test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Point Update

Comments

• ukdivefireukdivefire Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If only STO had some kind of patch server where these changes could be tested out before rolling out on live servers to make sure they weren't bugged... Or am I thinking to much out of the box on that one?

Or I guess it could be all working as intended and they simply want to kill off people having any desire to play (and at this point I use the term very loosely) the game.
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a MAJOR nerf. Any player who thinks it isn't hasn't sat down and done their sums and any Dev who says it isn't is just a liar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    XP needed to be nerfed again. Obviously.

XP nerf will continue until players buys more XP boost on the Cstore.

A friend of mine linked me this today. I find that oddly appropriated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In the immortal words of Donald Trump....
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bunansa wrote: »
    In the immortal words of Donald Trump....

YOU'RE FIRED!

Don't care about being banned at this point.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    This is a big xp nerv, doff-jobs give same amount xp as before patch but to get a specilization point xp needed is much higher..
    Guess Cryptic still thinks to many people plays the game.....
    Looks like they didn't learned anything from the last time the nerved our xp !!!!

Needed xp is 100.000 for 1 specialization point, doff-jobs is same xp as before patch = almost %50 nerv !!! WOW

And the game still keep crashing to desk-top, 2x in 1 hour.

im not sure what lvl beyond 60 im at now but for me its a 150,000 for next specialization point.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bridgern wrote: »
    I do realy hope my math is wrong.

Before the patch today:

From Level 50 to 55 ~ 11000 Skill Points/Level

From Level 55 to 60 ~ 54000 Skill Points/Level

Argala Normal ~ 3100 Skill Points/Run

After the patch today:

From Level 50 to 55 ~ 31820 Skill Points/Level

From Level 55 to 60 ~ more than 158863 Skill Points/Level

Argala Normal ~ 4713Skill Points/Run

You're NOT supposed to be levelling your specializations. You're SUPPOSED to be dancing at club 47.
    :P

new and improved STO- waste my time playing instead of having fun.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Don't care about being banned at this point.

ditto, with them my respect %100 lost, club, and gear, awesome, the nerf, i passionately hate you
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Heh just some quick back-of-the-envelope math to really put things in perspective.

My average character is sitting on a surplus of around 6 million expertise each, so representing 3 million skill points (given the way suplus skill turned to expertise) from my last 3 years of playing. At 150k skill required for specialization point, that means my last 3 years of play would amount to 20 points, not even one specialization point per month unless deliberately grinding, and that was at the old XP rates besides. So under the new system, someone like me would finish out just the current trees around.....what 2020 or so? Excellent rate of progression.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    XP needed to be nerfed again. Obviously.

XP nerf will continue until players buys more XP boost on the Cstore.

A friend of mine linked me this today. I find that oddly appropriated.

I'm starting to think these jokes are right.

The XP boost is a bad value at any price.

I will not pay money for one, ever.

I have and MIGHT drop hundreds on this game in a weekend.

But I will not spend a dime if selling those XP boosts is any kind of priority for them. Not worth it. Not at any price. That is my line I will not cross.

I've flexed on lockboxes, on dilithium crunches, on everything else.

But if they seriously want those XP boosts to sell and are trying to make them sell by messing with XP, I'm done. Not interested. No game where those are considered a good value deserves to exist, no business should expect to sell them in any quantity as designed, nobody trying to sell them as designed deserves to have a job. That would be where my elasticity of demand would snap, hard.

They are a bad value. Bad, bad, bad, bad value.

No purchase or deal can have any kind of integrity to it that offers X% until you hit a cap of Y, particularly where Y is low.

If they're just there for a few people who might bite, whatever. If selling them is at all a priority, I would lose ALL respect I have for anyone involved in that idea.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is bad, hoping it's a bug.

So? If it is a bug, what is there left to say? EVERBODY knew they would

a. TRIBBLE this change up

or

b. NERF stuff on purpose

There is literally nothing Cryptic can be trusted with these days.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Argala before patch about 4200 points, just done it and got 7200 points. It seems that levelling now will take about 3 times longer than before.

It's not a bug, they were just hoping people would be too stupid to notice... and after speaking to a few people on ESD, it would seem that a lot of players ARE too stupid to notice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • ajofwajofw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    So? If it is a bug, what is there left to say? EVERBODY knew they would

a. TRIBBLE this change up

or

b. NERF stuff on purpose

There is literally nothing Cryptic can be trusted with these days.

