test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did I miss an update, or...?

centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
There were no release notes for the last server maintenance, but this weekend I noticed some new things that surprised me.

1. Kobali phenotype options are now available at the tailor; Kobali are included in Delta Rising, but I did not expect to see components released without comment.

2. The cost of DOffs at the dilithium vendor at bases has gone up ~30% (now 800 dil for an uncommon, vs ~550).

I didn't go on a search for other changes, but I was disappointed to get no notice; therein lies the question, "did I miss the announcement somewhere else?". If not, then the "stealth updates" continue... :confused:
Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
STO player since November 2013
Post edited by centaurianalpha on

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2014
    2. The cost of DOffs at the dilithium vendor at bases has gone up ~30% (now 800 dil for an uncommon, vs ~550).

What!?!? I've been complaining about the personnel officer upgrading cost hike since S6 was released because it was a ridiculously high hike, specially since you sacrifice 5 blue doffs. Now we get another dil hike for doffs? Isn't the item upgrade system enough of a dil sink?
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    What!?!? I've been complaining about the personnel officer upgrading cost hike since S6 was released because it was a ridiculously high hike, specially since you sacrifice 5 blue doffs. Now we get another dil hike for doffs? Isn't the item upgrade system enough of a dil sink?

He is saying the fleet base cost has gone up not at the academey little hint some fleet stuff costchas gone down but i will not post what it is just go to the diffrent maps to find out.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He is saying the fleet base cost has gone up not at the academey
    Actually, the numbers I cited were from the DOff vendor at New Romulus Command, NOT a fleet base...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    The Kobali stuff in the character creator has been there since launch.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    The Kobali stuff in the character creator has been there since launch.

They added more including a special head shape.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    They added more including a special head shape.

Oh rly? I was not aware they had added a head shape. Going to have to go kill a BOFF now and bring it back as a Kobali :D
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited September 2014
    OK, I did not see this in any release notes, so when did missions start dropping dilithium and catalysts? I'm now seeing this stuff even in anomaly scans...! Maybe it's because not all my alt's are playing at higher difficulty levels? Not that I'm complaining; I never saw an actual catalyst before last night (which indicates to me that it's another stealth update from Thursday's "maintenance"). :confused:
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OK, I did not see this in any release notes, so when did missions start dropping dilithium and catalysts? I'm now seeing this stuff even in anomaly scans...! Maybe it's because not all my alt's are playing at higher difficulty levels? Not that I'm complaining; I never saw an actual catalyst before last night (which indicates to me that it's another stealth update from Thursday's "maintenance"). :confused:

The catalyst drops were in patch notes. I forget which day.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

You are probably reaping the fruits of the "Crafting Weekend" event, which gives harvest nodes a chance to drop extra R+D-related stuff.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it is enough of a dil sink. Gawd...

Just thinking aloud...
    Since DOffs are increasingly tied to the crafting system, e.g. lockbox DOffs like http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18044161&postcount=1 it looks like Cryptic is making it more expensive to obtain DOffs, since they have a larger role than providing mere space and ground traits. At this point, I really feel for the new players. This is going to push some into spending real monies on dil/EC -- which Cryptic/PWE is probably counting on. (It's a business, I get that. Profits keep the game afloat.)

No "dooom" intended. I just wish Cryptic could stop inflating costs.

Or start hold monthly dilithium grind events. <g>
    edited September 2014
    How long do you think it will take for a VR (purple) DOff to return the 12k dil investment? And uncommons are now up to 1000 dil, from only ~500 a month ago...:mad: If I could select the traits the DOffs had, it would be worth it, but not so much when they have traits that increase disaster chances!