test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will anyne get the anniversary ship?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
the omega particle missions don't work half the time. is it even numerically possible to get the qmendations?
Spock.jpg

Post edited by vetteguy904 on

Comments

• killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    MOST work, so yes lots of people will have the ship.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had 400 Q-mendations left from last year's event. So I've got mine now.

The locations do apparently change every 4-6 hours.

Bajor (space) and Defera were the only ones I had problems with. Bajor (space) can be gotten around with the Crack the Mirror mission and Defera shouldn't be a problem for higher level captains who can skip their way to the mission that opens it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Already got 400 from last time + 400 from the new FE + 5 Runs (already did 3) ... so yes ... I wouldn't bother otherwise, though ... 5 days is all I can bear at this point ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ESD isn't working for me. :(

any work around for that one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Someone mentioned the ones near the water in ESD work. Haven't tried it myself though.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got it yesterday after playing the mini-game since Thursday with a supplement of about 150 of my pile of Lobi and left over Q-mendations from last year.

Haven't actually flown it yet though.
    I like starting a new toon every time large amount of new stuff hits the game and have been fiddling with her since last week.
    (she has it also with the 40 Q's Account Unlock, but is only level 26 at the moment)

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2015

The Omega particle near the monument in Starfleet academy is a work around for this...

And I will be getting the ship I'm on 62% done already...
    JtaDmwW.png
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had 760 Qmendation on one character from last year's event that I had planned on using on the dyson ship so I could complete it, but since I wanted to be able to use my new Kobali boff, I decided to run and Omega daily and Dust to Dust, so I was left with 200 after getting the Kobali ship.

Needless to say, I like using my breen ship more right now. I just kill things slower in the Kobali ship than in my Carrier.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would have had mine day one, but it was bugged for the first three days. Both my chars have theirs, just collecting for next year now..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ever since learning about that ESD Space workaround (on the first day!), I have had no problem completing the Daily. I'm looking forward to adding the Xenomorph to my stable of spacecraft.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was, but the APU ship is just as capable and a hella lot easier to get hold of. So now I'm not.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Between some left over Q-mendations and some Lobi that I had on hand I've got the ship on one of my alts that had been sitting around since last year (Kobali-themed alien as it turns out, I was amused) and I'm loving the ship. It's not tac-heavy but has enough options and built-in bonuses from the console and such that it can take a lot of punishment and bounce back quickly.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the omega particle missions don't work half the time. is it even numerically possible to get the qmendations?
    I have it on 6 characters with more on the way, Having the Q-mendations from last year's anniversary helps a lot, and doing the mission (Dust to Dust) is really the only thing you'd need to do if you have 1000 Q-mendations already. I haven't done the daily yet on any of my characters, but I might do it soon just to get the Party popper.

I had the ship Day One on all four of my higher leveled Engineering characters (2 Fed and 2 KDF). I have two other Engineers that haven't done Dust to Dust yet.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got it the first day. Got the level 5 trait and dropped it like a bad habit.
    It isn't for me.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A couple of my fleetmates have it already. I'm at over 700, so I should get it fairly soon.
    edited February 2015
    I had 760 Qmendation on one character from last year's event that I had planned on using on the dyson ship so I could complete it, but since I wanted to be able to use my new Kobali boff, I decided to run and Omega daily and Dust to Dust, so I was left with 200 after getting the Kobali ship.

Needless to say, I like using my breen ship more right now. I just kill things slower in the Kobali ship than in my Carrier.

Sorry should had mention ESD (space) is the one not working for me. ;)

Try doing the ground at SFA as work around didn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Despite a few hicups here and there i've collected the Qmendations every day since the event started. So, unless the game ACTUALLY breaks I see no problem with getting the ship.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yes i got mine on the second day i had 560 qmendations saved from last year plus 400 for doing the feature episode so i am just doing the daily event for fun and to gain a few qmendations ready for next year.
    i do feel sorry for anyone who is starting from scratch though, it must be very frustraiting.

good news is they are suposed to be fixing it with the next update and i am sure they will extend the event to make up for the worst of the problems.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Despite a few hicups here and there i've collected the Qmendations every day since the event started. So, unless the game ACTUALLY breaks I see no problem with getting the ship.

same here, haven't missed a day across 3 toons so far
    edited February 2015
    Anyone have work around for ESD (space)?

Thank you in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Ever since learning about that ESD Space workaround (on the first day!), I have had no problem completing the Daily. I'm looking forward to adding the Xenomorph to my stable of spacecraft.
    I'm going to name at least one of mine Bhantkara.

Thank you in advance.
    go to SFA and look near the water for Omegas
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    I got it the first day. Got the level 5 trait and dropped it like a bad habit.
    It isn't for me.

Yes, have a couple of toons in it now for the trait.... for now my Fed Eng may keep it though.... it has become my favorite tank on that toon.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ?
    I have gotten the 40 every day and 400 for the mission. I am on track to get my ship with weeks left over.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2015
    I'm going to name at least one of mine Bhantkara.go to SFA and look near the water for Omegas
    heh I went there on my Ferasan, for his Theln carrier. My Caitian's is the Snakeir... or maybe I got the ship names backwards but you get the point ;) lol Was gonna do a Vo'quv for that role but the Theln is much sexier and looks Kilrathi kinda.

@OP:
    Ive yet to have an issue, I didnt have any stocked qmendations but I have 600 atm on my 3 mains and 560 on the rest of my alts..

When I get ESD Space I know I need to hit the Academy and maybe jump an instance or two but its easy.
    When I get Bajor Space I know to use 'Crack in the Mirror' and harvest over Bajor VII
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Thank you in advance.
    Beam down to the Academy. There will, eventually, be an Omega Particle somewhere in the vicinity of the Mark Valentine Memorial - I've found it everywhere from the Memorial steps to over by the fence next to the bay. If one doesn't show up soon enough to suit you, you can change instances; you're bound to find one eventually. This particular Omega Particle will fill the ESD Space requirement - none of the others around the Academy grounds will suffice.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have 400 from last year, and a further 400 from this year (on two characters) though I have no interest in the ship. :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I got it. It's so creepy looking, it's making me actually fly a cruiser. :D
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015

ESD works for me more tiume than not. Ground anyway.

Have you tried going down to the Academy? They can often be found down there and count towards ESD gorund, I believe. Easiest way to find them is go to Lt Ferral/Personnel Officer and look there. If not, chang einstances as it often appears in that room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, all eight of my characters have it and it is the ship leveling on most right now. One character had 520 plus 400 for the mission and two days of the Particles and done. Four other alts had in the 400s and will get up to 1040 after the mission and a few days of Omega. Then I will be all set for four more Anniversaries. ;) The other three were too young for last year's so one Omega for each and they were done. When they run Dust to Dust they will be set for ten years.:rolleyes:

One of my characters did get Bajor space as one of the areas. Before I heard of using 'Crack in the Mirror' to invoke it, I just dropped the Mission and picked it up again; its not like you can't use the particles you picked up anyway.

Prepare ahead and adapt as needed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    working on it, made it to 520 so far, so 12 days left. but may only do it on 1 toon. not feeling particularly interested in grinding for it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.