test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think there is more than one cause here. There may be video issues for some folks, and some server connection issues for others.
  • spazoid1701spazoid1701 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Im able to get in... however not long after it crashes hard usually tied to a graphic issue, i rechecked and my Mac is compatible... reinstalled and repatched issue remains
    edited October 2014
    For those having the error stating the network connection timed out, how many of you are using Norton?
    edited October 2014
    Reinstall fixed it!!!! it took 3 hours but im in.. its buggy but im in
    edited October 2014
    Spoke to soon still crashes but crashes in game now
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm still getting crashes every time I load the game. This is getting ridiculous.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • kyoukiseikyoukisei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    not sure if this helps... I run a Sapphire Vapor-X ATI Radeon HD 6770 with 1 gig of DDR Ram
    last week for unrelated reasons I ran a full update package for my card... new dashboard (AMD Catalyst Control center) and drivers.. when this update ran today I noticed two things... initially the launch didn't even start at all after the update.. so I re-ran the update and then launched again. I have had no issues since the new Delta Rising installation.
    The second thing was a reset on some of my graphics settings which I re changed... the game set to optimal performance rather than increased graphics performance.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This "bug" popped up on Tribble a few months ago when they launched the new source code. The devs swore up and down, FOR WEEKS, that those affected were using Mac or Linux clients and left it at that.... That's when I lost faith in the devs. >.>

Delta Rising? more like Delta Flailing....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • docfrederdocfreder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was so looking foward to playing this but I have made dozen of tickets and posted a few times now still can't play and it feels like the more I try the shorter the time it will run.
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic should rename STO as Delta Rising: Always Crashing.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I keep getting this error whenever I try to load.

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_DEVICEREMOVED) while Locking sprite index buffer.

No clue what's wrong with it, was working fine just before the update, this one of the bugs you lot are having?
  • splatmaster134splatmaster134 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got the game via steam about a week ago. I love it so much but with this constant crashing, it gets really annoying.I would get to the delta rising logo then it would boot me out and the crash report window would automatically close on me.I wonder how many reports they're getting right now... i looked at tech support for ARC and i saw what they said to do to fix this, they said
    (1) Look in your game folder for:

\localdata\GamePrefs.pref

(2) Delete that, and restart the game!

Except I can't find the file for the game since i got it off of steam so if any of you guys wanna direct me, please do.

Error Code:35340467
    edited October 2014
    I get past the login screen, past the initial loading screen, but when it switches to the second loading screen, the game crashes after some weird glitch.
    edited October 2014
    I disabled smart firewall and auto-anti-virus, and was able to get in and playing. Game is rubber-banding like hell, but it is day one of a new expansion, so kinda expected.

I you were getting to the Cryptic screen and eventually crashing with an error message about the server connection, you can try my method. This is seriously unofficial, but try it if you want to. I’m not promising anything. Your mileage may vary. Don’t try this if you are pregnant, or wish to be pregnant. May cause death.

Shut down your PC. Don’t reboot, shut down.

Power up.

Wait for your PC to finish loading all your stuff. Can take anywhere from 2-10 minutes.

Open your STO window but don’t launch. Go to options and select safe launch.

Go to your antivirus, turn off smart firewall and auto anti-virus.

Launch STO.

If you were having the same problem I was having you’ll actually load now. Get all the way in, until you have a character in game.

Alt-tab back to desktop.

Turn smart wall and anti-virus back on.

Even with security turned back on I can launch normally now,

Good Luck, Jim.
  • sylverbeam7sylverbeam7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Crash to Desktop after Delta Rising Loading screen

Error ID# 34103134

and after safemode and lower settings I got different Error ID# 35704035

Ati Radeon 9600 graphics Card
    edited October 2014
    That fix doesn't work. Still crashes.
  • captainjayceecaptainjaycee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm having trouble myself. STO doesnt like my amd which has been a minor problem since LOR. takes forever for the game to stabilize to play.

new problem today. i get to the delta rising loading screen after seeing the blue flash of doom and then it continues to load. the problem for me is right before it switches to my character select screen i get a message that my AMD drivers stopped responding and where sucessfully restarted. i can hear the character select music. but i dont see my characters just this endless never ending delta rising logo that says "loading"

it sucks i even got off work early today to play delta rising XD

any ideas anyone?
    edited October 2014
    la-da-de-duh, we're still waiting, Cryptic.

*knock knock*

Anyone home?

Oh, I forgot, China doesn't answer the door.
  • k0pak0pa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yep it crashing to desktop after loading screen keep getting error 25664664
  • koenig1999koenig1999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I turned my card down to 1024 X 768 and it let me start the game. Once started I turned it back up. its been playing fine so far "knock on wood", lol
  • keithcooper1966keithcooper1966 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, I'm baaaaack. I'm getting code 35703942 this time around.
  • amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Error #35704035 :(

As if it would actually work as intended :rolleyes:

I'll just relax and wait for march or april to come, maybe by then our problems get solved;
    edited October 2014
    Hey, if we're lucky, it'll get fixed before the next millenium.
  • ryzchefryzchef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My screen turns completely black after the Delta Rising screen. I can hear the background music, but there is no picture.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Welcome back all.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    man there are a lot of people who are having problems logging in because of their graphics. Hell, I should be having problems on my PC since I have Intel graphics, but I am not! it seems its only on Nvidia GeForce graphics.

Someone, somewhere has totally screwed something up.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Blue Flash,
    DR loading screen,
    black toon selection page with music,
    Fatal error: Direct3d driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device.

ATI Radeon 3000

:(
    :confused:
    :mad:
    syW94ht.jpg
  • boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    man there are a lot of people who are having problems logging in because of their graphics. Hell, I should be having problems on my PC since I have Intel graphics, but I am not! it seems its only on Nvidia GeForce graphics.

Someone, somewhere has totally screwed something up.

No its not just people with Nvidia. I have Intel graphics and I'm having problems.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    boneskth wrote: »
    No its not just people with Nvidia. I have Intel graphics and I'm having problems.

Well then I am one of the lucky TRIBBLE who doesn't have any issues logging in :D Not yet.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series