test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Build Your Perfect Trek Show

catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Ten Forward
Choose the specifics of what you would think would make a the perfect Trek series...writers can build around the setup so dont worry about being underpowered for enemys this is mostly for story

Ship:
Crew:
Era:
Uniforms:
Captain:

My picks...
NX Enterprise
TNG Crew
TOS Era
TOS Uniforms
Picard
Post edited by catstarsto on

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    New Ship that is not the Enterprise
    New crew of assorted personalities and species from all 4 quadrants
    During STO's storylines because the Iconians are really cool.
    New uniforms based off the Sierra designs because those uniforms are stylish and functioning.
    Nerdy captain who acts as the Star Trek fan vehicle because nerds are cool now

In other words...

STAR TREK: SIERRA!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im probably the only one, but i liked the TOS Klingons better then the animalistic ones. the tng/ds9 era romulans are better, the NX ship i realize isnt your normal pushbutton trek but the ship all around is the best sci fi ship ive ever scene, a lot of drama and good shots can be built around it...it should have been the design for TOS...the colors for the TOS outfits are decent but i like em mostly because of the female outfits ^^; the weapons and tricorders from Enterprise look cooler then the normal ones for me, and during that era caitians where more like M'ress instead of the Nimbus 3 halfbreeds

sierra is modern day jjverse, but the new uniforms they have isnt too bad they just need their own era of badgesomething to match the chromatic and class highlighted color like sci fi pilots wings
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    catstarsto wrote: »
    Choose the specifics of what you would think would make a the perfect Trek series...writers can build around the setup so dont worry about being underpowered for enemys this is mostly for story

Ship:
    Crew:
    Era:
    Uniforms:
    Captain:

My picks...
    NX Enterprise
    TNG Crew
    TOS Era
    TOS Uniforms
    Picard

Ent-D, because even though the STO Galaxy is a flaming TRIBBLE the original is a sweet ship.
    TNG AND DS9 crew, with Shran hanging around for some implausible reason.
    TNG era.
    TOS uniforms. I wanna see Picard lose his shirt on an away mission.
    Picard as the Captain, forever. The Sisko as his XO and coordinator of deity punching.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ship: Something that is not a Flying Spoon. Give me a triangular spearhead shape, similar to an Elachi S'golf or Jem'Hadar ship.
    Crew: A crew of soldiers.
    Era: Early Starfleet, or maybe even the same time as Star Trek: Renegades.
    Uniforms: Military Uniforms. Think MACO, with different camouflage schemes to match whatever various environments they could enounter.
    Captain: Someone with the philosophical mind like Picard's, but with the cunning tactician mind of a General.

Basically, it would be the Navy side of Starfleet. Think something similar to Band of Brothers. And if you REALLY want to be adventurous, you could even have some Top Gun inspiration too.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ship: USS Excelsior
    Crew: DS9
    Era: STO
    Uniforms: Odyssey
    Captain: Summer Glau (Because why not? :D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Adapt Keith Decandido's IKS Gorkon novels, thank you very much. He's even figured out the cast list for the characters not based on the show...
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited September 2014

For a ship, I wish to see an Ambassador class in action. I love that design, but it should have gold outlining it's features! Or even give it one of those STO makeovers like they did for the Galaxy, Sovereign and Constitution refit.

The crew I know the best is TNG, So Having Data aboard is a must! But I would have to mix in the Voyager crew as well, minus 7 of 9!! Nog is my favorite Ferengi, he needs a spot in Ten Forward!

I would have to say, the TNG era. I loved the closeness of the crew, and it wasn't all about fighting.

I generally hate uniforms, I love individuality! But given the choice of any uniform, I would have to say the formal dress uniforms from Nemesis. They looked so regal! The TNG Movies, with the grey shoulders looked ugly, but the Serra uniforms, gawd they looked hideous! They are the reason I purchased a uniform pack when I began playing, my toon deserved to look better!

