test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So next weekend (July 31st) is Bonus Crafting Weekend

Comments

• sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I will not be changing what I have been doing for crafting. One character gets to level one school at a time. And I do it once a night. The weekends are never good for me. And this latest change to crafting has not made me have any real desire to get crafting done on more than one character as it is. Just can't get the resources fast enough to do it effectively for more than one character at a time. With 6 characters funneling all of the mats I find into one guy. This is a really bad crafting system.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a really bad crafting system.

It's "better" than it was before.

For my part, I too will only do what I have been doing. Crafting is not a big deal to me and the update, although wanted, really did not change the way I play the game.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's "better" than it was before.

hmmm and all they had to do to fix it was add all this new gear to the old........................... crafting dont get better if nothing new is added to it............................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not touching it again until the daily progression is un-nerfed, it wasn't worth it before and it surely isn't now
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, as I work weekends, and am already scheduled to work every single day of this event (again), other than the bonus XP from the 20 hour runs, I don't think I'm gonna really see much else out of it...

Though I might grind a couple STFs and stash the loot boxes and maybe see a catalyst or two from the event...

Though I am getting a little sick and tired about this whole "save boxes for the proper weekend" system that Cryptic's got going on... Whatever happened to standard loot rates for all times...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I suppose I will give crafting a try on my two primary toons (Fed / KDF).
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll keep running three different 20-hour projects like I have been, but instead of a fourth project I'll probably use that slot for some Mk VI XP trash. And I'll open all those material boxes I've been saving for the last week.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Well according to the Calendar tool-tip - there is going to be an increased chance for Catalysts to drop from the loot boxes you get from eSTF and CCE.

That is the only good thing about the crafting weekend, free catalysts. As for the mats drop boost, unless they set it to 150%-200%, it's not worth it. Heck, some of the drops from some assignment crits are horrible given the 20hour wait (Archeology ones give 2 blue, same as crits on scan missions that last as little as 30-45minutes, and sometimes those 20hr ones don't even give commons on success) time spent.

Getting mats under the old system, specially with the hour bonus was way better than the grind now. I haven't checked, but I was told they removed the mats from the dilithium mining also, is that true?
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You get 50% bonus XP - yeah baby!! Plus better drops from the crafting boxes!

I'm hoarding my boxes so I can get the drops and continue to sell components. I'm still not interested in actually crafting anything.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    That is the only good thing about the crafting weekend, free catalysts. As for the mats drop boost, unless they set it to 150%-200%, it's not worth it. Heck, some of the drops from some assignment crits are horrible given the 20hour wait (Archeology ones give 2 blue, same as crits on scan missions that last as little as 30-45minutes, and sometimes those 20hr ones don't even give commons on success) time spent.

Getting mats under the old system, specially with the hour bonus was way better than the grind now. I haven't checked, but I was told they removed the mats from the dilithium mining also, is that true?
    No it's not true. You still get an assortment of mats from Dilithium mining. I ran the asteroid mining mission several times over the weekend and always got at least one mat sometimes four in different rarities.
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    not sure what i will do because some they give the place were to get, let's see rubidium, it's supposed to be in Tliss system but no clue how to enter in the system: i think it mith be in a episode but which one, no clue on that one ,must be in romulan episode but i wont start to replay all episode just for a chance to find a particle trace.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »

All it says is that the Queued R & D packs will reward 25% more material and have a "Chance" to drop a Catalyst - how big of a chance is the question.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All it says is that the Queued R & D packs will reward 25% more material and have a "Chance" to drop a Catalyst - how big of a chance is the question.

Same as with the lottery probablt... 0.5%
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Same as with the lottery probablt... 0.5%

That's only if we're lucky.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited July 2014
    I'm mainly focusing on advancing the Beams school... and I want to advance the Engineering and SAcience schools, so I can craft some of the consoles that are severely overpriced on the exchange.

So, yeah, this weekend will help... but, it would be nice if it were a little easier to advance. But, I've got plenty to grind for... so, whatevs, I got time. :P
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    I'm gonna do what I've been doing since it went live - I'm gonna log in once a day to set the daily 20hr project and then do whatever else I want, which won't be crafting related. Until they fix the leveling progression I'm not gonna engage in this system past the barest minimum I need to do in order to advance. And even that's pushing it.
    vawlkus wrote: »
    This. What else needs be said?

Nothing, pretty much what i'll be doing too..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    After your crew has spent countless hours

I wish I had paid more attention to that line when the blog was originally posted. :(
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hmm. I guess that means I should start to hoard crafting boxes in addition to mark boxes now?

And just when it seemed the inventory got some space :p .

Too bad I will probably not be online much this weekend. Or maybe it wouldn't really matter...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Since I am not likely to get any kind of tangible progress due to the reduction in research projects I am certainly not going to be doing crafting this bonus weekend or any other day.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    quick question.. are the toons limited on energy weapon types? under the old system, I had to level a kdf to get access to crafted disruptors. can one toon craft all the energy types now?
    Spock.jpg

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bones1970 wrote: »
    Not going to bother.. already got my tr-116b's from the exchange.

They're on the exchange already? Can't imagine they're going below 2m each and i'm probably underestimating the price.

People must have had no life whatsoever to get to level 15 that fast.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • pompoulusspompouluss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    quick question.. are the toons limited on energy weapon types? under the old system, I had to level a kdf to get access to crafted disruptors. can one toon craft all the energy types now?

Yep, although a little Federation guy shows up and court martials you for crafting disruptors.

Actually I may have dreamed that.

In any case yes you can craft a weapon that fires any regular type of energy.
    They're on the exchange already? Can't imagine they're going below 2m each and i'm probably underestimating the price.

You bet, 40-50m per rifle last I checked. For an ultra-rare, over a hundred. As for how fast some folks got to 15, it's not a matter of having no life so much as having a lot more disposable income than the rest of us.
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    questerius wrote: »

Definitely underestimating ... the cheapest ones are around 60-70 millions, last time I checked
    P58WJe7.jpg

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pompouluss wrote: »
    Yep, although a little Federation guy shows up and court martials you for crafting disruptors.

Actually I may have dreamed that.

In any case yes you can craft a weapon that fires any regular type of energy.

You bet, 40-50m per rifle last I checked. For an ultra-rare, over a hundred. As for how fast some folks got to 15, it's not a matter of having no life so much as having a lot more disposable income than the rest of us.

I checked after i made the most. 36M at the moment.

90M for the emission torpedo.

I'll just slowly grind the crafting because although i collect various weapons that is too rich for me.

In a month or so i'm sure the price has plummeted.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    questerius wrote: »

Some people had put down the 1.9 million dilithium in the first day. Those people have probably made it back by now as the Ultra rare Omni beams and those rifles were going for north of $150 million.

As some more people have now done it, prices of most Ultra rare have dropped from the $150 - $200 million range per piece!!! :eek: to the $50-$100 million range.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited July 2014

All toons can craft energy weapons from phasers to antiproton now. The only things they can't craft at present are the lockbox/reputation specific/special weapons.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    So who is going to use the weekend to try and push their crafting faster?
    I'm gonna do what I've been doing since it went live - I'm gonna log in once a day to set the daily 20hr project and then do whatever else I want, which won't be crafting related. Until they fix the leveling progression I'm not gonna engage in this system past the barest minimum I need to do in order to advance. And even that's pushing it.
    Please hold while your crafting system is in a 20 hour cool down period.

*clicks a button on the desk to queue up elevator music*
    Some people had put down the 1.9 million dilithium in the first day. Those people have probably made it back by now as the Ultra rare Omni beams and those rifles were going for north of $150 million.

As some more people have now done it, prices of most Ultra rare have dropped from the $150 - $200 million range per piece!!! :eek: to the $50-$100 million range.
    Where are people coming up with these numbers?

I hope you made a mistake. I think you meant energy credits.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To get to level 15/20 in a crafting school costs a ton of dil (Finish Now). Presumably these people hope to make up the dil cost by selling these items for a ton of ec.