test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes - July 16, 2014

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140629a.17

General:
  • Research and Development:
    • Component Craft times have been increased.
      • Their time to craft now scales with the complexity of the component.
    • Component crafting XP has been increased.
    • Research training 20 hour projects have had their XP per minute reduced down from 8 xp/min to 5 xp/min.
    • Updated the description text on Research training assignments to clearly indicate that they produce only Experience and take longer than other projects.
    • Resolved an issue causing many Duty Officer assignments to still require old particle tracers.
    • Resolved an issue that was preventing Duty Officer quality from positively affecting chances for Ultra Rare outcomes on projects which allow for Ultra Rare possibilities.
    • Updated the costs of Level 15 R+D School assignments to reflect their non-random outcomes.
    • Resolved an issue where the Particle Manipulator trait was not occupying a Trait Slot.
      • It now must be slotted to take effect.
      • It may require a map transfer for the trait to appear as an option.
    • Clarified "Potential Outcome" tooltips on Research training assignments
    • Numerous updates to the UI, icons, and scroll functions.
  • Pricing rebalance for Reputation and Fleet items:
    • Mk 12 Space Items, except consoles, in Reputation Store systems costs 22,500 Dilithium.
    • Mk 12 Ground Items in Reputation Store systems costs 7,500 Dilithium.
    • Reputation Space Set Items cost 32,500 Dilithium.
    • Reputation Ground Set items cost 9,000 Dilithium.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear is 22,500 Dilitihum for Space items.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear is 7,500 Dilithium for Ground items.
    • Fleet Elite Gear is 32,400 Dilithium for Space Items.
    • Fleet Elite Gear is10,800 Dilithium for Ground Items in addition to fleet credits in all cases of fleet gear.
    • Consoles:
      • Consoles will cost 7,300 Dilithium for Mk 12 Space Items
      • Consoles will cost 6,100 Dilithium for Mk 10 Ground Items.
      • Consoles will cost 6,800 Dilithium for Mk 11 Ground Items.
      • These Console prices will be for all Reputation and Fleet stores.
    • Prices on Borg prosthetic arm guns and Duty Officers are unchanged.
  • Resolved an issue causing some players to not have an R&D bag.
  • Resolved an issue where occasionally, players could not claim rewards for completed Duty Officer assignments.
  • Numerous updates to resolve minor issues with the new Odyssey Uniforms.

Known Issues:
    • Dynamic consoles are not seen in fast equip window.
    • "Overload" Beam Array affix proc drains weapon power.
  • There is no Sort or Filter options for Duty Officers.
  • Occasionally, players will not be able to start eligible Duty Officer Assignments.
  • KDF Bortasqu’ Belt vanishes below the upper when Stomach slider is at minimum.
  • Bortasqu’ and Bortasqu’ Long Uppers lack Emblem and Badge drop-downs.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow... sticker shock on fleet weapons...
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aren't most of these prices the same as before?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • dralthcaandralthcaan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Known Issues:
      • Dynamic consoles are not seen in fast equip window.
      • "Overload" Beam Array affix proc drains weapon power.
    • There is no Sort or Filter options for Duty Officers.
    • Occasionally, players will not be able to start eligible Duty Officer Assignments.
    • KDF Bortasqu’ Belt vanishes below the upper when Stomach slider is at minimum.
    • Bortasqu’ and Bortasqu’ Long Uppers lack Emblem and Badge drop-downs.

So this is the final stage? Is this subject to the possibility of it hitting holodeck very soon? Like tomorrow?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They're more than doubling the dil cost on fleet weapons. And not actually lowering the dil cost on fleet shields, deflectors, etc, so I'm not sure how this is a "balancing."

See here

I guess the strike tag doesn't work but whatever
  • startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.42.20140629a.17

General:
    • Research training 20 hour projects have had their XP per minute reduced down from 8 xp/min to 5 xp/min.

Noooo! I really wanted to use these to advance my crafting XP! 6,000 XP may not be enough to justify using the "finish now" button. :(
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *ridiculous fleet gear price hike*

Please tell me this is some kind of elaborate prank.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Little late on the price hike, everyone and their 3 alts they use to rp their grandmothers all already have adaptive shields that put the borg to shame.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I feel bad for new players. Will see if there is anything from the rep/fleet stores I might want in the future and buy it tonight. The devs have gone insaine with the dilithium sinks.

Notice how they removed the "it's not on its final state" known issue from crafting.
  • donburritodonburrito Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are you freaking serious with these new dilithium prices? First you take away exploration, which was the fastest time-wise to get a little dilithium each day, and now you continue to raise the dilithium cost of items? When on earth is this TRIBBLE going to stop Cryptic? This is getting out of control at this point...
    Online DJ and Audio Engineer for Kirtang Pirate Radio and occasional Blog Writer for The G & T Show
    Facebook Page: Don Burrito
    Twitter: @DonBurrito143
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    Please tell me this is some kind of elaborate prank.

Well, it's not a prank, but it is a mistake. We're fixing this immediately. The prices should actually be coming down, not up.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Misread, nvm.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OK, so Adjudicatorhawk has mentioned it is a mistake. Fine.