For a Captain, I wish to see Janeway or another woman have command once again. I would even try out for the part! hehe
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Im probably the only one, but i liked the TOS Klingons better then the animalistic ones.

You are not the only one. TNG/DS9 dumbed down the Klingons BIG time. They went from intelligent Cold Warriors to Viking brutes.

Their smarts and cunning got passed on to the Cardassians--so if you liked the TOS Klingons, I suspect you would enjoy the Cardassians.

Which brings me to my perfect series...an easy choice: continue DS9.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    You are not the only one. TNG/DS9 dumbed down the Klingons BIG time. They went from intelligent Cold Warriors to Viking brutes.

Their smarts and cunning got passed on to the Cardassians--so if you liked the TOS Klingons, I suspect you would enjoy the Cardassians.

Which brings me to my perfect series...an easy choice: continue DS9.

Well, in the defense of Klingons, Worf and Martok had a lot of sound tactical sense.

I've always seen the Klingons as a hybrid of Space Vikings and Space Russians. Heck, the Klingon Empire, militarily speaking, is Space Russia--invading Russia, like invading the Klingon Empire, is suicide, but both states are not very militarily effective outside of their home regions (compare Klingon raider effectiveness with the effectiveness of the rump end of the KDF fleet agains tthe Fek and Undine in the Fek arc and Surface Tension).
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would have a mixed crew of Federation, Klingon and Romluans on a new ship made by the 3 governments. The point would be a joint exploration of the core of the Galaxy, where they would in turn find their way to other galaxies. A new race that lives in the core systems would help them with this task, and one from this race of elder beings would join this crew to explored the great unknown.

Mind you this wouldn't be like Voyager, this crew can return back to the home galaxy anything they wish. With the help of the Elder race, they are using tech they provided for this new ship.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My perfect series would be completely outside the apparent scope of this thread, as the OP seems to imply that we should be restricted to mixing-and-matching elements from existing series.
    I want to see the starship Magellan, a brand-new class (although I would not be averse to using the Odyssey-class as a template) equipped with quantum slipstream drive, exploring some of the satellite galaxies of the Milky Way. What strange things might await in the Canis Minor Dwarf Irregular galaxy? Find out in the premiere episode of Star Trek: Magellan!

Setting is the mainline Trekverse, sometime after the conclusion of Voyager, possibly even post-STO. Crew can include any species thus far shown in Trek, although if you wanted, say, a Founder or a Breen, you might have to lay some extra groundwork to justify it. The ship will have construction facilities aboard, so they can replace lost shuttles and torpedoes, as well as repairing damage the ship has taken (thus averting one of VOY's greatest flaws, the need to rely on the Reset Button to avoid the question of resupply). There will also be a rather large crew, although eventually it might be necessary to recruit new crew from new civilizations found Out There...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    How about something more original?
      Ship: USS Callisto (Luna-class)
      [*]Captain: Jennifer Kirkpatrick. Human female, early forties, black or Latina actress (character is multiracial), born on a Federation colony world near the Romulan Neutral Zone. Career officer, operations officer of the USS Venture during the Dominion War, commanded a Defiant-class on patrol duty afterwards. Favors a Picard command style but has a ruthless pragmatist streak like Sisko.
      [*]Crew:
      • First officer: Commander Jorn Koris. Bajoran male from Bajor, religious but secular, fought in the Resistance as a teenager and has a touch of PTSD.
      • Tactical Officer: Lieutenant Haelivthras th'Shvrashli. Andorian thaan, goes by Thrass.
      • Chief Engineer: Lieutenant Commander Mina Durani. Human female, born and raised in Kandahar, Afghanistan, former enlisted crewman.
      • Chief Medical Officer: Lieutenant (jg) T'Shen. Vulcan female from Vulcan, more of a Spock type rather than the dickwads we got in the later series. As sharp as they come, double-majored in trauma surgery and psychiatry (so she does double-duty as ship's counselor). On her first assignment to a starship.
      • Operations Officer: Lieutenant Commander Jian Huang. Human male from Centauri VII, openly TRIBBLE.
      • Science Officer: Lieutenant Ardali Savin. Trill female, unjoined, develops UST with Commander Jorn that eventually gets to the point where even Captain Kirkpatrick ends up shipping them.
      • Rotating secondary cast of enlisted and junior officers
      [*]Era: 2381
      [*]Uniforms: TNG movie, or a new style

