test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

random unimportant person complains about ingame stuff to devs and community

drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
Been here since just before year 2. Bought a life sub nearly immediately. Joined my first guild in this game. Fleet, whatever, you know what I mean.

Bought every major pack that ever came out, including Legacy of Romulus and Advanced Dyson - and most of the lone ships.

Do you see what I am saying? I bought practically EVERYTHING, supported you guys (Cryptic) all the way.

I will not be buying the latest ship pack. I am not happy with where this game is going at all. Why bother buying this and having to upgrade them to T7 eventually? When will that STOP? I have no idea what you guys are even thinking any more.

When the ship pack doesn't sell anywhere near as well as you're thinking (and it won't), I want you to remember that THIS was the point that *most of us stopped pretending that we were okay with your dodgy bait-and-switch ways*.

I won't be 'leaving', and no-one can have any of my stuff, because I have a life sub. But the time where I bought all the packs has well and truly finished, because you guys can't leave well enough alone (Seriously, you completely and utterly ruined my play experience with the last so-called patch - I would totally get a refund for my life sub if possible, just on general principle - I'm utterly and completely disgusted with your attitude towards your customers lately - you might remember us as 'those rubes that give you money').

I will always remain a fan (I've had some great times with this game), but I am no longer interested in financially supporting your continual goosing/reaming of my play experience.
Post edited by drazursouthclaw on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Behold the entitlement.:P
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Been here since just before year 2. Bought a life sub nearly immediately. Joined my first guild in this game. Fleet, whatever, you know what I mean.

Bought every major pack that ever came out, including Legacy of Romulus and Advanced Dyson - and most of the lone ships.

Do you see what I am saying? I bought practically EVERYTHING, supported you guys (Cryptic) all the way.

I will not be buying the latest ship pack. I am not happy with where this game is going at all. Why bother buying this and having to upgrade them to T7 eventually? When will that STOP? I have no idea what you guys are even thinking any more.

When the ship pack doesn't sell anywhere near as well as you're thinking (and it won't), I want you to remember that THIS was the point that *most of us stopped pretending that we were okay with your dodgy bait-and-switch ways*.

I won't be 'leaving', and no-one can have any of my stuff, because I have a life sub. But the time where I bought all the packs has well and truly finished, because you guys can't leave well enough alone (Seriously, you completely and utterly ruined my play experience with the last so-called patch - I would totally get a refund for my life sub if possible, just on general principle - I'm utterly and completely disgusted with your attitude towards your customers lately - you might remember us as 'those rubes that give you money').

I will always remain a fan (I've had some great times with this game), but I am no longer interested in financially supporting your continual goosing/reaming of my play experience.

I agree with you ....
    I wish they would charged 300$ for new update.
    Cryptic attitude towards customers is all ways the same...
    If supported Cryptic buying all toys in game it's plane to see they refuse to lesion to LT members.
    if they had the game would never gone free to play.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I sometimes wonder if people walk into shops and start bemoaning the store owner for constantly stocking new things?

and they dont even give you half their store away for free.
  • cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its called progress. Did you get mad each time you reached a higher level and got a new ship?? If not then why now were moving to level 60 why not get a t6 ship?? I get it you spent real life money getting your ships right where you wanted them and you love the way it looks and you have been flying it for years I get it but the game is moving forward I know you want more endgame content but dont mess with your ship sorry.

Nobody forced you to buy all those packs it was your choice. And when you did buy them you used them and had fun. Remember that your choice you were not forced to spend a dime on anything in the c-store.
    Sur I was not to happy with season 9.5 but I never ever went on here with this kind of rant after all its a darn game :)
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    if you ever paid any attention to the forums you would know that players have been screaming out for bigger and better ships since at least when I started playing 3 years ago, in this time the devs have been able stave off the demands by increasing the weapons levels but they could not put this off forever.
    with enough demand for something the devs will most likely give in, this is plainly evident by the anti disco bomb device that has been introduced recently.

there is nothing making you upgrade your ships to T6, you don't even have to get the T5u upgrade if you don't want to, the devs have already stated that most of the new content will be perfectly fine with existing ships and gear, only the highest end stuff might be a bit of a challenge and be better suited to T5u & T6 ships but this will only likely be an elite stf type thing anyway.

granted I was a bit put out myself by the upgrade charge for c-store ships but I have now resigned myself to the fact that I will likely never upgrade them and will just run with the ones I can upgrade for free, problem solved.

stop making a mountain out of a molehill and keep on trekking. :)
    I agree with you ....
    I wish they would charged 300$ for new update.
    Cryptic attitude towards customers is all ways the same...
    If supported Cryptic buying all toys in game it's plane to see they refuse to lesion to LT members.
    if they had the game would never gone free to play.