Hopefully S 9.5 isn't coming tomorrow as some have speculated, so they can iron all this stuff out

----

Still - please do look at the feedback people have given elsewhere regarding the duty officer UI system - this is a big part of the game for many people and does need more attention - the current direction is going to make it challenging and frustrating to use.
    yjkZSeM.gif
    edited July 2014
    Well, it's not a prank, but it is a mistake. We're fixing this immediately. The prices should actually be coming down, not up.

Shew!!! I was thinking that was some crazy cost increase when you consider it takes dilithium to provision, fleet credits, and more dilithium to purchase... way expensive.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Could there be some clarification made also in regard to the Rep gear?

There's the Rep Store stuff...and then there's the Space Set stuff. While the Rep Store prices show a reduction in prices, the Space Set stuff...er...shows some reduction in some cases but major increases in other. Cause it reads like a 34k Deflector is going to be 32.5k...but that a 15k item is now going to be 32.5k as well.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014

I wish you would cut the cost of up grinding 5 blue doffs for 1 purple down to a more reasonable dil price like 1k dil, since you've removed about 40% of the assignments to obtain doffs.
  • torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Thank you for the quick reply. I was somewhat mollified to see the price increase (as, in my opinion, the time/reward ratio for fleet gear is pretty bad to begin with), and I'm glad to see you guys correcting that issue. I understand time-for-gear and I understand you guys need to make your money, but running fleet weapons at 22k dilithium and 20k fleet credit is just unreal and would have pissed off more people then it would be worth. Thanks for the quick response.
    :)
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I wish you would cut the cost of up grinding 5 blue doffs for 1 purple down to a more reasonable dil price like 1k dil, since you've removed about 40% of the assignments to obtain doffs.

STRONGLY AGREE. And can you PLEASE make the Romulan doff grinder on New Romulus actually spit out Romulans and Remans, not random Federation doffs?
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For the love of Trek!

If the devs want to "balance" the fleet stuff versus the crafting then I'd be okay with increasing the cost in Fleet credits but NOT dilithium. Dilithium is a pain to build up quickly unless you dump real cash into the game. Players can build up fleet credits "relatively" quickly without needing to spend real-world currency just by spending time in the game (earning fleet marks and other resources and contributing those to their fleet projects.

Going the route of increasing the cost of fleet gear by increasing the cost in Dilithium just smells like a money grab. If you increase the cost in fleet credits at least you can argue that you're also trying to help fleets by getting players to contribute more to their fleets in order to buy the gear.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's what should have happened with prices. Following up madly now but I want to communicate what our intent is clearly:

• Mk 12 Space Items, except consoles, in Reputation Store systems costs 22,500 Dilithium, down from 34,000.
    • Mk 12 Ground Items in Reputation Store systems costs 7,500 Dilithium, down from 11,837.
    • Reputation Space Set Items cost 32,500 Dilithium (No change)
    • Reputation Ground Set items cost 9,000 Dilithium (No change)

Fleet:
    • Fleet Advanced Gear costs 10,000 Dilithium, down from 22,500 Dilitihum for Space items.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear costs 3,750 Dilithium for Ground items (No change for some, down from 10,000 for weapons)
    • Fleet Elite Gear costs 15,000 Dilithium for Space Items, down from 30,000.
    • Fleet Elite Gear costs 5,000 Dilithium for Ground Items, (No change for some, down from 15,000 for wepaons)

Consoles:
    • Consoles will cost 2300 Dilithium, down from 6,100 Dilithium for Mk 10 Space Items.
    • Consoles will cost 5000 Dilithium, down from 6,800 Dilithium for Mk 11 Space Items.
    • Consoles will cost 7,300 Dilithium for Mk 12 Space Items.
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the detailed repost
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Here's what should have happened with prices. Following up madly now but I want to communicate what our intent is clearly:

• Mk 12 Space Items, except consoles, in Reputation Store systems costs 22,500 Dilithium, down from 34,000.
    • Mk 12 Ground Items in Reputation Store systems costs 7,500 Dilithium, down from 11,837.

Fleet:
    • Fleet Advanced Gear costs 10,000 Dilithium, down from 22,500 Dilitihum for Space items.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear costs 3,750 Dilithium for Ground items (No change for some, down from 10,000 for weapons)
    • Fleet Elite Gear costs 5,000 Dilithium for Ground Items, (No change for some, down from 15,000 for wepaons)

Consoles:
    • Consoles will cost 2300 Dilithium, down from 6,100 Dilithium for Mk 10 Space Items.
    • Consoles will cost 5000 Dilithium, down from 6,800 Dilithium for Mk 11 Space Items.

Hawk, what category does the second space sets like the proton particle stabilizer that currently go for 15,000 dil go into? Stay the same?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2014

[/LIST]

So Romulan weapons will drop. Will the other ones that are only 19205 dil increase?
  • nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014

My man. MY MAN.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
    edited July 2014

Fleet:

Consoles:

What a roller coaster... Thanks for the quick update... going from disappointed to happy dance! Thanks for the savings!
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Prices on Borg prosthetic arm guns and Duty Officers are unchanged.

What about embassy bridge officers?

Fleet:

Consoles:

Thank you for the update, adjudicatorhawk. Fleet gear costs both fleet credits and dilithium. Are there any changes to the fleet credit prices?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png