Exploration show that takes us deep into the unexplored reaches of the Alpha Quadrant, northwest of Federation space, well beyond support. Think Voyager, except they were actually intended to be out of contact from Starfleet for years on end.

Tone is a reconstruction style after DS9's deconstruction: No, we're not perfect, sometimes we massively TRIBBLE up, but we're still trying. Ship runs more like a present-day US Navy ship to reflect doctrinal evolution from the Dominion War.

Season format is two-to-four episode mini-arcs, sort of like ENT season 4 or old-series Doctor Who.

Early on we can deal with some familiar faces like the Breen, but then we leave them behind and delve deep into space we've never seen before. Season 3 and 4 has overriding myth arc of Kirkpatrick et al. trying to end an interstellar war.

Executive producers are Ira Steven Behr and Joss Whedon.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      Star Trek: The Misadventures of Reg Barclay (working title) ;)

The time has come for a Trek-based sitcom featuring Dwight Schultz as Reg Barclay and his latest disasters, both personal and professional. Guest starring LeVar Burton as Geordi LaForge his commanding officer and Robert Picardo as Dr. Lewis Zimmerman.
      My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
      Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      bluegeek wrote: »

The time has come for a Trek-based sitcom featuring Dwight Schultz as Reg Barclay and his latest disasters, both personal and professional. Guest starring LeVar Burton as Geordi LaForge his commanding officer and Robert Picardo as Dr. Lewis Zimmerman.

I hate you so much right now, Blue Geek.

I hate you more than original Khan hated Kirk.

You task me. You task me and I shall have you.
      "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      bluegeek wrote: »

Pilot Episode: The Perfect Date

After reading some old logs from DS9, Reg decides to investigate the cause of a transporter accident that stored crewmembers' transporter patterns in the holodeck ("Our Man Bashir"). He inadvertently beams himself and Zimmerman into one of his personal holodeck programs he's using to try out different scenarios to ask one of his coworkers on a date ... with Zimmerman playing the part of the woman (in drag). Geordi and Reg's latest crush try to get them out.

(Yes, yes, I have a twisted, wrong mind...)
      My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
      Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
      edited September 2014
      Oh dear......I'm just going to leave this and this here. :rolleyes:
      I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
      My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
      edited September 2014
      starswordc wrote: »

Executive producers are Ira Steven Behr and Joss Whedon.

Yes, please! And get J. M. Straczynski along for the ride, even if only as a guest writer. Please & Thank you! :cool:
    • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      Yes, please! And get J. M. Straczynski along for the ride, even if only as a guest writer. Please & Thank you! :cool:

I completely forgot about him. Shame on me. I want him as a senior staff writer, minimum.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
      edited September 2014
      valoreah wrote: »
      The ideal Trek would be William Shatner playing every part. :D

heh, and u though he was expensive to book before....

jonsills wrote: »
      My perfect series would be completely outside the apparent scope of this thread, as the OP seems to imply that we should be restricted to mixing-and-matching elements from existing series.

i think we need to track down this OP and teach him a thing or two! who does he think he is?!

lunasto wrote: »

For a ship, I wish to see an Ambassador class in action. I love that design, but it should have gold outlining it's features! Or even give it one of those STO makeovers like they did for the Galaxy, Sovereign and Constitution refit.

