test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gear Upgrade Event (Now Ended)

Comments

• captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Dev Team, an upgrade for our precious armories, GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED. We will need it.
    quepan wrote: »
    how random is it going to be to acquire the needed components to construct this stuff ,

the whole crafting system reminds me of the old stf drop system , cuz ive been playing content all over the board and there are alot of components i havent yet seen to build any of the components to do any actual construction of any gear in the R&D system .
    Feels like we are back to the old STF way of who ever is lucky to get x drop to get x gear rather than equal chance to get gear yourself .
    i would love to be a crafter but not lucky enough to get the components needed. and the cost of these simple components is not worth the EC in the exchange in the long run .

t

That's my main problem with it. I've got dilithium and the patience to earn more when needed, but getting Mats that refuse to drop...that I can't deal with. I don't know why it's a good idea to have material boxes that don't even have the material it's named after guaranteed in the box. Just one.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Also as generous as the freebies are they'll barely be enough to upgrade one item, this system will require hundreds of the kits and not to mention mountains of dilithium that I still feel will turn off a lot of casual players :rolleyes:
    ^^ This. So much this.

They need to drastically reduce the amount of pay2win that is intertwined with this upgrade grind system.

Not to mention the fact that the only way to get the upgrade kits is by either crafting, which not everyone does; or buying them on the exchange, which everyone knows will be in the tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of ec. And thanks to the ec nerf not everyone has that much ec. Basically there will be a large part of the player base that will just be unable to upgrade any equipment. This is part of the reason that, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get excited about Delta Rising.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i would like this system more if they didn't have us spend dilithium every time you apply an upgrade kit, which could take several to actual complete the upgrade. Then even more dilithium to apply the upgrade itself and you may have to do that a number of times before you get the quality you want.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited September 2014
    I will take these free things... especially the accelerators. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tigeraries wrote: »
    yes you can but your still limited to max equip of 1 per ship.

you can claim more than 1 set right now, just need to equip them on different ships.

That was always true for theBreen_Absolute_Zero set.

Why on earth would anyone upgrade the set you were probably referring to.

On another note, has anyone on tribble tried upgrading Omega_Force ground? I'm curious what new modifiers are applied to these old sets.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    birzark wrote: »
    i would like this system more if they didn't have us spend dilithium every time you apply an upgrade kit, which could take several to actual complete the upgrade. Then even more dilithium to apply the upgrade itself and you may have to do that a number of times before you get the quality you want.

which is why mk XII will be enough for me. I can either spend dilithium on making a few pieces of equipment better or use it to buy money/zen. Zen is more valuable to me. Zen = c-store items or conversion to EC for future lobi or lockbox gear or ships.
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I thought PWE/Cryptic had no sense of humor.....even funnier still are all the (brain-dead) people actually falling for it.:D

This event is hilarious!:P:D
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I thought PWE/Cryptic had no sense of humor.....even funnier still are all the (brain-dead) people actually falling for it.:D

This event is hilarious!:P:D

You know, a smileyface doesn't really lessen the sting of an insult - unless you're a 12 year old halfwit :P
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok we get the free stuff but starting tomorrow can we start crafting the upgrades to upgrade our equipment as well?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ha! Awesome announcement. That'll give us a chance to test out the new system.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guess you can't start early enough to milk people dry. :rolleyes:
    Really? You actually feel compelled to say THAT? :rolleyes:
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    birzark wrote: »

Pretty much this. If they would charge a set amount of dilith per mark increase, fine. Charging dilith every time you apply a kit is ridiculous and is basically what makes this system a joke.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited September 2014
    I'm really starting to think whoever it is that schedules these events has access to my personal calendar, since they always have some overlap with when I'm either really busy at work or am going to be out of town. :confused:

Either that, or my horrible luck that I have with the RNG extends into scheduling as well. Oh well, this is why I have STO installed on the computer that goes with me on the road.
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jorumgandr wrote: »
    is this going to be on tribble or holodeck?

Holodeck. It's for real this time. No more safeguards. Bullets are gonna fly.

LaughingTrendy, I'm going to buy a prize hog and smoke its bacon just for YOU!!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Also as generous as the freebies are they'll barely be enough to upgrade one item, this system will require hundreds of the kits and not to mention mountains of dilithium that I still feel will turn off a lot of casual players :rolleyes:

Too true! I will save my Dilithium and EC for useful stuff.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Like how there starting this early but are the bugs sorted out yet?
    Probably not, but rolling out this chunk will allow them an early start at live bugfixing rather than having to deal with all of Delta Rising at once. Coping with smaller clusters of bugs and bugfixes is probably more manageable than the whole kit and caboodle. Remember LoR?
    saedeith wrote: »
    What are the odds of having a dilithium event before DR to try and give us dilith poor folks a head start on this dilithium sink?
    They did... or did you not save your CCE rewards?
    You know, a smileyface doesn't really lessen the sting of an insult - unless you're a 12 year old halfwit :P
    Sure it does, *****es love smiley faces. Though you probably shouldn't call 'em a *****.... :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am always log in but I see you want us to log in more and start crafting.. Did try that but takes so long and more to work to do. Just finishing up the Rep stuff for 100K Tier 5 across the board and toon factions. So now this, requires R&D school. and plenty of D-ore which has to be refined orc. Just can't keep up so much work. There got to be easier way?

