test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - July 16, 2014

Comments

• raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    [*]Research training 20 hour projects have had their XP per minute reduced down from 8 xp/min to 5 xp/min.
    Aww really what's up with that? Leveling crafting really is quite the slog, please don't make it slower.
    [*]"Overload" Beam Array affix proc drains weapon power.

Wait? Are you saying it's not supposed to? No power drain seems like a balance issue (though the full power drain may make it less effective than just regular beams. aim for a little extra power use on that overload but not too much)
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    Still - please do look at the feedback people have given elsewhere regarding the duty officer UI system - this is a big part of the game for many people and does need more attention - the current direction is going to make it challenging and frustrating to use.

I posted about this over in the duty officer subforum, here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18023131&postcount=31
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    Sorry, the data entry for the new price updates wound up going in the wrong place. We've got an update for that ready for our 9.5 launch.

Fleet Advanced Gear/Weapons:
    Ground: 3,750 D + 10,000 FC
    Space: 10,000 D + 10,000 FC

Fleet Elite Gear/Weapons:
    Ground: 5,000 D + 14,000 FC
    Space: 15,000 D + 14,000 FC

Embassy BOFF prices did not change.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Fleet gear costs both fleet credits and dilithium. Are there any changes to the fleet credit prices?

Fleet credit prices are unchanged, I think.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's what should have happened with prices. Following up madly now but I want to communicate what our intent is clearly:

• Mk 12 Space Items, except consoles, in Reputation Store systems costs 22,500 Dilithium, down from 34,000.
    • Reputation Space Set Items cost 32,500 Dilithium (No change)

Consoles:
    • Consoles will cost 7,300 Dilithium for Mk 12 Space Items.

Currently...

Rep Store Weapons (8472/Dyson/Nukara): 22594
    Rep Store Weapons (New Rom): 28540
    Rep Store Consoles (Dyson): 22594

Elite Scorpion Hangar Pet: 35000
    Elite Widow Hangar Pet: 35000

Console - Universal - Hydrodynamic Compensator, Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo Launcher, Heavy Bio-Molecular Disruptor Turret, Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser Turret, Console - Universal - Proton Particle Stabilizer, Experimental Proton Weapon, Gravimetric Photon Torpedo Launcher, Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array, Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Console - Universal - Zero-Point Energy Conduit, Hyper-Dual Refracting Tetryon Beam Bank, Nukara Web Mine Launcher, Console - Universal - Nukara Particle Converter, Console - Universal - Assimilated Module, Kinetic Cutting Beam, Omega Torpedo Launcher: 15000

Counter-Command Covariant Shield Array, Counter-Command Deflector Array, Counter-Command Hyper Impulse Engines, Counter-Command Hyper Injection Singularity Core, Counter-Command Hyper Injection Warp Core, Dyson Combat Engines, Dyson Deflector Array, Dyson Field Stabilizing Singularity Core, Dyson Field Stabilizing Warp Core, Dyson Regenerative Shield Array, Nukara Crystalline Resilient Shields, Nukara Deflector Array, Nukara Impulse Engines, Assimilated Deflector Array, Assimilated Impulse Engine, Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array: 32500

Reman Advanced Prototype Deflector, Reman Advanced Prototype Impulse Engine, Reman Advanced Prototype Covariant Shield, Romulan Advanced Prototype Deflector, Romulan Advanced Prototype Impulse Engine, Romulan Advanced Prototype Covariant Shield: 32000

Adapted Honor Guard Covariant Shield, Adapted Honor Guard Graviton Deflector Array, Adapted Honor Guard Impulse Engine, Honor Guard Covariant Shield Array, Honor Guard Positron Deflector Array, Honor Guard Combat Impulse Engine, Omega Force Tachyon Deflector Array, Omega Force Hyper-Impulse Engine, Omega Force Regenerative Shield Array: 34000

So the 32k Space Set items are being increased to 32.5k while the 34k Space Set items are being decreased to 32.5k...

What about the 15k items?

Are those Dyson consoles really dropping from 22594 to 7300?

Any change to the 35k pets?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Now to wait for the 9-console fleet ships to be cheaper than 200k FC...
    jheinig wrote: »
    Sorry, the data entry for the new price updates wound up going in the wrong place. We've got an update for that ready for our 9.5 launch.

Fleet Advanced Gear/Weapons:
    Ground: 3,750 D + 10,000 FC
    Space: 10,000 D + 10,000 FC

Fleet Elite Gear/Weapons:
    Ground: 5,000 D + 14,000 FC
    Space: 15,000 D + 14,000 FC

Embassy BOFF prices did not change.
    Is that including hangar pets?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Accolade credit towards compelting "Chart B'tran / Azlesa" isn't working.

And some KDF DOFF missions are not completing.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    I wanna thank AdjudicatorHawk, because as it seems right now, he is the only dev - (I know other devs are bussy doing their work, so kudos to them too) - that cares about the feedback and tries to give us info, even if it is not his area, you've earned my respect Hawk... That Dilithium Price Changes are well welcomed... Thank You for the fast reply...
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140629a.17
    Known Issues:
    • Occasionally, players will not be able to start eligible Duty Officer Assignments.