The crew I know the best is TNG, So Having Data aboard is a must! But I would have to mix in the Voyager crew as well, minus 7 of 9!! Nog is my favorite Ferengi, he needs a spot in Ten Forward!

I would have to say, the TNG era. I loved the closeness of the crew, and it wasn't all about fighting.

I generally hate uniforms, I love individuality! But given the choice of any uniform, I would have to say the formal dress uniforms from Nemesis. They looked so regal! The TNG Movies, with the grey shoulders looked ugly, but the Serra uniforms, gawd they looked hideous! They are the reason I purchased a uniform pack when I began playing, my toon deserved to look better!

For a Captain, I wish to see Janeway or another woman have command once again. I would even try out for the part! hehe

=@.@= ...why not just ask for sailor moon with a flying unicorn? :rolleyes:

...u wanna know what i would like, is to see a cartoon about the USS Kittyprize, and its crew of lolcats :3 ...thats MY original idea!
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      Better and consistent story writing. Someone or group needs to vet scripts to ensure they do not start to conflict with earlier episodes in the series or with established canon. A bit of action would be nice as well.

Less techno babble. That is probably my biggest gripe about Star Trek...
    • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      Ship: TMP 'H.M.S. Bounty' (Klingon BOP)
      Crew: Chakotay, Kira, Dax, T'Pol, Torres, Paris, Kim, Dr. Crusher, Tasha, Barclay, Ro Laren, Hoshi Sato and Shran.
      Era: Enterprise era- Temporal wars
      Uniforms: Mirror universe
      Captain: Commander Shran, with Chatokay as X.O.

:eek:
      KBF Lord MalaK
      Awoken Dead
      giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
      edited September 2014

=@.@= ...why not just ask for sailor moon with a flying unicorn? :rolleyes:
      ![/I]

Lets meet up for lunch!

That isn't Sailor Moon, it's Rini, A.K.A. Mini Moon!
      Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
      "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
    • squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      My perfect and unassailable vision of a better Trek:

Ship: SS Botany Bay
      Crew: A bunch of ice-cubes with a meaty human center
      Era: Pre-TOS
      Uniforms: Varies
      Captain: The Auto-Pilot

This series would follow the week to week exploits of a bunch of superhumans that spend the entirety of each episode in cryostasis.
      edited September 2014
      lunasto wrote: »
      Lets meet up for lunch!

:O

...hey johnsills, i need a stunt double for this scene, can u help a cat out? :3
      edited September 2014
      Lucky for you, I have some stunt doubles ready and waiting. :D
      edited September 2014
      lindaleff wrote: »
      Lucky for you, I have some stunt doubles ready and waiting. :D

XD that'll work
      edited September 2014
      ok, i need to ask...if they where willing to make a trek show dedicated to the mirror universe, would u be for it and what captain/crew would u want to play the lead?

we seen mirror kirk and archer, but imagine sisko, picard,janeway and worf mirror style. giving that some thought, it might be best during the ds9 era so that they would all be in the show.

http://thumbnails108.imagebam.com/28528/e84084285276456.jpg
    • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
      edited September 2014
      ok, i need to ask...if they where willing to make a trek show dedicated to the mirror universe, would u be for it and what captain/crew would u want to play the lead?

we seen mirror kirk and archer, but imagine sisko, picard,janeway and worf mirror style. giving that some thought, it might be best during the ds9 era so that they would all be in the show.

http://thumbnails108.imagebam.com/28528/e84084285276456.jpg

Well, we've seen two of those four mirror-style. Both were evil. One is dead, and the other is a politicking coward. Mirror Janeway, if she's bad, might not be that different from Arachnia, which could be kind of fun.

DS9 era, eh? I don't recall seeing Ducat in the Mirrorverse. It might be interesting to see him in a complete reversal, and be the clever, backboned, caring hero-in-command that Sisko is in the prime universe.

Likewise it would be interesting seeing Smiley's growth into a seasoned captain of the mirror Defiant.