cryptic will never charge for content, don't be so elitist as too suggest the ftp players should not enjoy this update.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »
    (...)
    Nobody forced you to buy all those packs it was your choice. And when you did buy them you used them and had fun. Remember that your choice you were not forced to spend a dime on anything in the c-store.
    Sur I was not to happy with season 9.5 but I never ever went on here with this kind of rant after all its a darn game :)

This. If you feel the need to spend hundreds of dollars on a free to play game nobody is to blame but you, since you decided that it's hundreds of dollars worth to you to play a little starship in a videogame when you had the choice to do the exact same thing for free. But that's just me, I'm from a different day and age. I paid some 50-60 bucks for a game and that was it, I had years of fun with those games and when they were expanded or succeeded I either bought the successor or decided not to do that. I did the same with STO - I bought a retail and a subscription. The moment the game went F2P I stopped spending money and it never occured to me how people can spend 300+ dollars on a video-game.

But the most important thing is that those spendings do not entitle you to anything. You paid to use in-game items earlier than others, you recieved that, it was worth the price to you but that advantage is now gone since new stuff is coming. You didn't already pay for that, you need to pay again if you want - like I said, I will never understand why anyone would do that. But that's how it works.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014

so? I have been here since Beta. I have a life sub. am I any more special than you? nope. are you any more special than an F2p that joined last week? nope.

get over yourself, no one cares.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im happy that the lvl is going up to lvl 60 it gives me something to work on again as ive finnished all reps n all 5 of my chars have mk xii fleet n rep stuff. If the lvl was not going up soon i would of gone to a diffrent game by now, instead i am grinding dill to help pay for some new ships boff n stuff i wont to get.

I do get that craptic do stuff that upsets people but a lvl rise is not on my list. How about ur lobi stuff not been leveless now or most of the new crafting being buged rep passives being changed or long ttime bugs not getting fixed.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so? no one cares.

That's what my brother keeps saying, it's also why he left the game. :(

I'm not sure there really is a place to address an issue if you have one. I need a couple things fixed but I dare not say anything openly.
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I always felt renting content online was worth plus minus 0 dollars.

You didn't have to pay anything to play and now here we are. There is only 1 person to blame
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited September 2014

If you've been here that long, getting it right should not be hard

good for you...

buying stuff does not automatically give you the right to complain.

Oh, so you're just another crybaby over the fact they are adding T6. It's their game. They can make whatever changes CBS lets them. If you don't like it, TS

the last "patch" was last week. If you are referring to 9.5, I really don't see how an interface change and a change to one game mechanic is utterly ruining anything. Get over yourself.

So you're not going to buy the ship pack?

guess what? Crytpic doesn't care. I don't care. Nobody cares. No one cares about people who cry when something better is added.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    vestereng wrote: »
    I always felt renting content online was worth plus minus 0 dollars.

You didn't have to pay anything to play and now here we are. There is only 1 person to blame

Curse you Sisko!
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OP I know this is your first time playing an MMO, your statements prove that, but guess what, new content always brings higher level gear. I know that having done mmorpg's for over 10 plus years. Complaining on the forums doesn't help anything. It only adds to the spam.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It really doesn't matter if their new ship pack sells well or not. It doesn't matter if you buy it or not. Do you open your wallet to buy zen for anything? You're supporting them. Do you only use convert dilitium to zen via the dil exchange? you're supporting them, that zen had to come from somewhere. Lock boxes maybe? Guess what, as long as those are around there will be morons throwing buckets of money at PWE to buy keys, either to open those boxes or to sell on the exchange to other people who are...yes that's right supporting them by buying the keys off the exchange.
    When I first started playing STO (the day it went F2P) I looked at the then c-store, picked out all the account wide items I thought would be useful and directly purchased them. Ever since then I've supported them indirectly by using the dil exchange for ships, or other items from the now zen store.
    The point is, unless you never use the dil exchange or buy those idiot magnet box keys...or any other z-store item that can be sold on the exchange for that matter, you are supporting them whether you like it or not.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think its fair to jump down this guys throat, and a sense of entitlement may well be deserved if a person spends a large amount of money with a specific company over a period of time.

This is something that many multinational companies encourage with 'loyalty cards' ect, they build a relationship of give and take with the customer (of course the business by its very definition needs to take more than it gives).

I don't think most of the people upset by delta rising feel they should be entitled to everything for free, but they do feel entitled to a little bit of give and take, and a little bit of loyalty from cryptic - for instance the levelless item debacle is a bit of a slap in the face to people paid for those item in good faith (they were described as levelless after all).

It would not cost Cryptic much to be a little more loyal towards its playbase, and many companies do this anyway, not out of a sense of kindness, but because it makes good business sense - happy customers are paying customers - who stick around and continue to buy your product.