I have only been gaming on STO under a month, and from the posts I have read, and people I have talked too, what you are saying sums it up nail on the proverbial head.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i dont like mixing IPs but the way i see it we all should have took the warning vader gave lando and applied it here. "PRAY I DO NOT ALTER IT FURTHER"

skill points and lvling sucked, we get mad and what happens the heavy hand comes down on us harder.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited November 2014
    Argala before patch about 4200 points, just done it and got 7200 points. It seems that levelling now will take about 3 times longer than before.

Yup this is one of the main reasons, one more wonderful shafting, here come the rolls, watch out ladies and gents! PVP in 3 2, wait nm it started already lol

God bless these makers with the gift of math ...

*Applies Facepalm Directly to the Forehead*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • ajofwajofw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm starting to think these jokes are right.

The XP boost is a bad value at any price.

I will not pay money for one, ever.

I have and MIGHT drop hundreds on this game in a weekend.

HUNDREDS? on pixels?

Good grief, are you insane?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ukdivefire wrote: »
    If only STO had some kind of patch server where these changes could be tested out before rolling out on live servers to make sure they weren't bugged... Or am I thinking to much out of the box on that one?

Or I guess it could be all working as intended and they simply want to kill off people having any desire to play (and at this point I use the term very loosely) the game.

Yeah, everyone with half a brain realized that something BIG was going down when they skipped over putting this patch on PTS.

Nice to see you **** up yet again, Cryptic.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Club 47 - Awesome

Pathfinder Class - Awesome

Intrepid Interior - Awesome

Skill Point 'Adjustment' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a severe miscalculation...did none of our feedback mean anything?

It is time to kick Cryptic in the pocketbook as hard as possible. In fact, I encourage people to keep playing but withdraw from the Zen and dil exchanges. Take, and give nothing in return until our feedback means something.

I will continue my review series but needless to say this will make me take a harder line as I continue into it.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    So first we were leveling too fast, even if it took 24 hours of play to get to level 60 and max out the spec trees.

Then they swing the nerf bat hard angering a good amount of players and lowered the skill point rewards, but kept the amount needed per level. I'ts a hassle leveling up, but potentially, you could get a couple per day before being bored out of your mind doing the same thing over and over. They also removed dil rewards from maxing the spec tree therefore removing a good incentive to max it.

Now they swing again, triple the skill points required per spec point and not even doubled the rewards for killing NPCs?

People have been complaining that progression now is way too slow, and you go and make things worse. Why? DR just keeps getting worse each week.
  • warrenjameswarrenjames Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Changes like these make me glad I started playing Marvel Heroes recently.

I love this game in theory, but with every change that blatantly adds to the grind or pay model, I log in less and less.
    edited November 2014
    As it sits I will play the forum, but not this mess till it is fixed, that nerf was it, I've had enough of this **&*.

On another note, anyone want a free T6 Cruiser on Secondlife, thinking of putting one together for kicks fully skinned with all the same stats lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Changes like these make me glad I started playing Marvel Heroes recently.

I love this game in theory, but with every change that blatantly adds to the grind or pay model, I log in less and less.

I've started playing my collection of Steam games since at least it seems I'm going somewhere when I play those. It all just feels like a massive grind to nowhere lately here.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Who ever is adjusting these numbers in the coding, please remove them from ever touching them again.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't get it ... does PWE want us to stay away from the game? Because right now this is excatly what I will be doing.
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I didn't mind the exploit fix. That kind of powerleveling was was way over the top. I've played plenty of RPGs, and I know what the grind to max level is like. I know the long, grueling work it can take.

I was okay with that first nerf, because I still felt like I could get my 60 spec points with perseverance and hard work. The tools were there, and I just had to put in the time. It would be a lot of time, but I could do it.

But this time, it finally got me too. I finally feel that crushing weight of millions of spec points that I am helpless to lift.

My only question is... how did this happen? The stated goal was to keep leveling speed the same. But it isn't. It isn't hard to see that it isn't. Was this not tested even once?
  • jgbr00jgbr00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Club 47 - Awesome

Pathfinder Class - Awesome

Intrepid Interior - Awesome

Skill Point 'Adjustment' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGfWrJR5Ck

Indeed. The skills point situation appears to be a galactic crisis with no end.
    SRS - Fisher
    ADM Board, Whitehall, London - United Federation of Planets
    http://www.srs-fleet.net/
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From the op to the patch we are somwhere here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsW9MlYu31g

I am not angry or so, just deeply disappointed..
    I think i will take a longer break now (re-read the Lost Stars series/Game of Thrones/ Lord of the Rings, it will keep me busy in my free time), so i'm not tempted to spend money (not that hard, nothing for KDF/Rom in sight) or to use the dilithium exchange.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wow sicne the grerat exp nerv the community is asking for something to lvl fastert and as an asnwer we get another NERV

FCK THIS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]