test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Universe crossover to Star TREK, what would happen?

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Ten Forward
Ok Take all the origin stories, and give them a star trek look. Drop the timeline in Capt. Kirk era, and go from there.

Be it villians or Heros, how much would Star Trek change, if the DC Universe was mixed with it?

Remember this is from TOS time, when Kirk was in his prime.

So lets hear your thoughts.:D
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Captain Kirk would become Superman. And would still lose his shirt all the time and get all the girls.

Mr. Sulu would be Batman, and would get a bunch of girls and ALL of the guys, and would be as good with a sword as with his fists. And his voice would be like liquid chocolate.

Spock would be the Monitor. Or some other OP godlike good guy, because Spock has f*cking gravitas.

Scotty is totally the Flash, only cooler and better. Chekov can be Green Lantern, because Chekov's job was always kind of vague and so are the Lantern's powers. Uhura would be Power Girl because OP + cleavage is the perfect combination of what Uhura deserves and what all the male fans want. McCoy...not sure, but he'd have to be some character who's cool and tough and badass, because McCoy deserves that.
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok that's cool and all guys, but I was thinking more like Kirk meets superman, not Kirk becomes Superman lol.
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    With all the New tech. I can't help but think Brainiac would have a field day. It would be much easier for him to conquer worlds and devour all thier information if he had a fleet made up of every Federation ship there is. After all of earth's information was downloaded into his consciouss. He would move to Qo'nos. Then to Romulas. Wash and repeat until all intelligent life was downloaded and destroyed. The End.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I once heard that Kirk met Wonder Woman behind Fusion Reactor No.4.

Really? I heard it was Mr. Sulu, and he did Superman and Batman.
    edited September 2014
    hyefather I don't see Brainiac just rolling over everyone, even with all the high tech. Kirk and the gang would play a role in stopping him, and Superman will be there to help. So no Brainiac wouldn't just roll over the galaxy unchecked.
    edited September 2014
    And the Penguin would control the Orion Syndicate. :D
    edited September 2014
    I can see Kirk and the gang, with the help of Superman defeating Brainiac. Then years later He would return with the Borg, under Capt. Picard's watch, and Superman's children would play a role with this new fight.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As I recall, the DC Universe history includes a period sometime between the 21st and 30th centuries during which the so-called "heroic age" had temporarily ended (hence the reason why the Legion of Super-Heroes had to reach all the way back to Superman for a role model). Substitute Starfleet for "the Science Police", and this could work.

Incidentally, does anyone know what happened to the Green Lantern Corps during the interim? Because there's no sign of any GLs in the Legion comics that I've seen. (In the crossover here, perhaps the Guardians were shut down the by Q?)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited September 2014
    I can see Q TRIBBLE with the Guardians and the lantern corps. Maybe not to shut them down, but to have them chasing all things bad stuff he pulls out of his hat.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ask the guys who wrote the Marvel/Star Trek crossover for the comics, or the Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Ask the guys who wrote the Marvel/Star Trek crossover for the comics, or the Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover.
    Marvel's easier, though - they have nearly-infinite alternities. (The classic Marvel universe is designated Earth-616, for instance; the Ultimate line takes place in Earth-1610; the movies are set in Earth-199999.)

And no strong history has been set for Who, other than the fact that by the 51st century humans (and human-analogs) had developed a simpler form of time travel than the TARDIS, and a taste for pansexuality ("So many species, so little time"), and of course the ultimate fate of humanity billions of years from now, although that may have been diverted by the defeat of the Master in "Last of the Time Lords".

DC, however, has their universe laid out pretty strictly up to around, well, now, and picking up in the 31st century with the founding of the Legion of Super-Heroes. They only have 52 worldlines to choose from, and all of them include something like the current Heroic Age. (I hope they preserved that incredibly '70s timeline, with Sunshine Superman and his associates...) So if we want a version of Trek that descends from DC, that has to be accounted for. What happened to the GL Corps? Perhaps something went wrong with the Central Battery, and now the job of the Corps has fallen upon Starfleet? And what's preventing the use of superpowers during the period? Or is anything? Perhaps Starfleet recruits from among those species with useful powers... now I think I might want to start writing this story...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited September 2014
    jonsills I like the way you think. Glad I played a role with your thinking about writing a book on the topic. :D
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    DC bleh. Marvel YEAH!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited September 2014
    Apollo regains power because Wonder Woman believes in him. She may not like him, but that is irrelevant.

Luthor hacks Starfleet and learns of Flint. He kidnaps the dying ancient to learn the secret of his androids, with plans to raise an android army. In a surprising move though, Flint is freed by Vandal Savage who see long-lived Flint as a brother of sorts.

Joker is immediately rounded up and put in the Elba II asylum for the criminally insane. He manages to con Garth of Izar into teaching him cellular metamorphosis, uses it to break free, and begins a reign of chaos and terror.

