test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intrepid Interior

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Ok everyone, no promises, no guarantees, but we'll be looking into adding the trophy slots to the Voyager interior. Please understand that this is not a guarantee that they will be added, but we are going to see if we can get them to work.

And a fishtank? :P

Be interesting how you implement the trophy case since there really isn't room in the mess hall. Unless you are putting them in a closet like with the Defiant interior. <cough> The Pantry <cough>. :D
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    will the ablative generator work on the new voyager?

also, i agree about the trophies. either give us the standard trophy shelves, or give us a trophy system revamp, but don't give us nothing, or remove anything that isn't being replaced. thanks for understanding and looking into it.

and to the people that have a problem with the replacing torpedo/shuttle issue, i don't see it as an issue at all. they can replicate all the parts to build them. the only thing they need to source locally is antimatter for torpedos, and dilithium, deuterium, and antimatter to bring shuttles online. but sourcing that stuff is something they need to do periodically anyway just to continue operating.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok everyone, no promises, no guarantees, but we'll be looking into adding the trophy slots to the Voyager interior. Please understand that this is not a guarantee that they will be added, but we are going to see if we can get them to work.

I hope this means you will also be making the same attempt to place them in the Romulan interiors, and that either both or neither will get them.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    I hope this means you will also be making the same attempt to place them in the Romulan interiors, and that either both or neither will get them.

Not so fast. So far Federation interiors have always had trophies.
    I support Romulan interiors getting trophies but one step at a time.

By making it clear to the devs we want Intrepid trophies, they'll understand we like the feature. And they'd be willing to add it to Romulans too.

If we rush this by asking for too much, we may lose everything. And we risk trophies going the way of exploration missions.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reximuz wrote: »

This, right here, is why we can't have nice things... There's always a "what about..." guy asking for even more.

Jeez :rolleyes:
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Quick question -- is the voyager/intrepid interior going to be locked to the Intrepid-Class of ships? Or is it going to be like the TOS Connie interior (usable on all ships).
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • cptdungeoncptdungeon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Thanks Taco, this is the only MMO I've ever played (and I've played a lot) where the devs interact with the community in such a way. I really hope you guys can get it to work out.
    The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state.... nothing is so dangerous to a society.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Quick question -- is the voyager/intrepid interior going to be locked to the Intrepid-Class of ships? Or is it going to be like the TOS Connie interior (usable on all ships).

That's what I want to know. Would be nice to use that bridge/interior set on my Vesta.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I'd like to know when the Romulans will get a chance to display their trophies.
    The default Romulan bridges do not have that option, unlike the KDF and Feds.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, we could just save out a new version of the map, but that gets messy pretty quickly. "Player_Ship_Interiors_01," "Player_Ship_Interiors_02," "Player_Ship_Interiors_03," which are all identical save for one new interior each time? No thanks.

Tech side issues. The tech to switch your interior, just switches which spawn point you go to. It doesn't have to switch out the whole map.

Wait. If this is the case, shouldn't hailing cutscenes and the like be possible without a map transfer?

There are interesting implications here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Trophies are really the *only* way for us to customize our bridges/interior. I'm glad you are at least looking into adding them again.

On a related note, I hope this thread makes you realize that ppl really *do* want bridges/interiors! It's just that, up until recently, they were kinda old (no offense). I hope this is the beginning of many shiny more bridges to come! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yeay; and if the mess looks to crowded with that do it Belfast style by adding a trophy room :)

BTW did anybody from Design was able to tell if players can choose another bridge with the Intrepid interior?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The effort of looking into it is appreciated, even if it doesn't pan out in the end.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Thank you, Sir Crunchy Pseudo-Mexican Food Product. I for one (and I'm obviously not the only one) appreciate the consideration.

If we could get the Romulan one in on that consideration as well, you would make my day, week, month, and/or year.

