test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My money was spent else where for black Friday

omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
I spent my money on Marvel Heroes and Steam games in stead of STO because of Delta Rising. I spent over 300 dollars in games none of which was on STO. Marvel heroes when they give you free stuff there is no grind for it. All one needs to do is just login to the game. The have small login reward each day you login.
AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7-5700
RAM 32 GB
2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
Post edited by omegasprime on

Comments

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    On black friday I bought some Zen and a couple T6 ship on sale, an AoE Deluxe Snarl to finish off my AoE Dinobots collection, some jewery for the wife and my pre-ordered MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee had arrived so paid for it and it is on its way. It as a good day.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got a couple of Slim-Jim, a couple of Zebra Cakes, and a diet Green Tea for Black Friday, myself.

edit: Ugh, now I'm hungry...
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't spend anything on Black Friday because I refuse to continue to support black friday's practices both on games and in retail in which all sorts of legislation to protect the laborers are thrown out the window.

But I agree OP I'm not spending a dime and I haven't logged in for a while now because of how this game is being managed at this time.
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm back at LOTRO, testing a beorning (have played all other classes before).
    They do something similar, a small reward every day, and a bigger reward every 5 days (can contain items that drop from middle earth's "lockboxes" or raids, no big lockbox prices, but still pretty good ones).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Me too, I spent about $100 in the Steam store picking up 6 different titles.

Bless the whales for making DR the most successful launch ever.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    No one cares. No one woke up wondering how sto forums user omegasprime spent his money. Maybe people on the marvel heroes forum care, though, so you should definitely go tell them.

I totally agree with this statement.

For the lockbox and exchange activity this weekend, a number of players decided to spend their money on STO.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I bought a new car! It has nothing to do with STO! Take that Cryptic! :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I didn't spend anything on Black Friday because I refuse to continue to support black friday's practices both on games and in retail in which all sorts of legislation to protect the laborers are thrown out the window.

But I agree OP I'm not spending a dime and I haven't logged in for a while now because of how this game is being managed at this time.

? the laborer got paid his wage when he made the widget. Done. Even if the stores GAVE the widgets away, the laborers were paid for their work.

Your logic is that if I went out and bought 1000 cans of food and gave it to the homeless shelter, the maker of the food would be somehow harmed by my actions because the homeless guys did not pay them anything for the food. It does not add up.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I bought something 95% off from a company that makes animations for cgi purposes

Oh and I bought something full price because I wanted it..(farming simulator for 30 bucks dont laugh I enjoy that stuff late at night when I can't sleep) :eek:

but I also purchased the voyager package ....I had some zens saved from grinding and stipend and it was on sale..

I also ordered a new washing machine as the old one died that was an unplanned purchase..

.. wait what was the point of this thread? :P
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wow, this Forum turns more and more into Facebook.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No one cares. No one woke up wondering how sto forums user omegasprime spent his money. Maybe people on the marvel heroes forum care, though, so you should definitely go tell them.

Oh but its so much FUN listening to people talk about what they spent thier saved nickel and dimes on

me i spent it on bandaids gum and juice boxes...at the local dollar store :D
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I spent my money on Marvel Heroes and Steam games in stead of STO because of Delta Rising. I spent over 300 dollars in games none of which was on STO. Marvel heroes when they give you free stuff there is no grind for it. All one needs to do is just login to the game. The have small login reward each day you login.

Fantastic for you. About 5 days to late with the post.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He probably meant low wage retail workers that were forced to give up their holiday with their families to appease a bunch of idiots fighting each other for a few bucks off unnecessary vanity items.

oh.
    Its been many years but when I was doing that type of work before I got out of college, it was volunteered. People who needed the money would agree to work the holiday, or people who had nothing else to do (no family within visiting range, live alone, etc). There was no "forced" labor, if anything, people were lined up to work the extra hours to earn some extra money for christmas etc. One of my friends works for a, erm, large online "bookseller" and is now pulling 12 hour days until the first of the year. By choice, she is happy to have the overtime money.
  • Options
    ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    oh.
    Its been many years but when I was doing that type of work before I got out of college, it was volunteered. People who needed the money would agree to work the holiday, or people who had nothing else to do (no family within visiting range, live alone, etc). There was no "forced" labor, if anything, people were lined up to work the extra hours to earn some extra money for christmas etc. One of my friends works for a, erm, large online "bookseller" and is now pulling 12 hour days until the first of the year. By choice, she is happy to have the overtime money.

When I was in nursing school once upon a time in a universe far far away now.. I used to work as an undergrad assistant and take every holiday shift because it paid double time and a half and in that short time I could earn enough money to pay my rent for the semester. Christmas and New Years were something I looked forward to because I could bankroll my housing and not worry I would not be able to pay the rent.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I long ago boycotted Black Friday by not shopping at Black Friday sales.... anywhere.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I long ago boycotted Black Friday by not shopping at Black Friday sales.... anywhere.

Well, I hit up black friday sales with online vendors..... I do refuse to partake in brick and mortal black friday.... it's too much of a hectic mess. Anything that seems to lead to people thinking it's okay to mace someone else to get 20% off on a toaster-oven is not something I want to partake in.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Well, I hit up black friday sales with online vendors..... I do refuse to partake in brick and mortal black friday.... it's too much of a hectic mess. Anything that seems to lead to people thinking it's okay to mace someone else to get 20% off on a toaster-oven is not something I want to partake in.

I'm not sure where you live but I wouldn't shop there either...... :eek::P