So, let me see if I have this straight:

- Season 9.5 is launching tomorrow (Thursday 7/17/14). (Link to Twitter Post by the STO Community Manager)

- The MAIN addition of Season 9.5 is the Updated Doff UI (Now With Crafting And Research added - as well as other Doffing related updates)

- You have a QA reported issue that: "Occasionally, players will not be able to start eligible Duty Officer Assignments."

And your PUSHING SEASON 9.5 LIVE ANYWAY?!

I can see why your QA department procedures are considered sub par by many in the MMO community. They (your QA people) inform you of a fairly major issue directly related to the main focus of a new content patch; and Cryptic/STO Lead/Dev Management says: "What the hell, push it LIVE anyway..."

Wow, just wow.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited July 2014
    Okay, since Tribble is up already - I went ahead and looked at the Rep prices...just Space.

The 22594 Rep Store weapons dropped to 22500.
    The 28540 RomPlas weapons dropped to 22500.
    The 22594 Dyson consoles dropped to 7300.
    The 15000 items are still 15000.
    The 35000 pets are still 35000.
    The 32000 Reman/Romulan pieces are still 32000.
    The 32500 set pieces are still 32500.
    The 34000 set pieces are still 34000.
  • firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, it's not a prank, but it is a mistake. We're fixing this immediately. The prices should actually be coming down, not up.

That's good to hear If fleet prices went up I would have to tell you guys to have a nice development cycle while it lasted and to enjoy some paychecks for a few months. Prices like that and you guys would have to pack up the STO license, fleets would fold with those prices. Still got to ask who messed up the press release and why someone would increase a constant or add to a variable. Official release and an increase in game? (If you have a fleet on tribble if someone can verify fleet prices.)

I have to wonder if this wasn't a test of the waters to see if we could handle a price increase. PWE has high micro prices, and I wonder if Cryptic isn't under pressure to introduce that. Tell the Chinese NO! North American gamers won't accept those prices.

Still not happy with crafting via slot machine but you guys were making progress and earning some trust because you have been trying to listen, this update has actually been a step forward and I would hope to continue seeing that.
  • xiaoxiaonxiaoxiaon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can see why your QA department procedures are considered sub par by many in the MMO community. They (your QA people) inform you of a fairly major issue directly related to the main focus of a new content patch; and Cryptic/STO Lead/Dev Management says: "What the hell, push it LIVE anyway..."

Wow, just wow.

Wouldn't this imply that it's not the QA department at fault since they're *finding* the flaws, but the development staff / managers are ignoring it to push the update? I've been in QA in the game industry before and I've frequently seen them be the one to place the blame on when in reality, a Priority 1/2 (crashing or blocking) bug gets pushed as Won't Fix or changed to lower priority due to needing to hit a timeline. In this case, Season 9.5 tomorrow morning.

Maybe the bug doesn't happen frequently enough to justify delaying the launch? I guess we'll see...
    Have any questions about the game? Send me a message and I'll be happy to help!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoxiaon wrote: »
    Wouldn't this imply that it's not the QA department at fault since they're *finding* the flaws, but the development staff / managers are ignoring it to push the update? I've been in QA in the game industry before and I've frequently seen them be the one to place the blame on when in reality, a Priority 1/2 (crashing or blocking) bug gets pushed as Won't Fix or changed to lower priority due to needing to hit a timeline. In this case, Season 9.5 tomorrow morning.

Maybe the bug doesn't happen frequently enough to justify delaying the launch? I guess we'll see...

I didn't say their QA dept. personnel were at fault - I said their QA procedures are at fault because you would think the procedure when finding and reporting a significant bug directly affecting a primary focus feature of a content update would be to hold releasing the update. But no, the current (and past - especially Season 4 where the Foundry issues were seen and reported for weeks on Tribble - and even commented on by QA at the time as "being a product of the Tribble environment...") procedure seems to be "Push it anyway!"
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm scared.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's what should have happened with prices. Following up madly now but I want to communicate what our intent is clearly:

• Mk 12 Space Items, except consoles, in Reputation Store systems costs 22,500 Dilithium, down from 34,000.
    • Mk 12 Ground Items in Reputation Store systems costs 7,500 Dilithium, down from 11,837.
    • Reputation Space Set Items cost 32,500 Dilithium (No change)
    • Reputation Ground Set items cost 9,000 Dilithium (No change)

Fleet:
    • Fleet Advanced Gear costs 10,000 Dilithium, down from 22,500 Dilitihum for Space items.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear costs 3,750 Dilithium for Ground items (No change for some, down from 10,000 for weapons)
    • Fleet Elite Gear costs 15,000 Dilithium for Space Items, down from 30,000.
    • Fleet Elite Gear costs 5,000 Dilithium for Ground Items, (No change for some, down from 15,000 for wepaons)

Consoles:
    • Consoles will cost 2300 Dilithium, down from 6,100 Dilithium for Mk 10 Space Items.
    • Consoles will cost 5000 Dilithium, down from 6,800 Dilithium for Mk 11 Space Items.
    • Consoles will cost 7,300 Dilithium for Mk 12 Space Items.
    • These Console prices will be for all Reputation and Fleet stores.

