test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suliban Duty Officer Assignments Broken?

dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
Myself and two others in my fleet have been unable to actually start any Suliban doff assignments. When we hit "Begin Assignment", it goes into the "Personal" tab, and gives us the option to plan it all over again. Is this a bug, or are they changing these assignments to be a once-per-character thing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
  • foxgrfoxgr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    same issue, not activating... in personal assignment roster, but when i press begin nothing happens
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is official, Cryptic hates the Cell ships, they have been nerfing them for a while.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • kemopskemops Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am having the same problem.
    Less time creating shiny ESD, more time fixing game bugs.

You do know that the people that fix bugs are not the same people that create visual content. At least I hope so.
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think I found the problem (See circled area):

http://i.imgur.com/j4U2aXS.png

The rewards have been removed apparently... first you take out the crafting console and now you take the doffs too!!!!!!

I know the civilian version of these missions never gave doffs but now it looks like they all don't
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Another 9.5 disappointment :-(

/\
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    was able to start one on my fed engi this morning, didnt check any details
  • asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you hover over the for each of the potential outcomes - critical success, success, moderate success you will see a purple, blue, and green name doff on there. Since the mission doesn't rewards a common experience or money reward I think that is why it is empty. Would be nice it it show the generic ? special officer icon.

edit
    Well just tried to start the mission but for some reason it won't take, Start mission is there but hitting it just takes me back to the mission list.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sounds like a bug, we'll check it out.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I came here for this too. Task does not start since patch.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    can't run any suliban ship missions either.... :mad:
    Punish the feds!!!
    edited July 2014
    So now . . .

1) Anyone can switch ships in space
    2) Anyone can craft from anywhere
    3) Bridge invites were taken away for Colonization doff missions, make Transwarp less valuable
    4) Cell missions are bugged

Someone hates the Cell ship! :mad:
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So now . . .

1) Anyone can switch ships in space
    2) Anyone can craft from anywhere
    3) Bridge invites were taken away for Colonization doff missions, make Transwarp less valuable
    4) Cell missions are bugged

Someone hates the Cell ship! :mad:

Or they are planning to release something better so everyone has to replace their Tufflis and Cell Ships. /tinfoil hat
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    About the the reward box being empty:

All my characters have been running Tau Dewa aid assignements since before 9.5. All of them were showing with no reward while running after 9.5 came. Now they're all finished and show different Suliban doffs as reward. I didn't yet dare to actually collect the reward (knowing the missions may be bugged), but I'll probably try with some greens/moderate successes.

Can't yet say whether I can or not start a new round of those assignements.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I collected the Tau dewa aid mission earlier, it does give awards of dil xp and the doffs. Just doesnt show any rewards untill its finished. Havent tried to start one yet, so I dont know from that end.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited July 2014
    So collected rewards without problem. But My KDF-Rom can't start a new assignement, as others have reported.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    So collected rewards without problem. But My KDF-Rom can't start a new assignement, as others have reported.

Same deal on my fed toon, I got the doff and the rewards that came with it, but when I go to the bridge it will allow me to select the doffs but when I press the 'begin assignment' button the screen goes away without the assignment beginning.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Broken for me too. I can select the mission, select doffs for it and hit start. Then I get the 5 day lockout for the mission, but no actual mission in progress, and the assigned doffs are still available for other things.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't start the Cell doff missions as well.

Not only that, but before S9,5 these missions didn't take an assignment slot (as in, if you have 20/20 missions active, you still could start the suliban mission for 21/20). This time though I got an info that the mission cannot be started as there are no free assignment slots. Sadly, even after I freed one slot the mission wouldn't start.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited July 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Can't start the Cell doff missions as well.

Not only that, but before S9,5 these missions didn't take an assignment slot (as in, if you have 20/20 missions active, you still could start the suliban mission for 21/20). This time though I got an info that the mission cannot be started as there are no free assignment slots. Sadly, even after I freed one slot the mission wouldn't start.

There was a bug previously on Tribble not granting players access to Fleet Embassy obtained additional Doff assignements slots (hope it's resolved now), this might be related.

• suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    There was a bug previously on Tribble not granting players access to Fleet Embassy obtained additional Doff assignements slots (hope it's resolved now), this might be related.
    I've got 23 Assignment Slots. Normally I could start the Suliban mission as a 24th, but now it gave me a message that I have no slots left.

And even when I had slots open, the mission just wouldn't start after clicking Begin.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited July 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I've got 23 Assignment Slots. Normally I could start the Suliban mission as a 24th, but now it gave me a message that I have no slots left.

And even when I had slots open, the mission just wouldn't start after clicking Begin.

Maybe the assignement no longer is capable of 'creating' the 24th slot (or 21st, 22nd, 23rd for other people) and at the same time isn't allowed in the regular slots. Hence it doesn't run.

• pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looks like they are NOT going to fix it tomorrow either:(
    Punish the feds!!!
    edited July 2014
    pieeatter wrote: »

They were too busy killing crafting . . . not super worried about colonization chains either.
    edited July 2014
    pieeatter wrote: »

Yep, just checked on tribble, still broken... my Cell Ship feels like a bad investment now :(

1. Cluster doff assignment invites gone
    2. Crafting station removed (and not even replaced with some kind of special crafting vendor or doff assignment for mats or anything)
    3. Suliban doff assignment broken, and the civilian assignment has been broken since it was introduced due to the nonexistence of Suliban civilians

Cell Ship needs buff plz :P
    edited July 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    Yep, just checked on tribble, still broken... my Cell Ship feels like a bad investment now :(

1. Cluster doff assignment invites gone
    2. Crafting station removed (and not even replaced with some kind of special crafting vendor or doff assignment for mats or anything)
    3. Suliban doff assignment broken, and the civilian assignment has been broken since it was introduced due to the nonexistence of Suliban civilians

Cell Ship needs buff plz :P

Without the 'Tau Dewa Aid' missions, even the Tuffli might be slightly (very slightly, given all the required running) superior. It can call you a Cat to feed on your catfood once in a while, if you know what i mean.

• darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This isn't on the list of known issues yet. Are they unable to reproduce it, in spite of every Cell ship owner being able to reproduce this bug?
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anything up with Supports? There seems to be less, I am sure I read somewhere from a dev they said they would happen more often since department head tab has been removed. Right now there is one support on the sheet for KDF all others (including fed) nothing.. The other day there was almost the same few repeated after a reset, may be it is my imagination but it doesn't seem the same.

I too started the Tau Dewa, doesn't show in the in progress tab. I never noticed the rewards as shown in the pic above, seems the whole thing is borked.

I reckon the DV not accessible to KDF for ages was a test to see how often KDF used it via cell/bridge invites.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    From what I can tell the Support assignments are appearing fine (I had one two nights ago, and picked up at least one last night). The problem is that the cluster assignments refresh on a ridiculously slow timer now (20hr?).
    edited July 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    From what I can tell the Support assignments are appearing fine (I had one two nights ago, and picked up at least one last night). The problem is that the cluster assignments refresh on a ridiculously slow timer now (20hr?).

Yes, 20hrs, same as the DH timer.