test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, theoretical question

gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
The rages and rampages about all of these changes in-game have got me thinking: if I were to try to make a mission or set of missions parodying everything going on, how could I do it without making it anti-Cryptic/PWE or taking blatant potshots at people?

Because, seriously? This sounds perfect for a Foundry adventure.

Of course, still theoretical.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The rages and rampages about all of these changes in-game have got me thinking: if I were to try to make a mission or set of missions parodying everything going on, how could I do it without making it anti-Cryptic/PWE or taking blatant potshots at people?

Because, seriously? This sounds perfect for a Foundry adventure.

Of course, still theoretical.

Just make up names. Voporak did it with a parody of the Risian foundry exploit.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    It depends on how it is approached. There have been several people who have done something like this aimed at other users. One was an attempted mostly tongue-in-cheek send-up of loot grinders. Branflakes jumped on that one a bit, said it was passive aggressive and wasn't helping the case. The other was someone who was very disgruntled with the Purity project and attempted to make what he called a parody, but it was essentially mean-spirited ranting disguised as a Foundry mission. That one got pulled.

Something to keep in mind from the Foundry EULA:
    You may not use New Game Materials to convey any profanity, vulgar, hate language explicit sexual language, derogatory references to race, gender, religion, age, mental or physical impairment, obesity or sexual orientation, or reference any drugs (legal or illicit) or medication.

It probably means hate language toward one of the groups mentioned later in the sentence, but I doubt Cryptic/PWE would like hate language directed at them in their own game.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, so it's POSSIBLE, but it's a fine line between tasteful and outright attacks.