The Question (Vic) is secretly overjoyed to learn of a universe full of mysterious ongoings and begins to investigate rumors of a rogue agency within the Federation. Section 31 eventually reveals itself to him and offers him a position, realizing his ability to gather information and connect the threads is unparalleled (except for the Batman, and he's not talking to them) They seal the deal by healing him of cancer.

Aquaman is brought in to consult on protecting and nuturing George & Gracie and their offspring.

Batman goes back into training, quickly masters Trek technology, and begins systematically taking down the Orion Syndicate.

Cyborg upgrades Pike's chair. He can still only beep yes and no, but can now fly in the vacuum of space and level a city.

Kirk sends the Flash in on every away mission. Despite wearing the biggest redshirt costume, he manages to safely spring all traps, and easily infiltrates all enemy strongholds, recovering all mcguffins critical for a successful mission.

The sudden merger of two universes plays havoc on Mars where a Federation presence suddenly finds itself admidst a society of shapeshifters. Diplomacy is necessary, as both claim the planet.

The great Klingon-Parademon War begins. Klingons are overjoyed. Apokalyps is not present because Trelaine became aware of him. It is going to be a long foxhunt.
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The impact of super-heroes and super-villains is somewhat reduced by the kinds of technology you have, even in the TOS era.

Superman? The further away he is from the sun, the less super he becomes. Weak against transporters.

Lex Luthor? A power-hungry genius would probably have better things to do than run a business empire and fight just the one alien. Also weak against transporters, phasers, bat'leths, and Human Augments.

Batman? Gotham is largely crime free, the Earth being a utopia, the dark knight would probably have to join Stafleet so he can brood at strange new worlds and new civilizations.

Joker? It's hard to remain an insane criminal genius in a universe with access to gene therapy, advanced psychiatric care, and, failing that, transporters. I ain't saying he couldn't cause trouble, but he wouldn't be able to cause trouble for long.

Wonder Woman? Give the lady a Starfleet commission and make her an ambassador to the Klingon empire. They'd love her. Unfortunately weak against transporters.

There's just not a whole lot that your average superhero can do that a Starfleet officer can't with the right technology and/or transporters. The super-huge-ultra-powerful entities would still have to contend with Organians, the Q, and whatever other god-like entities are floating around in there.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I'm seeing a pattern here... something to do with Transporters... :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 2014
    Transporters use the laws of physics to make a thing be somewhere else, in sub-atomic bits of necessary. This automatically trumps 99% of all super-powers.
    edited September 2014
    True... but the Transporter does have its limitations. I'm sure if it tried to lock onto Shadowcat while she's phased into something, you'd probably get the thing she's phased into or unable to lock on. The Flash? Probably can outrun a Transporter Lock.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited September 2014
    True, but they can also project force fields. I ain't saying that stuff like that ain't neat or useful, but the context of Star Trek makes it much less game-changing for everyone else.
    edited September 2014
    Very True. Although... the idea of Shadowcat in a Starfleet uniform...
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Apollo regains power because Wonder Woman believes in him. She may not like him, but that is irrelevant.

Luthor hacks Starfleet and learns of Flint. He kidnaps the dying ancient to learn the secret of his androids, with plans to raise an android army. In a surprising move though, Flint is freed by Vandal Savage who see long-lived Flint as a brother of sorts.

Joker is immediately rounded up and put in the Elba II asylum for the criminally insane. He manages to con Garth of Izar into teaching him cellular metamorphosis, uses it to break free, and begins a reign of chaos and terror.

The Question (Vic) is secretly overjoyed to learn of a universe full of mysterious ongoings and begins to investigate rumors of a rogue agency within the Federation. Section 31 eventually reveals itself to him and offers him a position, realizing his ability to gather information and connect the threads is unparalleled (except for the Batman, and he's not talking to them) They seal the deal by healing him of cancer.

Aquaman is brought in to consult on protecting and nuturing George & Gracie and their offspring.

Batman goes back into training, quickly masters Trek technology, and begins systematically taking down the Orion Syndicate.

Cyborg upgrades Pike's chair. He can still only beep yes and no, but can now fly in the vacuum of space and level a city.

Kirk sends the Flash in on every away mission. Despite wearing the biggest redshirt costume, he manages to safely spring all traps, and easily infiltrates all enemy strongholds, recovering all mcguffins critical for a successful mission.

The sudden merger of two universes plays havoc on Mars where a Federation presence suddenly finds itself admidst a society of shapeshifters. Diplomacy is necessary, as both claim the planet.

The great Klingon-Parademon War begins. Klingons are overjoyed. Apokalyps is not present because Trelaine became aware of him. It is going to be a long foxhunt.

Many, many LOLs here, especially at Pike's chair.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon