You can't kill a PVP God. You would need to kill PVP first

As depressing as this thread was...

PvP is deal... rip..
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have serious question, so ansver me, "god". Since you know everything, how much does Gravitywell get bonuses from the Particle Generators, in terms of damage, and what is the % the Particle Generator boost dimishes, and when does it start to dimish?

Would help me to calculate the ideal value of the "max" Particle generator skill.

Thanks!
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    saxfire wrote: »
    I have serious question, so ansver me, "god". Since you know everything, how much does Gravitywell get bonuses from the Particle Generators, in terms of damage, and what is the % the Particle Generator boost dimishes, and when does it start to dimish?

Would help me to calculate the ideal value of the "max" Particle generator skill.

Thanks!

http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill%20Point%20Effects.htm

That chart should answer your question, although that ignores scaling thanks to aux power which is a seperate effect
  • bethshepardbethshepard Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1 vs 1 I've only lost once...damn you ScimitarBarbie!!! lol it was a good fight :P still hate those op scimi's...

Keep it hush lest peeps start trying to hunt me down, nothing to see here dius nothing at all...
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Keep it hush lest peeps start trying to hunt me down, nothing to see here dius nothing at all...

Aren't you already being hunted down every time you log in the game? :P

P.S. Next time you're in game I would like to try my new skills and traits against your ship again if you don't mind. See how it fairs now.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited July 2014
    1 vs 1 I've only lost once...damn you ScimitarBarbie!!! lol it was a good fight :P still hate those op scimi's...

If you lost only once you haven't played enough :rolleyes:

even the best lost more than once .
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014

even the best lost more than once .
    True words.

*ka-boom*
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited July 2014

even the best lost (way) more than once .

Truer words were never spoken.

@Sax

let me just say that even though Tac exotic boats can boost tooltip numbers, sci can exceed RAW by triple :)

Some Numbers do lie.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've PvPed plenty 1 vs 1 I think. I guess in the beginning when I started I did lose but about 7-8 months ago after respecing and such I haven't. So I guess my statement might have been a little bloated but hey :)

Anyway, my in-game handle is Grayfox@GrayfoxJames and I would love to PvP you guys for the experience.

That isn't some cocky challenge either, I love friendly PvP's and willing to learn even more.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still waiting to fight our "Empress," who said she was 'teaching people in N'Vak,' last I heard.

*Polishes weapons*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • neo1nxneo1nx Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is your ruler speaking. Here to help you become PVP Demi-Gods (There is only PVP God and it is Queen Sydan)

Ask your questions and in my grand wisdom I will answer them for you. Drink deep from my cup of knowledge and grow into the warrior elite.

Hail Empress

who is the strongest? hrocha, or rinoceros?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Captains,

I'm going to assume you've all been having a bit of fun with each other up till now unless I see a complaint in my inbox.

But if this thread slides any further into flaming troll territory, it's getting nuked.

OP, next time you want to start a 'fun' or RP thread, please do it in Ten Forward. If you're serious about offering PvP advice, please offer seriously. If you want people to challenge you, then just come right out and say that.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Captains,

I'm going to assume you've all been having a bit of fun with each other up till now unless I see a complaint in my inbox.

But if this thread slides any further into flaming troll territory, it's getting nuked.

OP, next time you want to start a 'fun' or RP thread, please do it in Ten Forward. If you're serious about offering PvP advice, please offer seriously. If you want people to challenge you, then just come right out and say that.

Good job killing the thread.
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    riyottsa wrote: »
    Good job killing the thread.

Pointless thread was pointless.
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I needed to handicap myself. Captaining a ship is the only way I could think of giving everyone else a fair match.

You forgot to end that post with "Hail Empress."

Which means you made a mistake...

Which means you are fallible...

Which means you are not a god...

Which means you can bleed...

and...

"If it bleeds, we can kill it..."

True Wisdom(tm) from the (former) Governator. :)

RCK
  • torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've PvPed plenty 1 vs 1 I think. I guess in the beginning when I started I did lose but about 7-8 months ago after respecing and such I haven't. So I guess my statement might have been a little bloated but hey :)

Anyway, my in-game handle is Grayfox@GrayfoxJames and I would love to PvP you guys for the experience.

That isn't some cocky challenge either, I love friendly PvP's and willing to learn even more.

I like your attitude, and im always up for a challenge. @torach in game :)
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ((OOC mode on))

You're right geek of blue. I maybe I should have worded this thread better. But now. I will try to give lessons on pvp. Note: This part is for new pvpers. You old folks can back away.

Lesson one: Your skill, boff, doff, gear, and trait layouts don't matter before this one simple thing. The reason why you pvp. Why do I say this? Cause when you first truly take a step into PVP you will die, you will die a lot. Odds are when you think you're good at pvp you will still die alot.And your reason for fighting will be what keeps you pvping.

Lesson two: This is kind of part 2 of lesson one. Fight your way. PVP vets will tell you, you should have X if you really want to get into PVP. Politely take their advice but if you are set on a path I say stick to it.

Lesson three:

DON'T

LOSE

YOUR WAY
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    My avatar shows the Count. Does that count?

Also: http://hilbertguide.com/leaderboard/?handle=rosetyler51

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

3 whole rated matches, nothing over 3k. Empress my TRIBBLE

also lol? Hasnt played since september? i r confuse.

This player really makes me want to break out the scibop or tvaro and show them whats what
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus