter when they are all stuck in a grav well anyway, lol.

Also thinking about making 3 CtrDx3 Pen for aft weapons which should increase DPS by a lot if I keep the ship on the broad face all the time, which I pretty much do now anyway seeing as the ship never stops flying once it starts to keep the pilot trait active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Looks similar to my build except you've got a lot more Epic items and you've gone for 2 beams fwd, I've got 2 torps (grav & enhanced-bio).

Also I've not got the KCB on the aft, I have 3 AP omni's (yes this is possible). Essentially I only use the beams to drop shield facing ready for a barrage of torps.

Now really is the time to go for a partigen build though, you can boost that skill to insane levels at the moment!

You can use more then 2 omni's beam arrays?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmmm, just try to equip 3rd omin-beam array and can not equip. So how is this possible? Please share.:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm a little curious about that myself. :confused: A Cryptic bug?
    Only way I get 3 aft beams forward shooting is with two proton omnis and the borg turret.
    edited February 2015
    You can use more then 2 omni's beam arrays?

You can slot the ancient one, the crafted one and if you get another ancient one and upgrade it then it's possible to slot that too. For some reason the game counts the ancient omni as 2 different items if one is upgraded and one isn't.

So you can slot:

-KCB
    -Crafted omni beam
    -Ancient omni beam (Mk infinity)
    -Ancient omni beam (upgraded to whatever you want)

Yes it's probably a bug but until the bother to fix it i'll use it to my benefit. If they do fix it doesn't bother me too much as i'll just slot the KCB instead.
    SulMatuul.png
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So to get a third I would have to settle for it being mark 12? That might be a hard sell given the gap in 14's these days.
    edited February 2015
    It would be your call really. You can only slot the extra one if you never click upgrade on it. As soon as it gets moved to the upgrade window (even if you don't actually do anything with it) it moves from Mk infinity to Mk XII, so then it counts the same as an upgraded one.

Basically you can slot a 3rd AP omni beam but it'll be limited to the same as the mission reward one. It'll loose you DPS probably but on ships with few forward guns (i.e. science ships) it could help. I'm using this trick for my Pathfinder, I can now run with all my guns firing forwards, 4 beams and 2 torps.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited February 2015
    Kinetic Beam
    AP Arc Tradeskill Beam
    Ancient Beam

All MKXIV, having a lowass ancient beam seems like it would give less DPS than a random quantum torp or turret even on the back, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=isokineticboom_8822

Build i've been running around with lately to kill the monotony. It's a little different and seeing the huge numbers from isokinetic cannon is always nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]