I'm under no illusion that Cryptic/PWE are here to be our friends, they are a business and out to make money, pure and simple - however, even from a business point of view, it would make sense to keep your customers happy - in particular, rewarding those who have supported them with large and/or continuous purchases over the years. Customers who feel 'burnt' are far less likely to make more purchases in the future.

But that's just me, many businesses do not follow these kind of rules, Cryptic/PWE most probably feel they make enough money that they don't need to worry about customer satisfaction.
  • mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The 'entitlement' defense of corporate apologists never ceases to amuse me. He's a customer. He is, in fact, entitled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCz7MOhMF8g

Ignore the trolls, keep complaining all you want, it actually does work when enough are doing it. Publically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo
  • xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The 'entitlement' defense of corporate apologists never ceases to amuse me. He's a customer. He is, in fact, entitled..

Your type of comment never ceases to amaze me . So yea that is the other side of a coin. You like a product you by it you don't like it you don't .

"being a customer" doesn't give you any "rights" of any kind if you read the tos you would understand that .

You can give suggestions but thats all they are suggestion if the devs decide not to act on them that is fine becase IT"S THEIR GAME.

I am also a LifeTime subscriber and have spent my share of money here . Am I 100% happy no if i had to quantify it i would say i'm probably somewhere in the 80% range . As long as it does not drop below 50 percent i ll keep playing.

If i make a suggestion and they don't take it fine . I am not going to jump up and down and throw a tantrum "becasuse im a customer and they HAVE to listen to me because i'm the king of the universe"
  • atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Behold the entitlement.:P

Actually no. OP is a "whale" and Cryptic's primary audience. If they TRIBBLE off more like him then the game's going to take a financial hit.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I am a pre-order LTS members... I should get Dil instead of EC for trashing loot-drops.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your type of comment never ceases to amaze me . So yea that is the other side of a coin. You like a product you by it you don't like it you don't .

"being a customer" doesn't give you any "rights" of any kind if you read the tos you would understand that .

You can give suggestions but thats all they are suggestion if the devs decide not to act on them that is fine becase IT"S THEIR GAME.

I am also a LifeTime subscriber and have spent my share of money here . Am I 100% happy no if i had to quantify it i would say i'm probably somewhere in the 80% range . As long as it does not drop below 50 percent i ll keep playing.

If i make a suggestion and they don't take it fine . I am not going to jump up and down and throw a tantrum "becasuse im a customer and they HAVE to listen to me because i'm the king of the universe"

1) TOS is not a legally binding contract, and any courts outside the US (which is biased in favour of corporations 9 times out of 10, nor do they have a consumer protection agency apart from the pitiful BBB) dismiss any attempts to reference TOS in cases pertaining to software.

2) In the event of a company behaving unethically, as PWE is now, customers not only have a right to, but should, speak up.

3) Whether or not his complaining is valid or not; (in this case it is) pratty apologism on behalf of the company is bad for everyone, including you, even if you don't agree. If anyone do not have the right to act as they are, it is you, for trying to push your beliefs unto others. You are not entitled to agreement. He is entitled to complain. The end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This. If you feel the need to spend hundreds of dollars on a free to play game nobody is to blame but you, since you decided that it's hundreds of dollars worth to you to play a little starship in a videogame when you had the choice to do the exact same thing for free. But that's just me, I'm from a different day and age. I paid some 50-60 bucks for a game and that was it, I had years of fun with those games and when they were expanded or succeeded I either bought the successor or decided not to do that. I did the same with STO - I bought a retail and a subscription. The moment the game went F2P I stopped spending money and it never occured to me how people can spend 300+ dollars on a video-game.

But the most important thing is that those spendings do not entitle you to anything. You paid to use in-game items earlier than others, you recieved that, it was worth the price to you but that advantage is now gone since new stuff is coming. You didn't already pay for that, you need to pay again if you want - like I said, I will never understand why anyone would do that. But that's how it works.

The scumbaggery some people illicit on here is insane, because people choose to spend 300 or more dollars on the game is not really the problem I don't understand why you feel it's wrong for someone to spend money on a game they enjoy and I could never understand on these forms why some people act as though it is a badge of honor for them to have not spent any money on STO but yet they will be the ones crying when STO closes shop that we have no more Star Trek mmo to play I know people who have spent hundreds if not thousands on this game already me being one of them I'm not ashamed to say it I spent my money I had the money to spend I enjoyed it and there it is but for you to imply that there's something wrongwith them because they spend over a certain amount of money on a game is just ........well lucky for us we have have mods on here because I can't really say what I really want to say.... But I will say it begins with a D
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • pompoulusspompouluss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The 'entitlement' defense of corporate apologists never ceases to amuse me. He's a customer. He is, in fact, entitled.

