What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Options
    hn45hn45 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about the 'Shaved Hawk' option for Romulans, seeing as about half of our NPCs use it, and it's even teased by the Romulan Klingon on the ally select screen.
  • Options
    romulanforcesromulanforces Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd liked to see:

1. Borg nanite skin textures for the entire body

2. More Borg uniform armour variations for liberated bridge officers - plus attachments

3. A Romulan hologram bridge officer - with the ability to modify uniform (after all they are programmed to be altered). Maybe an option to modify abilities with crafting??

4. Romulan Republic Elite Armour - specific variant of the M.A.C.O & KDF versions.

5. And lastly, a Romulan Lifetime Veteran badge - the Feds & KDF have them, doesn't look right placed on Romulan characters.
    RomulanCapital2154.jpg
  • Options
    rjay1985rjay1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would like to see Odyesee Skirts for female characters and Combadges on the Dyson Uniforms!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The current 2409/2410 combadges, they're an echo to TOS; we have plain, Command, Sciences and Operations...
    Can we get a 2409 'Medical' division combadge to go with them? There's a TOS version that comes with the TOS Medical uniform, so it's not a stretch that there might be a Medical version of the 2409 insignia as well.

Speaking of TOS-era insignia, has there been any thought of adding the insignia of some of the other assignments that we see in TOS, like the Intrepid's vertical rectangle with five pips, the 'pretzel' of the Constellation, or even the Starfleet Command 'starburst' insignia?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Some love for Romulan uniforms.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Add the "Romulan" eyebrow options to female Romulans (they only get "Pointed").

Add the rest of the "Pointed" series to male Romulans (they only get "Pointed 1" from that series.)

More choice is better, and frankly, the Romulan options look very much like those on (wait for it) the FEMALE Romulan Commander in TOS. They really should be there.
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Open Odyssey jacket to go along with the rest of the Open Jacket Pack in the C-Store. Because consistency :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Somehow, I suddenly like the idea of headbands - ala Troi and Ro - for the "Head Attach - Tech" catagory...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rjay1985 wrote: »
    Combadges on the Dyson Uniforms!

Yes, please. Federation rank pips, too.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    gryphonsatyr42gryphonsatyr42 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Yes, please. Federation rank pips, too.

More than just Feds can use this uniform, you know. My Orion doesn't want Fed pips.
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More formalwear than just what's offered in the 21st Century Formal Outfit pack currently. I can see what Cryptic wants to do, but the dresses are pretty lacklustre.

The combadge/rank combination as seen here
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    More than just Feds can use this uniform, you know. My Orion doesn't want Fed pips.

So restrict the combadges and pips to Federation characters only? Kind of like how the Romulans can add shoulder pads to the uniform, but Federation characters can't? :rolleyes:
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    apsciliara wrote: »
    More formalwear than just what's offered in the 21st Century Formal Outfit pack currently. I can see what Cryptic wants to do, but the dresses are pretty lacklustre.

And they could at least allow male characters to wear the shirt and vest sans jacket (maybe even with rolled up sleeves for a nice pub brawl look)...
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just a tip: if you want to see how to make some entirely different costumes, both human-style and alien, play the Foundry mission "Interspecies Medical Exchange", by itspyros. It's all mixed-and-matched existing stuff, I realised after a closer look, but I genuinely didn't recognise any of it at first sight. Formal dresses, different civilian suits, doctor's long coat, you gottem. Both off-duty and uniform parts come into it, looking exactly as if they were designed to go together - see if you can spot how they're done! I'm going to try some of it myself. And it's a good fun mission, too - meet the aliens.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes to tails, obvious as ******* there are aliens with tails in star trek (no not cat "furries"), even into darkness had 2 in it... lol *ducks*
    nub like, long fur covered, non fur, face it, your sitting on what used to have a tail on it, your butt, (fact tail bone, if you had none ever, it would not exist, "human" ...)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Both prime and mirror variants of the Enterprise era MACO uniform need adding complete with all MACO hand weapons
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      I'm not sure if this has been requested before, but the excursion away team jackets Kirk, McCoy, and Saavik wore in TWoK.

Example: Kirk_jacket.jpg
    • Options
      dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      I really want to see some accessories available to Federation and KDF players other than the old kit pieces.

I put my new sci character in the medical Odyssey uniform, and would really like some accessory options like the ones Romulans get: A medical bag (available on Satra, but the "Republic 2" chest gear is basically the same), a tricorder belt, and other things like that.

I'm the kind of player that wants to use the official uniform, but would like to add my own touches to it. Since I really dislike the look of the kit parts, I have nothing to work with for my Federation characters, and very little for KDF.