So basically fleet space weaponry will be staying the same dil cost?
    Also. what is happening to hanger dil costs (fleet and rep) and also the Rep weapon sets (2xweapon and 1xconsole that currently cost 15k per piece)? The info in the patch notes does not give enough information on this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • firestorm10491firestorm10491 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xiaoxiaon wrote: »

Too often true in the way things work. I will never understand why deadline is more important than a quality product. I think we sometimes forget the license holder still has power over this game too. STO was a rushed product at launch.

Cryptic is caught between the producer which has the money and the license holder that wants to make money. The game is a business even though those that keep it a business end up the one screwed. Thing is the consumer is what keeps a company alive yet between all this red tape garbage we are the ones to pay for it literally.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, since Tribble is up already - I went ahead and looked at the Rep prices...just Space.

The 22594 Rep Store weapons dropped to 22500.
    The 28540 RomPlas weapons dropped to 22500.
    The 22594 Dyson consoles dropped to 7300.
    The 15000 items are still 15000.
    The 35000 pets are still 35000.
    The 32000 Reman/Romulan pieces are still 32000.
    The 32500 set pieces are still 32500.
    The 34000 set pieces are still 34000.

Thanks for checking.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, let me see if I have this straight:

- Season 9.5 is launching tomorrow (Thursday 7/17/14). (Link to Twitter Post by the STO Community Manager)

- The MAIN addition of Season 9.5 is the Updated Doff UI (Now With Crafting And Research added - as well as other Doffing related updates)

- You have a QA reported issue that: "Occasionally, players will not be able to start eligible Duty Officer Assignments."

And your PUSHING SEASON 9.5 LIVE ANYWAY?!

Wow, just wow.

the new revenue generating lock box must launch tomorrow, the rest of 9.5 might as well go live too as a work in progress. c'mon, what REALLY maters more?
    edited July 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    Thanks for checking.

I'm really surprised at the drop in price of the Dyson consoles, though not really - they were massively overpriced imho...but I'm still surprised at the price drop.
  • raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So today's tribble patch is pointless since any feedback we have about it isn't going to actually make it into the season 9.5 release.

Yay gamma testing
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I honestly would like an explanation for why the 20-hour project's XP total was brought down. Bring it down enough and it defeats the purpose of having it.

The reason for it, I thought, was to give an XP generator that provided only a slightly smaller amount of XP-per-minute (xp-per-hour?) than what running regular projects would do.

Did that prove to be too efficient? Considering no one's had time to hit Tier 5 without a ton of Dilithium resources and a few mouse replacements from all the rapid-fire clicking. :p
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I posted about this over in the duty officer subforum, here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18023131&postcount=31

I just wanted to say thanks adjudicatorhawk - I have noticed you have been pretty active in engaging with people's concerns over some of the changes, and have provided a number of clarifications and insights which have helped assuage people's fears. People enjoy STO a lot - particularly systems like doffing (which as others have said, make us actually feel like Captains, delegating tasks, etc), so people are naturally worried that any changes may end up being for the worst.

The forums can often be a bit... forthright in terms of feedback given, but the fact you are listening and trying to assuage people's concerns is very welcome. Thank you.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So is the doffing UI being vandalized or improved?

How can you release something that is worse than what we already have?

Basically they were rebuilding it around the needs of the new R&D system which left out a lot of the sorting information and changed the feel of the UI (presumably for Gateway interface). Some of that has been addressed, some of it still needs work.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm really surprised at the drop in price of the Dyson consoles, though not really - they were massively overpriced imho...but I'm still surprised at the price drop.

They were overpriced and still are, there's no need for them.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I wish you would cut the cost of up grinding 5 blue doffs for 1 purple down to a more reasonable dil price like 1k dil, since you've removed about 40% of the assignments to obtain doffs.

Can we please do this Cryptic?? I wouldn't be so angry about loosing DH opportunities and bridge invites in clusters if you did.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • funderdogfunderdog Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    wow,, i actually collected my assignments, now i have 22 slots instead of trying to get something done with 12. that much was 2 steps forward
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the cost reductions, I'm sure everyone will be pleased to have these :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I wish you would cut the cost of up grinding 5 blue doffs for 1 purple down to a more reasonable dil price like 1k dil, since you've removed about 40% of the assignments to obtain doffs.

I agree with this and would like to see it happen.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can not believe they are actually going live with this.

"She needs more time Admiral, a Shakedown!"

There are way too many issues, from the UI which is still atrocious, to balancing that needs to be fully sifted. This needed like three or four months of lead time on Tribble.

*exhale*

I hope to Christ this works, alright chief, put us on the roof.

Man I'm gonna miss that old Duty Officer UI, so many feels....leave the memories alone.

Fleet Price hike...not sexy.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"