He paid for a hamburger and he's entitled to the hamburger he bought. He has already received it. He's not entitled to anything more than that, legally or ethically. Sorry.
    edited September 2014
    I'd say it's more like he paid for permanent access to extra cable channels and received them, but he was never guaranteed the programming on those extra channels would stay the same. ;)

I'd say he payed for a game that was in the state that it was when he payed...

He got that... And more, since they updated the game, and added new content for free.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wildweasal wrote: »
    The scumbaggery some people illicit on here is insane, because people choose to spend 300 or more dollars on the game is not really the problem I don't understand why you feel it's wrong for someone to spend money on a game they enjoy and I could never understand on these forms why some people act as though it is a badge of honor for them to have not spent any money on STO but yet they will be the ones crying when STO closes shop that we have no more Star Trek mmo to play I know people who have spent hundreds if not thousands on this game already me being one of them I'm not ashamed to say it I spent my money I had the money to spend I enjoyed it and there it is but for you to imply that there's something wrongwith them because they spend over a certain amount of money on a game is just ........well lucky for us we have have mods on here because I can't really say what I really want to say.... But I will say it begins with a D

If simple voicing of my personal point of view about the matteroffends you then that cannot be helped I guess. But my intention was not to be rude, I merely thought I could voice some thoughts on the matter while discussing it. Though this was not the point of my posting, I clearly said that it's okay if someone thinks that STOs gaming experience is worth hundreds and thousands of dollars but that still doesn't entitle anyone to anything. My point was that the OP "used up" all the items he or she paid for. New items were not a part of that deal. Mind you, there is quite a lot to discuss on T6 and Cryptics additions to the game, the OP however asked why he or she has to pay again after spending a lot of money, at least this is what I understand.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    cincyman39 wrote: »
    Its called progress. Did you get mad each time you reached a higher level and got a new ship?? If not then why now were moving to level 60 why not get a t6 ship?? I get it you spent real life money getting your ships right where you wanted them and you love the way it looks and you have been flying it for years I get it but the game is moving forward I know you want more endgame content but dont mess with your ship sorry.

Progress, humans will always hate it. I welcome the new diversity and ships, I'll have fun smashing the ones that are half assed built, and look forward to building some new play styles myself. The STO community has really shown their maturity level the past few weeks. You all used to be my favorite gaming community.....
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    OP I know this is your first time playing an MMO, your statements prove that, but guess what, new content always brings higher level gear. I know that having done mmorpg's for over 10 plus years. Complaining on the forums doesn't help anything. It only adds to the spam.

Not ALL MMOs operate that way...Only Linear Theme Park MMOs. This one just can't make up its mind which one it is, Linear TP or Sandbox

I played SWG from month 8 to sunset and my gear stayed pretty much the same through out each phse (pre0cu, cu, NGE) only when they released those 3 updates. Of course they introduced new items but it was a shell then crafted into a better version. I played TOR, most of my guildees from both games called it the Kids version of SW, because it was linear and held every ones hands. And like you said there was new gear for each expansion, in other words a perpetual grind. That is why we left that game.

If the brain trust looked at this game, like the ships are an appearance and people paid to upgrade their stats and kept the appearance, guess what...a much happier player base.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so? I have been here since Beta. I have a life sub. am I any more special than you? nope. are you any more special than an F2p that joined last week? nope.

Ohh but Anemarie30 you are special! Soooooo very special :P
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    If simple voicing of my personal point of view about the matteroffends you then that cannot be helped I guess. But my intention was not to be rude, I merely thought I could voice some thoughts on the matter while discussing it. Though this was not the point of my posting, I clearly said that it's okay if someone thinks that STOs gaming experience is worth hundreds and thousands of dollars but that still doesn't entitle anyone to anything. My point was that the OP "used up" all the items he or she paid for. New items were not a part of that deal. Mind you, there is quite a lot to discuss on T6 and Cryptics additions to the game, the OP however asked why he or she has to pay again after spending a lot of money, at least this is what I understand.

my apologies dear sir ....wont you share some kanar with me?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    edited September 2014
    I'd argue that MMO's are more of a service, and we pay to access/enhance the service our accounts have access to. I say that because we don't actually buy anything. At the end of the day when the servers shut down we have nothing to show for it.

I don't mean to sound nitpicky but IMO when you pay/buy a game it means you can keep playing it even if the company that made it shuts down.

I agree on the last part... Once Cryptic goes down, we should get stand alone servers for our game...
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No it isn't deserved.

Well, I disagree, as do many multinational corporations who feel rewarding customer loyalty makes good business sense.

But I appreciate that you are entitled to your opinion :)