The kit pieces may be used on NPCs officially still, but I think they look really out of place on the Odyssey uniform. Shiny metal just doesn't compliment that uniform the way more...contemporary looking accessories would. Odyssey is a return to the uniform style we saw on screen, its accessories should do the same.
    • Options
      edited August 2014
      Personally, I still argue that the Kit 'belts' should be moved to 'Hip layer' so that we can wear the Kit 'belts' and actual belts so it looks like the equipment is hanging on the belt rather than just stuck to the uniforms...
    • Options
      jingbrandtjingbrandt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      I would like to see more haircuts. The one I'm thinking of is Phlox's haircut. More haircuts for aliens with ridged foreheads. Haircuts that start center of the head and go back. So far, I only count a handful.
    • Options
      alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      jingbrandt wrote: »
      I would like to see more haircuts. The one I'm thinking of is Phlox's haircut. More haircuts for aliens with ridged foreheads. Haircuts that start center of the head and go back. So far, I only count a handful.

I second this. I'd also like to make a specific haircut request and that is for B'Elanna Torres' haircut.
    • Options
      bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
      edited August 2014
      I'd like to see that "shoulder strap" on the Khan jacket become a separate piece, in the "chest gear" section. It meshes with the Khan belt just fine, but looks silly if you're not using that belt. Moreover, if you want to use some other chest piece, like the Mercenary bandoliers, there's no way to remove it.
    • Options
      edited August 2014
      This hair:
      gpaTDvz.jpg

for male Romulans, or some masculine version of it.
    • Options
      nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      We have slicked back hair 01, 02 and 06 in game for female characters. How about unlocking
      03, 04 and 05 for us. The NPC's in game have them. Miral Paris has it now. So why not us?:D
    • Options
      jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      In response to last two posts - agreed, & adding further request - Stop locking hairstyles/outfits for one or other gender... please...? It is truly disappointing to see.
      [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
      "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
      "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
      "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
      futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      Anyone mentioned the Romulan Nemesis uniform? It's similar to what we have already, but a bit different. No massive shoulder pads and some nice decorative flair.

JJJutIa.jpg
    • Options
      lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
      edited August 2014
      You have the shirt, chest gear, belt (used by npc centurions, and can't be used by men), pants?, and ulan boots. It's time to revamp the romulan tal shiar uniform. Let's start with getting that shoulder/chest gear that can be unlocked at subcommander rank and the sash? as well. At commander rank, the cape is unlocked (the dual cape, not sela's) along with a improved belt. Hakeev's uniform is unlocked at vice admiral level. The boots, belt, shoulder gear, cape, dual cape, and sash should be must add options.
      Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
      Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
    • Options
      edited August 2014
      Some uniforms have an open/closed option...
      Besides adding that to some of those that don't (Odyssey...), how about a sleeve-length option? We can have full length down to the wrists, rolled-up/three-quarters would be good for Engineers and Medical officers, or even a rolled-up/short option for when an officer is getting their hands dirty helping out on New Romulus. The concept's already in-game with the Romulan Civilian shirts having Long, Short and No Sleeves options, so why not allow Starfleet Officers or KDF Warriors that same choice?

...Yeah, it's also because female KDF warriors don't get the same 'Leather Vest' with bare arms option that males do. No... if they want bare arms, they have to wear something from the 'Bare Chest' catagory that limits other options like arm and wrist attachments... Maybe some Klingon or Orion females (Trill or Ferasan or Alien too, for that matter) would want their whole torsos (back, shoulders and all) covered despite having bared arms, you know...
    • Options
      edited August 2014
      Some uniforms have an open/closed option...
      Besides adding that to some of those that don't (Odyssey...), how about a sleeve-length option? We can have full length down to the wrists, rolled-up/three-quarters would be good for Engineers and Medical officers, or even a rolled-up/short option for when an officer is getting their hands dirty helping out on New Romulus. The concept's already in-game with the Romulan Civilian shirts having Long, Short and No Sleeves options, so why not allow Starfleet Officers or KDF Warriors that same choice?

...Yeah, it's also because female KDF warriors don't get the same 'Leather Vest' with bare arms option that males do. No... if they want bare arms, they have to wear something from the 'Bare Chest' catagory that limits other options like arm and wrist attachments... Maybe some Klingon or Orion females (Trill or Ferasan or Alien too, for that matter) would want their whole torsos (back, shoulders and all) covered despite having bared arms, you know...

Feds definitely need more sleeveless options for males.
    • Options
      terlokiterloki Member Posts: 287 Arc User
      edited September 2014
      The TWoK era engineer's vest that Scotty wore all the time would be a wonderful addition. In fact, we need more vests in general. The TNG movie vest that Picard and Sisko occasionally wore would be awesome for a more casual or off-duty outfit.
      Admiral Katrina Tokareva - U.S.S. Cosmos, Yorktown-class Star Cruiser
      Admiral Dananra Lekall - R.R.W. Teverresh, Deihu-class Warbird
      General J'Kar son of K'tsulan - I.K.S. Dlahath, Vo'devwl-class Carrier