test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

winter t6 ship

icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
well looks like ill be holding onto those glossy photos yet another year if the game last till next winter maybe something there i can use. as it is now its a carrier and its t6 trait does not help me at all none of my toons fly a carrier anylonger as they were alts and a waste of time now. Lastly as a Klingon none of my ships have pets so, yeah back to my other game. have fun peeps.
Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Many players (myself included) have been interested in more T6 ships. This is a nice little freebie for the players. They could have easily made the ship a T5, but they went that little bit further. It's a nice gesture :D

Also, this will be the first T6 carrier. It might not suit your needs, but not having a carrier at T6 was a gap that needed to be filled at some point.
  • rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The bit that gets me is that unless you have a load of the items from the last year it's a 25 day grind to get the ship. If you don't have the other two thats a 3x 25 day grid. If you have 8 characters it's 8x 3 day grind then 3 x 22 day grind.

Either way it's 25 frikkin days. FFS it's insane. At Christmas doing that 25 days in total when the event runs for 32 giving only 7 days leeway...

I'm literally at a loss for the poor though processes used here...
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    The bit that gets me is that unless you have a load of the items from the last year it's a 25 day grind to get the ship. If you don't have the other two thats a 3x 25 day grid. If you have 8 characters it's 8x 3 day grind then 3 x 22 day grind.

Either way it's 25 frikkin days. FFS it's insane. At Christmas doing that 25 days in total when the event runs for 32 giving only 7 days leeway...

with the alt toon discount you could jsut do the grind on all of them for till you got 120 photos and then continue on with only 3 of them for the full grind. once one toon has the ship at full price all others on account get a discount to only 40 photos.
    but the 3 that continue on will still need another 80 photos for the other 2 ships.

and to poster 2 i never said some people would not enjoy it . remember at the end i said have fun peeps. not rot in hell or anything like that.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Many players (myself included) have been interested in more T6 ships. This is a nice little freebie for the players. They could have easily made the ship a T5, but they went that little bit further. It's a nice gesture :D

Also, this will be the first T6 carrier. It might not suit your needs, but not having a carrier at T6 was a gap that needed to be filled at some point.

^^^^^ this so much this we needed a T6 carrier heck the romulans NEEDED a carrier itself and the trait works good for my Ar'Kif my scimatar and my tact trills jem dread not to forget my orions murader flight deck cruiser which my orion well have a trait since she flys all T5-U's lol

• uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I actually find the daily race fun and look forward to trying to beat my record. I like trying to pass the person in front of me too.

This is one of the very few "grinds" I look forward to. Some like the Mirror Invasion get real old real fast but the race never gets old to me. I'm always looking to push it's limits, see exactly what I can do and what I can get away with. It's like when I played WoW's oktoberfest event where you run back and forth delivering barrels. I got it to a point where I'd already be back at the starting point while the barrel was still flying through the air to me.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    looking forward for warp core. ship is nice and all... maybe some day i will fly carriers. anway have more than 1000 photos from last years so wont be problem to get it.
  • dankventuredankventure Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    with the alt toon discount you could jsut do the grind on all of them for till you got 120 photos and then continue on with only 3 of them for the full grind. once one toon has the ship at full price all others on account get a discount to only 40 photos.
    but the 3 that continue on will still need another 80 photos for the other 2 ships.

and to poster 2 i never said some people would not enjoy it . remember at the end i said have fun peeps. not rot in hell or anything like that.

lol...check your math.the event is 42 days,not 32,and if you can't take 2 minutes to do the race each day,you didn't really want the ship anyways.the first year I had a falling tree take out my internet for 8 days and STILL got my chel grett plus a few days extra of Q pics
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yet again, more moaning about something that hasn't been released yet.

You don't get out of the house much, do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »

I think some people are just stuck in a perpetual pissing and moaning mode these days.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    js26568 wrote: »

The release status of the ship is rather irrelevant to the OP'S still rather silly complaint. :P
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    The release status of the ship is rather irrelevant to the OP'S still rather silly complaint. :P

Didn't you get the memo? Everyone is supposed to catered to personally these days :D
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everything that Cryptic does to give players freebies, introduce new content, increase rewards somewhere, and so on, is subject to someone immediately complaining about it, and potentially starting a doom / I quit / fire everyone / this sucks for X reason thread.

This is the new STO :P
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    t0xsick2 wrote: »
    I think some people are just stuck in a perpetual pissing and moaning mode these days.

It comes with this time of year.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited December 2014

You get a free T6 ship...what? Do you expect it to just be handed to you for free with no work simply because you logged onto the game?
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, they give us a free T6 carrier, I think the first of its kind at this tier, and you don't like it. So don't get it. It is free and it is in a portion of the game that is apart from the rest. It does not directly affect anything else. Do it or do not do it.

There is no reason to be upset about a freebie not applying to you, they almost never do.

BTW, this is a 4 tac console carrier, I could be mistaken, but does any other carrier even have 3?
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • dragonlord240dragonlord240 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So, they give us a free T6 carrier, I think the first of its kind at this tier, and you don't like it. So don't get it. It is free and it is in a portion of the game that is apart from the rest. It does not directly affect anything else. Do it or do not do it.

There is no reason to be upset about a freebie not applying to you, they almost never do.

BTW, this is a 4 tac console carrier, I could be mistaken, but does any other carrier even have 3?

the jem'hadar dreadnought has 4 tac console's