Might just pass on this and take my changes with new gear that I can pick out myself on DR Rep system or those new DR missions instead. It too much to worry about making gear mark 14 or higher, like we're doing more the work instead of playing and grinding.

Thanks for the info for tomorrow though.. until 10/13. I'll be looking forward for 10/14 and see how it goes. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I get why it takes so much dilithium to do anything interesting. There needs to be a way to funnel it out of the economy without it affecting real-money income.

But, man, I ain't got the time for multi-stage crafting processes that takes SEVERAL DAYS WORTH OF WORK to do once.

And then it might fail.

I ain't a whale and I ain't gonna fork over real money to bypass an arbitrarily long and convoluted process.
    edited September 2014
    @ bread. Heh, must have missed it. Just been back about a week starting over so yeah. lol
  • kerriknightkerriknight Member Posts: 274
    edited September 2014
    1) Are these claimable daily? Because 3 kits isn't enough to do much of anything with a Mk XII.

2) Judging from the [Rad] mod on your example item, I take it rarity upgrades still assign the mod randomly with no way to select?
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    guys, the gear upgrade system isn't going to be craftable tomorrow. It will just be the once a week free stuff from what I am understanding, right?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited September 2014
    chalpen wrote: »
    guys, the gear upgrade system isn't going to be craftable tomorrow. It will just be the once a week free stuff from what I am understanding, right?

I'm not sure myself. It seems like a waste to even implement this now if we couldn't mess around with the system.
  • xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for these its awsome .

1) Are these claimable daily? Because 3 kits isn't enough to do much of anything with a Mk XII.

2) Judging from the [Rad] mod on your example item, I take it rarity upgrades still assign the mod randomly with no way to select?

Lol typical they offer something and still someone complains and asks for more .. and some people say devs are greedy lol a segment of players are far worse IMO
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is awesome news. And to give us a chance to play around with it. My Fed is my crafter, but he is almost lv10. So at least I can use it at different levels.

I will grab these cool gifts on each of my characters. Including the ones I rarely play as I might get around to them eventually to play.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    I'm not sure myself. It seems like a waste to even implement this now if we couldn't mess around with the system.

Claim stuff now and use later. I don't see the delay being at all material.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited September 2014

1) By all appearances, you can claim each set of upgrade items once... per character. Since you don't need Crafting Skill to apply the upgrades, and the upgrade widgets we are given are BtC... my thought is to pass a BtA, BoE, or unbound item around to the various characters so that I can actually get at least one good upgraded item out of all this. It won't work for Fleet/Rep gear, but unbound Crafting items etc. might work.

However, this...
    Claim stuff now and use later. I don't see the delay being at all material.
    ...sounds like a rather good idea. Use the upgrade widgets once they iron out more of the bugs and (hopefully) adjust the cost to upgrade to a more reasonable level. ;)

2) Yes, random [Mods] for each Quality are random just like the Crafting system. The exception to this is...
    jheinig wrote: »
    * Epic (Gold) items have special bonus mods

The bonus mod for an item at Epic (Gold) quality is a unique special mod that doesn't otherwise appear, generally more powerful than other mods. These are:
    Space Shield: [Cp/Rg] Combined capacity/regen boost
    Space Impulse Engine: [Drv2] Overcharged driver coil, double coil bonus
    Space Deflector: [SS/SI] Interlaced integrity, structural integrity/shield systems combined bonus
    Space Weapon: [Ac/Dm]: Bonus accuracy/damage combo
    Ground Shield: [Cap2] Double capacity bonus
    Ground Armor: [ResAll/HP] Bonus HP and bonus resist all damage
    Ground Weapon: [Dm/CrH] Bonus damage and critical chance combo
    ...the Epic [Mods], which are predefined based on item type.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chalpen wrote: »

...I think so but here's one of the release note items for tomorrow (regarding tweaks to lobi weapons).
    This conversion will happen automatically by choosing to Upgrade the item.

...I very much doubt the upgrade system is hitting before DR...but...it may be possible that it is.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited September 2014
    ...I think so but here's one of the release note items for tomorrow (regarding tweaks to lobi weapons).

...I very much doubt the upgrade system is hitting before DR...but...it may be possible that it is.
    It is, in part, according to...
    ...the Gear Upgrade Event! article. Since you'd be missing out on any possibility (however improbable) of getting a Quality upgrade when working with Ultra Rare items, I'd stick to upgrading only your Very Rare items if you want to tinker with it in this early form. Since this is Holodeck, I'd at least wait a bit before actually using them since all expenditures will be final... unlike Tribble, you can't just copy over your character again to try something else, so you have to be more careful about how you use your resources.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Oh,the irony....
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • kerriknightkerriknight Member Posts: 274
    edited September 2014
    Lol typical they offer something and still someone complains and asks for more .. and some people say devs are greedy lol a segment of players are far worse IMO

Uh, I asked 2 perfectly valid questions, where do you see the complaining?