test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crash to desktop after Cryptic load screen

arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
Finished the patch, game launches, the cryptic window comes up, stays up for about 2-3 minutes, then I crash to desktop.

A trouble report bubble then pops up, but before I can fill out any info it crashes too.

I am on PC

Win7

Loading through ARC.

Played STO forever on this comp.
Post edited by arakim5 on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    please. Read the threads before posting. Otherwise you'd had noticed this. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1250361
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah... read it and posted on it.

I was making this in case I found a solution.
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I disabled smart firewall and auto-anti-virus, and was able to get in and playing. Game is rubber-banding like hell, but it is day one of a new expansion, so kinda expected.

I you were getting to the cryptic screen and eventually crashing with an error message about the server connection, you can try my method. This is seriously unofficial, but try it if you want to. I’m not promising anything. Your mileage may vary. Don’t try this if you are pregnant, or wish to be pregnant. May cause death.

Shut down your PC. Don’t reboot, shut down.

Power up.

Wait for your PC to finish loading all your stuff. Can take anywhere from 2-10 minutes.

Open your STO window but don’t launch. Go to options and select safe launch.

Go to your antivirus, turn off smart firewall and auto anti-virus.

Launch STO.

If you were having the same problem I was having you’ll actually load now. Get all the way in, until you have a character in game.

Alt-tab back to desktop.

Turn smart wall and anti-virus back on.

Even with security turned back on I can launch normally now,

Good Luck, Jim.