test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

At Last!

centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
(Forumites were too busy trolling each other where this was originally posted, so in order that the dev's might actually see it, I'll give it more visibility here.)

Finally a set of patches that I can smile about! Kudos to the Cryptic team for finally getting around to these fixes:
Resolved an issue with the loadout system which would occasionally un-slot Power Icons, Bridge Officer and/or Assigned Duty Officers when transitioning to a new map.

Resolved an issue in the Dyson Sphere Battlezone where players who were teamed were not getting enough credit to earn rewards.

It is now easier to gain completion credit for participating in “Tide of Ice”.

Items unlocked through completing “Tide of Ice” will now unlock for the entire account.
This will require only 1 character on an account to unlock all new Winter Event items through completing “Tide of Ice”.

Adjusted the race flags for the “Fast and the Flurious” to better positions in the finish zone.

Resolved an issue which was causing some snowmen to spawn underground during “Snowball Fight”.

Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo.
If these items are all actually fxed, this represents a significant cleanup of things that were not broken last year (except for the Epohh researcher). I personally didn't care about the account-wide ToI unlock, since we have to run the event 10x for the accolade anyway. But it's always better to be rewarded for effort given in events, so thank you!
Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
STO player since November 2013
Post edited by centaurianalpha on

Comments

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Think that's the 3rd or 4th attempted fix to loadout disappearances, though I haven't had that issue since the 2nd attempt. Which just required a saved loadout or two.

But great if it finally works.
  • Options
    captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I sincerely hope the extra wait time is worth it. I've been struggling with the loadout problem on ALL of my ships consistently ever since Delta Rising started.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How much money do we need to spend so that cryptic is able to buy better servers?
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dakaan750 wrote: »
    How much money do we need to spend so that cryptic is able to buy better servers?

None. It's the best expansion ever! They can afford it.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If these items are all actually fxed...
    We'll see about that. Even if it's fixed (for now) a future update may break it again.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *** Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo. ***

Praise the Lord !!!
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *** Greatly reduced the frequency of the VO for the Winter Epohh Researcher while in the gazebo. ***

Praise the Lord !!!

There is a flash of light and I appear in a mysterious winter paradise. I observe the pavilion. A scowling orion guards a ferengi who is creepily crooning how handsome Q is. A strange man yells out " Do you want to make a tasty treat together" It's the 24th century and all but i'm not that kind of captain. I smile and kindly excuse myself. Passing a breen who appears to have eaten too much pie.

The snorg are about to attack the gates of the wonderland says a little gingerbread man. I check my guns and run towards the tides of ice. On the way out of the pavilion a romulan lady steps in front of me and yells "Get your friendly and cuddly epohhs here. I try to walk around her, she sidesteps in front of me again. "Q loves all the little creatures, even you". I dive to the right to get past her, she lunges and blocks my path of escape. She TRIBBLE her head and quizzically asks "Don't you want an epohh friend??? I begin to back away tripping over her herd of epohhs. I stumble and fall to the ground. The crazy woman lunges and thrusts an epohh at me face. "They are so adorable" she yells. I start to fear for my life and clamor across the floor trying to find any means of escape. I bump into the GPL unit and it crashes to the ground with a might bang. Still she refuses to relent.

I go for my phaser only to discover a snowball weapons in its place, I draw and fire with the hope of at least using it as a diversion to escape. Nothing happens, must be some kind of snowball dampening field in effect. In a final attempt to escape i propel myself across the icy pavilion only to bump into a table filled with presents. I'm cornered and there is no escape. The epohh lady hovers over me menacingly. Her face contorts into a demonic visage, her voice become guttural and deep. Her eyes have taken on a red hue. "Don't you want an epohh friend????" She thrusts her herd onto me, i cant breath and darkness begins to overtake me.

I awake with a jolt in my quarters, forehead beaded in a cold sweat. It was all just a horrible horrible dream. :D

Sillyness aside it is nice to see things getting fixed. The epohh lady was a bit to vocal.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ill believe it when i see it

so many things were broken after fixes in the past weeks and months... it really would surprise me if stuff is working now
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dakaan750 wrote: »

It's less of their servers and more to do with Cogent, their Internet Provider. Past tracert searches found that much of the lag and dropouts came from packet loss and disconnects when passing through Boston.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's less of their servers and more to do with Cogent, their Internet Provider. Past tracert searches found that much of the lag and dropouts came from packet loss and disconnects when passing through Boston.

packet loss... right. but now they even cant to turn their servers on. XD Is this have to do something with packet loss?
  • Options
    yodafan1979yodafan1979 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ecotec1983 wrote: »
    There is a flash of light and I appear in a mysterious winter paradise. I observe the pavilion. etc... .

Most epic post I've read in a LONG time.... Kudos to you my friend...:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Resolved an issue with the loadout system which would occasionally un-slot Power Icons, Bridge Officer and/or Assigned Duty Officers when transitioning to a new map.
    if it gets fixed, who wants to bet they won't synchronize the fix with tribble, so when they release a new season the bug will return?
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    wolfehunterswolfehunters Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is a flash of light and I appear in a mysterious winter paradise. I observe the pavilion. A scowling orion guards a ferengi who is creepily crooning how handsome Q is. A strange man yells out " Do you want to make a tasty treat together" It's the 24th century and all but i'm not that kind of captain. I smile and kindly excuse myself. Passing a breen who appears to have eaten too much pie.

The snorg are about to attack the gates of the wonderland says a little gingerbread man. I check my guns and run towards the tides of ice. On the way out of the pavilion a romulan lady steps in front of me and yells "Get your friendly and cuddly epohhs here. I try to walk around her, she sidesteps in front of me again. "Q loves all the little creatures, even you". I dive to the right to get past her, she lunges and blocks my path of escape. She TRIBBLE her head and quizzically asks "Don't you want an epohh friend??? I begin to back away tripping over her herd of epohhs. I stumble and fall to the ground. The crazy woman lunges and thrusts an epohh at me face. "They are so adorable" she yells. I start to fear for my life and clamor across the floor trying to find any means of escape. I bump into the GPL unit and it crashes to the ground with a might bang. Still she refuses to relent.

I go for my phaser only to discover a snowball weapons in its place, I draw and fire with the hope of at least using it as a diversion to escape. Nothing happens, must be some kind of snowball dampening field in effect. In a final attempt to escape i propel myself across the icy pavilion only to bump into a table filled with presents. I'm cornered and there is no escape. The epohh lady hovers over me menacingly. Her face contorts into a demonic visage, her voice become guttural and deep. Her eyes have taken on a red hue. "Don't you want an epohh friend????" She thrusts her herd onto me, i cant breath and darkness begins to overtake me.

I awake with a jolt in my quarters, forehead beaded in a cold sweat. It was all just a horrible horrible dream. :D

Sillyness aside it is nice to see things getting fixed. The epohh lady was a bit to vocal.
    Because she had to much of Nog's Nog abit tipsy.. :D You know what come off next... :eek:
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I awake with a jolt in my quarters, forehead beaded in a cold sweat. It was all just a horrible horrible dream.

ROFL... well played! :D
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now if only they made her shift to Undine every 10-30 minutes and insist, "You DO want an Epohh friend, don't you?" then back to her NPC self. And players doing a double-take, stopping whatever they were doing to look back for a moment and see an Undine instead.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You should consider writing, that was great !
    It had me in stiches :D LMAO
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    funny the loadout STILL not works and Tides of Ice still not works... so basically the patchnotes you are referring to and be happy about are not working as intended
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sophus84at wrote: »
    funny the loadout STILL not works and Tides of Ice still not works... so basically the patchnotes you are referring to and be happy about are not working as intended

Your eyes are clearly glitched and not reporting reality to you in the correct manner.

Please have your eyes checked and wear the appropriate prescription glasses before attempting to log into the game again
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Forumites were too busy trolling each other where this was originally posted, so in order that the dev's might actually see it, I'll give it more visibility here.)
    You are posting a new thread to be more visible, but give it a completely non-descript title?

:rolleyes:
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    remindmepleaseremindmeplease Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014

epic reading while sitting here waiting for servers to come back up ...
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014

That's awesome. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    ill believe it when i see it

so many things were broken after fixes in the past weeks and months... it really would surprise me if stuff is working now

You seem to have a crystal ball to play with.

Unfortunately, I only get to twiddle my thumbs the next day.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Outstanding! :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Alas, I have once again been pwned by my own optimism & Cryptic's incompetence. Snowmen in WW are still invisible; I ran 2 successive ToI's, and didn't even get credit for the run toward the accolade; at least the epohh vendor was less annoying. I've yet to check my ship trays, but it seemed as though I was still missing a few buttons from last flight.

What a pity...STO could be so much more. :(