In crunchy shells we trust.
    edited August 2014
    Again, the problem is that the Player Ship Interior of the Intrepid, is on a map, with ALL of the other interiors. There is no "Just add the Intrepid Interior to the Foundry." without creating a whole new map for it, or adding the entire player ship interior map, which has the problems I cited above.
    YES! Add the "all player ship interiors" map!

And then I will create secret tunnels from one interior to another, and have the ultimate pillow fort. :D

*hides behind couch*
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Poor ship crews. They have to hold all of their biological functions until they reach the next planet since none of the ships in Startrek have bathrooms.
  • backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Thank you so much! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    Wait. If this is the case, shouldn't hailing cutscenes and the like be possible without a map transfer?

Huh?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014

That is not what hes saying at all

When you see a bridge in a mission, it is already in that map, hidden away.

They would have to have every possible bridge on the map for you to do that.

When he says every bridge is on one map, I'm pretty sure he means the bridge map that loads when you select "Go to Bridge"
    edited August 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    That is not what hes saying at all

When you see a bridge in a mission, it is already in that map, hidden away.

They would have to have every possible bridge on the map for you to do that.

When he says every bridge is on one map, I'm pretty sure he means the bridge map that loads when you select "Go to Bridge"

Correct. All of the PLAYER SHIP bridges, are on a single, huge map.
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Is this why loading bridges takes so long?
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2014

They've always loaded as fast as other maps for me.
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it sounds like the way bridges were designed was poorly planned, but i'm sure a redesign is out of the question due to the number of brides in "the bridge map". it would take too much work to move each one to it's own map, so it seems unlikely that bridges will ever be added because there will always be new bridges.

but we need the bridges in the foundry, so a new idea is needed, and here is my suggestion. when season 10 hits, finalize the bridge map and add it to the foundry as "season 0-9 bridges". then start a new map for season 10. when season 11 hits, finalize the season 10 bridge map and add it to the foundry as "season 10 bridges". and so on...
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited August 2014

No doubt.

But typically the more you access a given map, including the bridges, the faster it loads. At least in my experience.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Ah. That is what I interpreted then.

My thought was that the camera could jump from one bridge to any other bridge for a cutscene without a loadscreen.
  • saneniyasaneniya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But for what we need the interior? For me for nothing as the intrepid class is one of the worsest ship in game... ! The only thing that count´s in sto is DPS so i use for my science the vesta class (Best science ship for PVE at the moment) And to use the interior on an other ship is not canon and really don´t fits..
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    saneniya wrote: »
    But for what we need the interior? For me for nothing as the intrepid class is one of the worsest ship in game... ! The only thing that count´s in sto is DPS so i use for my science the vesta class (Best science ship for PVE at the moment) And to use the interior on an other ship is not canon and really don´t fits..

If DPS is the only thing that counts for you in STO no matter how awesome a interior it would not matter to you ;)

Besides that the free fed interiors are... okay..ish. Better than nothing. The payed ones are great. Chance are it will be much more canon that any other free interior. And ever since my Champions heroine does nothing anymore but frolicking in the hot tub of her tacomade luxury apartment my attention is always locked on on new playerhousing(like) stuff he does so yes, expect something cool.

Uhh... reads a bit too fanboyish for my cynical complainer soul but I stand by it.
    edited August 2014
    Bridges are actually separate maps.
    Each Bridge has it's own map. But when you go to the turbolift, and take that to your "interior," all of those interiors are on one map.
    edited August 2014
    saneniya wrote: »
    The only thing that counts FOR YOU is DPS. You're not qualified to speak for the rest of us. Especially not the hardcore Star Trek fans who normally wouldn't be playing an MMO.

I'm glad to see the interior make it into the game, as well as the revamp of the exterior model. It finally looks like Voyager, instead of a pretender.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bridges are actually separate maps.
    Each Bridge has it's own map. But when you go to the turbolift, and take that to your "interior," all of those interiors are on one map.

If the bridges themselves are not included, how many different interiors are currently on the interior map?