test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

was this actually anounced???

mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
We are compiling all the images ans splitting them up between the Captains vs the Starships, and we will announce the winners this Friday.

Stay tuned to find out who won!

Thanks again to everyone who submitted, we have a lot of very talented players

~CaptainSmirk

we're on Saturday and i cant find anything about who won?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• batlham73batlham73 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    far as I know we are still waiting on june....they gave us the same friday message. I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Instead of having hard feelings, I suggest reaching out and asking the community about these competitions so that whoever is in charge of them is able to:

a) provide a response to confirm the delay, or
    b) close the screenshot competitions so the community (us) can hold our own unofficial competitions if there is interest in this, without any incentives other than enjoying this awesome game.

As a side note, I can no longer find the other topic in this forum that inquired on the status of the June competition. Either it fell through the page lists, I'm just not seeing it, or it has been removed by moderation for whatever reason. If the latter is the case, we can expect this topic to have the same fate, so let's try to keep it civil and proactive.

I've submitted a question regarding this using the "If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here. " and I suggest for others who took part to do the same to increase the chances of it being noticed, and the breakdown in communication to be addressed.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Instead of having hard feelings, I suggest reaching out and asking the community about these competitions so that whoever is in charge of them is able to:

a) provide a response to confirm the delay, or
    b) close the screenshot competitions so the community (us) can hold our own unofficial competitions if there is interest in this, without any incentives other than enjoying this awesome game.

As a side note, I can no longer find the other topic in this forum that inquired on the status of the June competition. Either it fell through the page lists, I'm just not seeing it, or it has been removed by moderation for whatever reason. If the latter is the case, we can expect this topic to have the same fate, so let's try to keep it civil and proactive.

I've submitted a question regarding this using the "If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here. " and I suggest for others who took part to do the same to increase the chances of it being noticed, and the breakdown in communication to be addressed.

Numerous people filing tickets about the same thing actually doesn't make it more visible (especially since you're not allowed to post your ticket responses) it just clogs up the ticket system.

I will look into this though :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was not expecting it to come considering what happened with June.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • dougglendowerdougglendower Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This really has become an embarrasment to Cryptic. It's time to admit failure, give all participants something worthwhile for their time and effort into this boondoggle, and move on to either really committing to community events or just go into passive neglect mode fully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicholai1806nicholai1806 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What happened with June's contest?
  • ciphertuesdayciphertuesday Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe he mean next Friday...but again he did say the same thing in July and and we are still waiting for the June winner lol

The good thing is I don't see an August screenshot contest thread so hopefully they've given it up already.
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At the end of the Foundry Spotlight Podcast/Twitch stream on Saturday, Smirk did go through a load of them which can still been seen on the Perfect World channel on Twitch.

Sorry I can't remember if they were announcing the winners or going through a few to say "We have a 'metric ton' of entrants and still looking at them" but I would expect to see something posted about it pretty soon.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mjarbar wrote: »
    At the end of the Foundry Spotlight Podcast/Twitch stream on Saturday, Smirk did go through a load of them which can still been seen on the Perfect World channel on Twitch.

Sorry I can't remember if they were announcing the winners or going through a few to say "We have a 'metric ton' of entrants and still looking at them" but I would expect to see something posted about it pretty soon.

No winners so far, but they are working on it. And he said they would announce the july winners first and june after that.